X-Files... I Want To Believe - - What's it all about i wonder?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Reiku, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

Ok.

Being a really really really big X-Files fan, even i have to admit the name is a bit shit on many respects. But perhaps the movie won't be.

For those who never followed the episodes really well, here are a few things to know.

Mulder has some kind of genetic connection with the aliens. It wasn't until Dr Scully (played by Gillian Anderson), came across an artifact from a reckage of an alien ship in Africa, did Mulder begin to experience Hallucigenic phenomena, realizing he had some kind of connection to the ship itself. This was soon to be recognized that Mulder was a genetic creation, and that his body would yield secrets in fighting the aliens, and more importantly to the storyline, the alien virus (also been named the Black Cancer) vaccine.

It was said in the story plot in the final episode, that all creatures in the universe had been affected by the alien virus, apart from one renegade set of aliens who mutilated themselves in order to prevent infection. And, the virus had been kept a secret, held in oil deposits under the ground, spanning around the world, and even Russia.

In reading up on the new movie, a lot of things become clear: The reports I have read involve, ‘’a lot of running in the snow…’’

The virus was best contained within the cold climates, because it slowed it’s ability down to spread, and even when infected, a body according to the makers of the X-Files, Chris Carter among many co-workers, made it so that the gestation of aliens could also be slowed down. It seemed to me, that this movie was going to focus on the alien virus again.

Just like the last blockbuster smash-hit movie in I think, 1998, Scully had witnessed the effects of the alien virus, being infected herself, and even witnessed the massive spaceship that had laid dormant under the Antarctic Ice for hundreds of years… But alas, the hard-nosed scientist still denied she had seen it, in her return of the normal episodes in series 6.

But Mulder was not the only one to have some strange connections to the story plot. Agent Dana Scully also had strange connections of her own. She also had her encounter with aliens in the second series, being an abductee, and forced to experience genetic experiments, which she never fully came to recognize as being real until the second lot of final series.

It turned out she was one of many mothers who had came to experience a miracle child, and this child was in fact very important to the aliens, so the aliens protected her, making sure that the child would be born. Strangely, they left her and Agent Monica Reyes (a new player in the last series along with Agent Doggett), to take care of the child, who would have turned out to be a genetic key to the aliens survival.

Scully admirably gave up the child to a foster family in hope that this would save her child (William) from their grasps.

With all this in mind, I think this movie might be the closing movie to end the cult series which won 15 Emmy Awards, 5 Golden Globes and 2 BAFTA awards along with a peoples vote as being the best TV program cult to ever hit the screens. Maybe this movie will cram the last of the cryptic storyline to an end.

In the story, Mulder did find that the final date of Armageddon would be on the year 2012, hence the Mayan cult of the date, and perhaps this movie will draw the curtains on what will possibly happen.

Links

What's it all about - X-Files: I Want To Believe - Pictures ...What's it all about. How does it fit with the rest of the X-Files legacy? Does it follow on from the ... Most popular in movies:. New Keanu Reeves trailer ...
    www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/specials/x-files-conspiracies.php?ssid=2 - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Little to believe in with new 'X-Files' movie, which rehashes ...26 Jul 2008 ... What's this. By Christy Lemire, The Associated Press. The makers of the new "X-Files" movie have done themselves a disservice in coming up ...
    ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/film_review_the_x_files - 12 hours ago - Similar pages

The New X-Files movie July 25th? - Yahoo! AnswersThe New X-Files movie July 25th? whats it about? 13 minutes ago; - 3 days left to answer. ... you can read all about it Hope this helps. 5 minutes ago ...
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080713092725AAXJdRZ - 36k -

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

The movie was just odd. Interesting but I would have rather seen an arc storyline. I think that the actors refused to sign on for anything but a stand-alone story.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I wanna see that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

It was worth it just to see Mulder and Skully bounce off of eachother again. Don't expect anything better than your average non-mytharc TV ep.

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

Slate titled its review I want to care, and I agree. This thing is dead as dead. Why bring it back? And with some weird plot about a pedophile priest? Yeah, that spells box office sales. . .

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Was i right about the virus? Either way, cheers string. I will still go and see it though

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!