X-Box Errors

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Increan, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

My X-box occasionally says it can't read the disc when trying to load a game. is this problem easily fixable or will I have to replace the DVD drive on it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Wrong section man, WRONG SECTION!!

Erm...I could pull some cheesy MS jokes right now but I'm not in the state of mind for it.

Try the obvious, cleaning the disc, make sure there are no scratches. Maybe wipe it over with a damp cloth.
    Then maybe see if the lens needs changing.

But if I was you, just sell the hunk of junk

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

How much does a x-box weigh anyway......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Um..like Thor dude said worng section..try Nerd culture..you can get help there.

Mind if i take a stab. It could be your drive or the cds are messed up...and BTW are you playing legitimite x-box cds on that machine???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

yes, i know wong section whatever. the cds are brand new no scratches, it just says it everyonce in a while. yes they are all legitament x-box games, and it weighs exactly 10 lbs by the way.

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

My friend has had some similar problems. Apparently, all you have to do is either take out the Disc, wipe it off, and pop it back in, or just restart the thing. It should work eventually. Very common problem.

Anyways, even though I prefer PC gaming, I advise you to not take the advise of Thor on the quality of X-Box. Or anything that involves healthy living for that matter.

The X-Box is a quality machine and has a lot to offer. Just wait till Doom 3 comes out and you'll be fully satisfied.

9. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

I know I just have to reset it and it works, but it gets annoying after a while thats all

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Only a PC can do justice to that monster..only PC...and Increan...10lbs

...it can be used as a wrecking ball huh.....

11. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

pretty soon a game system will be better than pc gaming, because they are just built for games, uless you go out and buy a ton of stuf to make your computer a gaming god, most all games on systems will be better. They run at full speed, the best graphics, and the kind of sound systems you can hook-up to them are great. 10 lbs is nothing compared to what the average PC weighs.

12. atheroy Registered Senior Member

the next generation of consoles will whoop computers into the ground. most of the top of the line games on consoles look better than pc games anyway (metroid prime is freaking gorgeous). and all of the current generation of consoles are by far comparatively underpowered compared to pc's. also in all honesty- who's pc here will play doom? it would be a hard search to find someone that had a pc that did the game justice. thats why i like consoles- no upgrading (generally speaking)= constant costs.

13. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

Do you leave discs in the machine for days ,cos that is usually the cause for that error.Its happened to me a few times.Do one thing when you quit the game,take the disc out.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Hehe..I hope you're wrong. I know a normal TV can't have the resolution of a computer screen, but it's supposed to be a frickin scary game no matter what! It requires something like an 80mb video card to run at minimum specs on PC. Mine wont be able to handle it

I agree with you, but for a different reason. The next gaming systems (from sony anyways) are supposed to be hooked up to a central server which can offer almost unlimited processing power and graphics capabilities, and - supposedly - their should be enough fibre optic cables by 2008-9 to handle it all. Personally, I have my doubts about the viability of such an approach for the next gen systems. But..maybe the ones after that.

Unless they actually wire it the way I just mentioned ^^ then you're probably wrong. Consoles are meant to be cheap. Technology isn't exactly cheap..

And then there are strategy games which will probably never find a home on consoles. Unless of course we eventually fuse computing with Television. Once HDTVs become mainstream a future like that wouldn't surprise me. And that would render consoles obsolete...

15. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

I always take the disc out. It's done it to me since I bought it.

16. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

Its says in the xbox manual that if you leave the disc in the machine for days,it can damage the disc.If you use the xbox alot it can cause the machine to not read the disc.I bought doa3 from a small gameshop and it was happening alot.The problem could be a number of reasons.It doesnt only happen on the xbox,it happens on the ps2 aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.