Your Most Original Ideas

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Nonsense! Everyone knows Keith Richards actually died of a drugs overdose back in 1978 - just peruse the wealth of documentary photographic evidence that prove it. The mans a corpse, it's only the residual effects of the amphetamines which originally killed him keeping him going to this very day.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Bonobos.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

My idea:

1) In future, humans will expand into space, most of the humans will leave in space in weightless environment...as Earth and other planets will not be enough for all humans to live. There will be space trains which will have to travel by xenon ion engines...however a way needs to be developed to stop these trains from moving while it stops. Spraying with a large pool of water on the approaching train, will slow it down slowly as it enters the floating water.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2) Use fragmentated hubs in spaceship...in order to avoid meteors. Thus spaceships shouldnt be one huge chunk but rather fully integrated and fully automated hubs that make up the spaceship...ones an asteroid approaches the hubs will alert the humans inside to go inside the hub's main areas...the hubs will isolate themselves and disassemble and then reassemble once an asteroid has passed.

Feel free to ask q's.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

How will you ensure that the fragmentated hubs re-assemble correctly?

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

They have fake tits too these days?

9. draqon Banned Banned

predesigned software inside each hub, small thrusters on each side, sensors on each side for other hubs and other objects, a predictable pattern of assembly using the thrusters and coordination from sensors.

Perhaps using ionized xenon particles to propel themselves or even microwave radiation transmitted from specific hubs which store energy and transmit microwave radiation to be captured by other hubs.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What about hubs malfunctioning or getting hit (as everything possibly can) Cant the ship reassemble with missing parts?

11. draqon Banned Banned

Possibly...thats a good idea. Another hub can lock up to a malfunctioning hub and tow it away to reassemble with other hubs.

12. steponit Registered Senior Member

Why save it

The universe is about 23 trillion light years across; then why are my closets so small. Why dont we just but all the atomic waste (thats gathered all over the world, complete with all potential hazzards) and shoot it inot space. To expensive, well just mount an air canon on top of mount Chimborazo in equador( the point furthest from the center of the earth) and get rid of all this garbage.After all we wont be here in another billion years.

13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

1. car exhausts that come out above the boot(or bonnet in FWD cars), and create downforce, giving more traction.

2. some sort of electronic device that senses when it tilts too far and sends a radio alert to a receiver device. this would be attached to the backs of cows during calving, to alert farmers to cows that have rolled over.(before gaseous buildups in the intestines kill them)

14. Roman Banned Banned

Your claim that sex for pleasure is somehow unnatural isn't supported by nature.

15. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

motherfucker!

or how about this:

test for a black hole by sending two (or more) probes that would catch the light that travels in a circle due to the warping effects of a black hole. if you found a circuit too small to have been created by anything other that a mini black hole, then you have made a large step in cosmology.

sorry for the shitty explanation, my noodles are on the stove!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  16. Roman Banned Banned

You know what would be creepy? If all the stars suddenly went out. Like they all burned out at the exact same time.

I'm gonna write a Lovecraftian horror about that some day.

17. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

haha, [English accent] brilliant! [/English accent]

18. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That's not what I said in my post earlier in this thread.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I had a crazy idea about powering cars, once. This is basically it:

1) Use a regular engine to start car.
    2) Once the tires are rolling, switch to the turbines in the tires!
    Those turbines would convert the energy from the tires turning and that energy would be used to run the car. So basically, the car is powered by its own movement- free energy!!!!

Am I crazy or is this doable?

:m:

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Portable Communications Unit

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's called "cellphone".....

22. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Log flumes on dams to increase revenue.

23. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Isn't that kind of what the alternator does?