You don't need Ronald Reagen

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mr.Spock, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Reagan never had much to do with the Russians.

It's the American military binge spending that Reagan deserves credit for - and its incoming consequences, of course.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

He's countering the myth that Reagan brought down the Soviet Union by forcing them to spend. It seems they can do this unilaterally.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I think he believes that myth.

8. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

They got that part right.

Russia's military is in absolute tatters, and the more they try to show it off the more obvious that fact is to the casual observer. Ever since the end of the Cold War they've watched it rust away into obsolesence. Now that they have a little money to spend, it is time to play catch-up.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

He should, he was a victim of it.

10. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Oh.
    Well, hopefully he'll clarify.

I thought he was basically saying

THE BEAR IS GROWLING AND NO ONE GIVES SHIT.

11. CheskiChips Banned Banned

He means that despite the fact Russia is living in poverty, there money is going to military expenditures rather than social causes. Reagan doesn't cause them to spend into idiocy and failure.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Reagan's bellicose stance in his first term almost pushed the world into nuclear war. His Kremlin counterpart was this uber-paranoid KGB guy who had his finger on the button. Reagan was really convincing that he was going to initiate a 1st strike, and the Russians didn't like that.

That's what you get for listening to your generals who get to hide in fallout bunkers, I guess. Luckily Gorbachev was such a liberal.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

yes, and 10 or 20 years from now theyll look left and right and wonder what went wrong.

14. Roman Banned Banned

Hahaha.
    So now you're supporting spending on domestic programs like welfare?

You're an inconsistent moron. I thought you jews were supposed to be smart.

The lesson the west is soon to learn is that you can have enormous spending on the military in an autocracy, while still reaping the benefits from free market capitalism.

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

I waited for the smart ass who would come and say something like that.
    If you look at Russia you'll see that most of the population are unproductive farmers, of whom the government cant rely upon to adapt to the free market and pull Russia out of its crisis. Russia is actually declining in population rate, its pick count was 10 years ago, or even more. Free market as it is in the US will not fit well with Russia. Russia never even had a proper industrial revolution. Unless the governments cuts on military spending and invest in domestic issues, we will see the second fall of Carthage.

16. Roman Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

HOLY FUCK LOOK AT THAT CRASH! THE EXPONENTIAL GROWTH CR- oh wait.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
    Typical.

17. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

and who the chart counts? the oligarchs? its misleading.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Who cares? The GDP practically tripled since '98. That means the economy is growing. It doesn't matter where the wealth is going, when it comes to funding your war machine.

You still haven't answered me, though- since when do you defend welfare?

Excuse me-
    the GDP almost septupled.

19. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i see were you are going with this, but you cant compare the two, its apple and oranges. russia isnt a free western country, whats going on in there, nobody knows.

russia has even deepened its crisis by invading georgia, a lot of companies will refuse to do business in russia as a result.

20. Roman Banned Banned

That was the old school thought, anyway. The enormous success of China and Russia show you to be totally wrong, though. Autocratic eastern countries can also become economic power houses. Turns out we were wrong about social freedoms.

Well, some people anyway. Don't you conservatives support reducing the number of personal freedoms while reducing business regulations? Russia & China seem like ideal countries for you. I bet hypocrisy, self-contradiction, and being a fucking retard aren't even against the law.

Are you kidding? What crisis? What scares foreign companies is nationalization. Businesses love war. There's a lot of money in making bombs.

21. Roman Banned Banned

What, no poorly articulated comeback?
    Could I at least get an acknowledgment that you're clueless?
    Maybe a thank you for pointing out how fucking right I am?
    That would be great.

22. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i am not aware i was even a conservative. i have said many times i am a liberal-i voted all my life for the social liberal parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Labor_Party

i dont know much about china economy, but i know they have one advantage over the russians and that is that they are organized.

there is no future in making bombs anymore, most companies offer either hi tech jobs, or industrial ones who manufacture everyday items. they make a lot more money.

russia is in real troubles, i dont understand the decision making of putin.

23. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i think you should learn to be a little patient. it is 6 o'clock in the morning and i havent slept all night. a little humility isnt such a bad idea also.