"YAMATO - World's Largest & Greatest Battleship Ever Built "

Discussion in 'History' started by soullust, May 3, 2010.

1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It doesn't matter. Conventional war is obsolete. The U.S spends Trillions merely to "project" power it simply doesn't have. No one has. Canada, thankfully, is not in the game, we can barely afford our healthcare after all...

The game is threaten other nuclear powers with holocaust and bully the up and coming peons until you can't anymore. It's best to spend money on something else. My preference is space exploration.

The best defense against foreign invasion without inviting nuclear holocaust, is still the good ol' rifle in every home. Take it out after the invasion is over, and start pickin off the best looking servicemen and woman out there, so that people go "what a damn waste" in their home country and 10 years later, they go home.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Good ol'rifle at every home lol

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. soullust Registered Senior Member

It's true dude, I know a few none millitary men who can shoot a quarter a 1000 yards away...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Sadly, I know it is true as well.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I think that's an impossible shot due to consistancy. The slightest breeze could completely screw up that sort of a shot.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I meant I know almost every household have a gun.

10. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

hah, I live in Texas, it is a fundamental sin to not have ever fired a gun here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. soullust Registered Senior Member

yeah that was more of a metaphor, but there are some damn good snipers, out there and there not all military,

as for guns in the house, i have 29 rifles in mine, and more then enough ammo for them all(about 10-20 boxes of shells for each), i was pissed at the laws passed up here to hand in un unregisterd guns, because i had to hand in 34 guns, I like my toys

(they were reluctent to allow me to register more, And i didn't care for the Bull shit, I beleive in Canada now you can only aquire so many gun perments, Thankfully i had my Self defence toy's b4 them stupid laws came into affect.)

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I dunno...

Bismarck made a grand total of one combat cruise, sank an old British junkpile, and was ultimately sent to her demise courtesy of a biplane...

Tirpitz tried to intercept a couple of convoys, then sat in port helping the RAF out with their target practice...

I'm thinkin' the Germans should have just built U-Boats or Panzers out of that 80-odd thousand tons O' steel.

13. soullust Registered Senior Member

hey dude that Junk pile had my great uncle on it god rest his soul, she was not meant to take a pounding, she was lightly armored fast and maneuverable, with a big bite.

and she has a much more lucrative history.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The "Junk Pile" was the largest battlecruiser in World War II and the largest ship afloat at the time. Hood was NOT a battleship, it was a battlecruiser.

15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

the hood was a battleship and she did not have much of a hitory of anything exceptional.

Now, actually by far the most famous ship of WW2, arguably one of the most famous of all time, was the USS-Enterprise CV(N)-6.

She was an aircraft carrier and is arguably one of the most famous, if not the most famous, single fighting ship in history.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I argue that the Yamato is more famous. Well the name....obviously Enterprise ( Star Trek stole the name ). As a ship, I argue Yamato is more famous. Hood was a battlecruiser, not a battleship.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

When did we fight the Borg?

(get it? USS Enterprise.)

In all seriousness it definately was the best ship. Better than all the other carriers, that's for sure.

18. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

No way. Every navy personnel knows of the Enterprise.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It wasn't the best carrier, just the most famous.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yamato is also VERY well known internationally.

21. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Then in your opinion, which one was?

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Shogun, the Enterprise is far more famous than the Yamato, starting with the fact that it was her task force group that sent the Yamato to her doom.

There was a reason that Star Trek chose the name.

The USS Enterprise is undisputably the single most famous ship of WW2. there is simply no other ship that compares. Not even the Yamato comes close.

The Yamato did not really do anything notable, it was built, and it was sunk, those were the two notable parts of her career and the latter is not something to be proud of.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

In WW2? Yah it was by far the best. the tech specs of an aircraft carrier isn't what matters, it's the experiance of her crew. And considering the Enterprise fought in every single major battle of the Pacific war other than the Battle of the Coral sea in a very active way she by far had the most experianced crew for ANY ship in the Pacific.

Shogun, the Yamato was not famous for anything other than being big. In the end, it was a tremendous waste of money. Did it even sink anything?