X

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by foghorn, Dec 3, 2023.

1. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Do you think all those advertisers boycotting X will move to Sciforums now?

DaveC426913 likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

No, I think X may make Tiassa director of communications though.

billvon and foghorn like this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. foghorn Valued Senior Member

X

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Brilliant move. He'll answer all questions in his trademark style - heretofore; as much as can be expected, to wit: a claim of substance, or other means?

And whoever he answers will then puzzle over his answers and keep asking questions until they give up.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

To the one, 'twix you and me, I agree and to the other the twain shall meet and well, it reminds me of the joke about a camel and a kangaroo, I digress (1).

(1) A camel and a kangaroo (Slate 1986)

DaveC426913 likes this.
  9. foghorn Valued Senior Member

And if Tiassa and Elon get real chummy, Tiassa may get Elon to buy Sciforums, and woe betide JR along with…

10. geordief Valued Senior Member

I don't think these sites are that expensive to buy.Thescienceforums dot com went for about $1500 although I missed the last half hour of the bidding on Godaddy-so anything might have happened at the end (asking was $2100)

Wonder what X will go for if it is sold again?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2023
  11. foghorn Valued Senior Member

That cheap?
    Then, that may have been Tiassa bidding for Thescienceforums dot com ?

Tiassa’s has only just gone on the shortlist for the director of communications position at X, where will he find the time to do both jobs?
    The point about Tiassa and his best buddy Elon, was that Elon could make an offer to Sciforums present owners, an offer they would be silly to refuse.

Is that with or without Tiassa?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  12. geordief Valued Senior Member

Seems cheap but it was over the hill as the owner had done nothing there over the years and functionality was fairly limited.(as was the number of remaining members)

No idea really what a comparable site in good working order might go for.

13. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

If the new owner actually does restore it, will TSF still be at its old addy? Last time I checked the latter there was a sex-chat site there replacing TSF. Which I quickly backed out of and erased any hidden malware of (literally everything the browser stores). Because I wasn't trusting either Firefox's or the antivirus's lack of response in blocking the thing beforehand. Not going to test that link again (even on Google) until somebody says TSF has returned (using that URL).
    _

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think that price sounds about right. I contacted the owner here once to see if he was interested in selling and to try to just get a sense who was behind this train wreck.

He did seem interested but I wasn't really interested given how he felt everything was great here (although he admitted he hadn't done anything with it for a long time). I was just curious, would have maybe paid a thousand just to fix it up and start over with moderators. I would have considered it a hobby and a challenge just to try to "normalize" it somewhat. You can see how run down it is since we can't even use the dollar sign without it screwing up the formatting.

I think the owner was in Israel but I may be wrong about that. I tracked him down through Linkedin.

15. geordief Valued Senior Member

Is "old addy" some (aussie?) lingo I am not up to speed with?

Was thescienceforum dot com called TSF for short?(thought that might have been thescienceforum dot org)

Anyway I keep trying that URL and not much comes up (no content ,just a bit of html that I don't understand too well-it mentions google adsense and there is some kind of javascript warning)

I think it takes about 10 days for the new owner to "get behind the wheel" after the purchase is completed and that period is about up now.

EDIT:This is what I get now
    "
    This site can’t provide a secure connection
    THESCIENCEFORUM dot com sent an invalid response
    "

C C likes this.
  16. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

That's akin to what I formerly got at times (usually a block/warning), but for some reason the browser/antivirus security failed last time and delivered what was actually there. At any rate, it's still going to be when somebody starts hooping and hollering "It's back!" that I will risk testing it again.
    _

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Elon thought he could Rape the woke out of twitter and have a new big money shit talk platform
    but twitter is G rated for its masses
    & Big advertisers pay to access that G rating audience
    Elon has deliberately chased off most of that audience & allowed troll accounts to pollute the advert environment.

twitter is dying & elon is killing it
    its all Elons fault

18. geordief Valued Senior Member

Sorry ,wrong thread