Xinjiang anti-Han violence

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Xylene, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xylene Valued Senior Member

We'll see, retaxis; I'd say it's a damn sight more than 10% chance of the caca hitting the fan between the Han and Islam over the next decade...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I didn't know until today, but, Xinjiang is ~55% Han Chinese. It's really unlikely that given a popular vote, that the general population would vote for a cessation from China. I just don't think it would happen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Huh? I didn't know anyone was talking about a bid for independence from China? I thought this all came about because of discrimination over jobs and such? Hey, what's going on .....really?

And anyway, what's the big deal to us? If everyone in the whole province were to suddenly die and be swallowed up, what the fuck diff would it make to us or anything in our lives?

Before this little blow up, no one had ever even heard of that silly-assed place!! Now everyone is ranting and raving and horrified and ....whatever. Does the news media control us so easily and make us rant and rave and be horrified, ....any time they want?

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

yet ranting and raving about shit that isn't really our concern diverts our attention from more important things at home - isn't that the whole point in life? I mean, the TV says it's important I talk about this stuff

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

For those who are interested in the reality of what is occurring in China.
    (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14327)

Consider the article carefully and you will find that Washington is once again destabilizing and dividing to achieve strategic resources with no regard for human suffering. Naive posters are already blaming Muslims for this incident. Sad.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not saying that people in the USA don't have a keen interest in the Shanghai business group, but, please, this is a simple case of an indigenous/minority group people getting fracking pissed off for good reason (so they think) and rioting.'

Let me guess Russia was behind the LA riots? Or I know, the USA was behind the France riots? Or England was really behind the Iran election riots. Come on... don't tell me you buy into these CTs? The USA isn't some omnipresent entity influencing all and everything in the world. No, it's not.

10. Xylene Valued Senior Member

The thing the Chinese should be afraid of would be the emergence of a Turanian superstate covering all of Central Asia, from Turkey to Xinjiang...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turanism

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Consider the article, it is well researched. I buy into what facts history provide, and what present trends indicate. For example the US history of interference and military adventurism.You would be utterly amazed at the volume of seemlingly harmless American NGO`s operating globally as a cover for furtherance of US geo strategy. (a quick peek into the US worldview - http://www.historyisaweapon.com/zinnapeopleshistory.html)

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Do you seriously think that the Chinese are in any way shape or form worried about a Turanian "Superstate"? Come on..... :bugeye:

I know people who work at NGOs and they are not some super secret 007 spy's - usually just people looking to help other people because it makes them feel better as they have a purpose in life. Probably they could get hooked up with the more liberal elements of a society, sure, but so what? The USA is not as "super" powerful as people seem to think. And 99.99999% of problems in ME countries are from the people that live there. That's a simple fact.

13. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Like Afghanistan and Iraq? Explain to me again, why the US invaded Iraq? Explain to me again the connection between the Taliban and 9/11? Explain to me again why Israel gets away with violations of International law? Etc.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OIL and also keeping control over China - there's really no secret in that.

Israel? They're Jews and Xians have some sort of fantasy that Jews are special. If you see my thread on Xian views of Muslims you'll find most Xians think they are following Satan. So, that's also a good peace to play to get support in the OIL and China equation.

There's not much secrecy - it's all pretty obvious. No need of NGO's.

15. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

(http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLJ612396)

Division and unrest comes to Kazakhstan. How fortuitous.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh come on. This is really VERY VERY simple.

China has controlled this area of land on and off for 5000 years. Hell, at one point in history red haired Caucasians even lived there. About 50 years or so ago they reasserted control. Since then they have moved a few hundred million Han Chinese there. They also crack down on Islam as Islam is not in direct line with Communist ideology. Over time there has been pressure building up in the region. On occasion it erupts into violence.

What's there not to get?

Does the USA criticize China? Yes. Do they really really care. A little, but, not all that much. Certainly no where as much as they care about Tibetan. Why? Because The Dali Lama is likable and peaceful. So what? Lets get real about this. The part the USA played in any (if any) is minuscule.

Maybe living in a world where there's a big bad Great Satan to blame all the worlds problems on is simple, but it's just a fantasy. People's problems are their own.

Imagine an alternate reality where Japan remained dead-dirt poor. Guess what StrawDog, they'd probably be blaming the USA because of the nukes. But, instead we have a very rich Japan - so what? Was it because of the nukes?!?! PEOPLE are overwhelmingly responsible for their own fortune or misfortune. Admitting that means you have to take responsibility. Most people don't like to. The Japanese actually are one people who do. They suck it up and move on. Probably one reason they are doing so well. People in the ME on the other hand spend more time bitching than actually doing anything. It reflects in their society.

You know, I know SOOOO many people from the ME, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, etc... who will go ON and ON and ON about Jews and money. And yet, they are some of the f*cking stingiest people on the God Damn planet. They make Scotsmen look generous!

RE: Division and unrest comes to Kazakhstan.

1) We're talking about a VERY TINY SUPER SMALL protest.
    2) Kazakhstan is right next door - connect the dots instead of living in a fantasy world.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're fricking kidding me. They have an organisation to go around liberating people?

18. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Timing is everything.
    No, its about oil and pipelines, just as you said.
    ?
    So how about the USA gets the hell out of the ME, so they can do a Japan?
    Why do you think they go on and on?

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kazakhstan.
    Strangely enough, this very tiny super small protest sure is getting LOTS of media coverage. Connect the dots.

19. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

To make the Japan analogy work, the US troops would stay indefinitely in permanent bases, and ME countries would be barred from fielding militaries.

20. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The basis for Japanese occupation was that Japan, as a nation, was the initial aggressor, so legally that was in line. Not so in the ME.

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Ridiculous.

Both the "aggressor" part, and the implication that this has some bearing on the legality of occupation, or the eventual outcome in terms of the standard of living and political liberalism of the occupied country (which was the actual topic).

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Dear StrawDog,

The USA is in Afghanistan because Bin Laden was there. Do they want oil. Yes. That's the reason they are STILL there. The USA is in Iraq only because of OIL. It's good a gazillion gallons more oil. The unrest in China is because of OIL too. Only it's the Chinese who are pumping the oil out. Not the USA.

Do we agree to this?

Michael

23. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The difference is patently clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.