WTC & preemptive war: Who was right?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by TheAZCowBoy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

As DIM BULB beats the hell out of the Iraqi military for the sake of a Middle East that is "softer & Kinder," for the LIKUDNIK thugs of Israel, the question arises: "Is all this good for America's image?"

Well, with an estimated 400 million new Islamic enemies for America to contend with in the coming years I can only say: "Oh sh!t!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean, let's face it--in 2004 Bush gets his butt kicked by the anti-war backlash ( actually, by the economic mess he is currrently creating ) and senator Kerry-Mass comes in to clean up "another" Republican mess.

What to do!

Well, I guess we sink another $8 trillion dollars into Star Wars and hope the Chinese and Korean's don't team up to export more IRBM's to the Middle East and we buy a few more friends with our "surplus" ( vomit ) billion$.

But then what?

Do we build US only "by-pass" roads like the Jews along our frontiers and place a jillion mines to protect us?

"There's nothing to fear but fear itself" Churchill once said. But if you ask me---FEAR will be our staple for a few years to come. "AS WE REAP WHAT WE SOW," to the chagrin of the rest of the world!

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

TheAZCowBoy,

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

i didn't quite get the gist of your thread.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah me neither, I think this thread was just another excuse for AZCowboy to use the term "dim-dulb", which he finds hilarious for some reason

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Deep subject: "Don't fall infellows!"

Moderator edit - content deleted.
    TAC: Explain your post or do not - but do NOT insult other members of this forum.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

(sigh) This is probably futile, but I'll try and help out Lou and Air.

George W Bush invaded Iraq by his own doctrine of preemption. But because of significant aspects this increasingly assymetrical conflict (far more/rapidly reproducing combattants on one side, only improved by the slaughter produced by the weapons gap) the conflict will escalate.

Bin Laden's buddies are on the attack in order America to escalate conflict.

Both factors above are not working in the favor of the current powerbrokers in the Muddled East. (USA & Israel for those who haven't noticed)

So, if you can grasp these facts, try analyzing without "lofty" morals for a moment:

1. Set aside a small bit of your revulsion for American civilian deaths.

2. Drop a sliver of your indifference for non-American, especially Mideastern civilian deaths.

3. Ponder the question again: WTC and "preemptive war: Who was right?

9. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Why does anyone need to be "right"? Its just a bunch of stuff that happened.

Although on the one hand I'm trying to sound dumb it is also something to think about...

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

OK. Right and wrong may seem tricky in this case. Both were wrong if you please.

But which has been most effective? Remember, preemptive war is being aggressively marketed as providing peace, stability, and prosperity to both America and the world. (public Bushevik agenda) WTC had the purpose of bringing war, instability, and economic damages.(public and probably true al-Qaeda agenda)

One of the two has obviously been more effective. These effects will continue for as long as the present violent exchange is considered profitable by both sides. The enemies of America in this case are well aware that they can afford to expend flesh and blood much longer than America can afford the economic, political, and psychological damages ahead.

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

No, that is what wtc achieved, that is not what they said their goal was, just like the us government says its goal is peace and prosperity or whatever but if history has taught us anything its that the us government is a fairly secret organisation, I honestly doubt anyone for or against the war has any idea what the american government is up to including me and for that matter including george bush himself, at least I'm smart enough to know that they are smarter than me, something war protestors should wrap their brains around.

12. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Dr Lou Natic,

How exactly did you conclude that since the US Government is a "fairly secret organization", that it's smarter than you, or smarter than war protesters??:bugeye:

13. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Yes I trust the government, for it is smarter than I and it knows what is best for me and our country. I do not need to know the motives behind the actions ordered by our government. I give my trust, my support, and my life unconditionally without questions for my government.:bugeye:

14. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

TAC: Interesting, many of the German people felt this way during WW II, even as the air reeked of burnt Jewish flesh.

TheAZCowBoy

Recommended reading for you dsdsds:

"A Nation of Sheep." ( Viking books )
    Now available in paperback
    $9.95 + $2.95 postage, order @ Amazon.com

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Its not MY government

and I can tell you that when viewing from the outside it is quite impressive indeed, just like watching a movie.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the us government is smarter than me and war protestors, are you serious? They can make murder look like a heart attack, this is the smartest group of people in the history of the world.
    Cold and heartless? Maybe, but that doesn't bother me, on the contrary, I admire it. They are doing some twisted shit with a poulation who doesn't realise it, who sometimes accuses them of other laughably arbitrary things.
    The us government 1949-present is the most interesting and brilliant empire in history so protesting against them seems hilariously pointless among other things.
    This is just my opinion of course, but I guarantee none of you really know anything about the american government, its motives or goals.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"that is not what they said their goal was"

Lou, since you and George W. Bush obviously missed it, please read Al-Qaeda's "Letter to America" if you wish to understand:

"If the Americans do not respond, then their fate will be that of the Soviets who fled from Afghanistan to deal with their military defeat, political breakup, ideological downfall, and economic bankruptcy.

This is our message to the Americans"

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

This describes not only the intent of Al-Qaeda, but of growing movements around the world, just as is always the case when any empire is unmasked and confronted.

18. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Unmasked?
    I don't think so, I'd be more inclined to believe that whatever gets revealed about the us government would be what they wanted to reveal for whatever reason.

19. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

lou,
    So if you believe the US government is this infinitely super intelligent entity, then you should believe that it foresaw WTC and allowed it to happen. They also predicted the exponential rise in anti-American sentiment the iraq war is causing. It’s all part of their master plan to achieve world domination. – I can believe that too.

20. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Post of the day! Great post HYPE!

TAC: Excesses of the Saddam Hassien regime?!

What do you call US taxpayer financed Israeli STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM, EXTRA-JUDICIAL EXECUTIONS ( i. e. murder ), BIGOTRY, RACISM, APARTHEID and even HUMAN BONDAGE!

US hypocracy, "don't try and justify US abuses in Iraq without it!"

TheAZCowBoy,

21. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should read this carefully, Hype. You won't like it, that I can guarantee. It's rather extreme, but perhaps you should listen closely to the point she's making rather than the manner in which she's making it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/antiwar/story/0,12809,923766,00.html

22. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

the attack on the WTC was wrong......wrong is a mild word actually.

Preemptive action against Iraq was also wrong.

btw...i do not support america in any way watsoever.

23. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    But thats not to say I hate america, like I said, I admire their advanced way of doing things and find them fascinating, I understand why alot of people hate them though, if I could care in the slightest about individual human lives I would think the american government were monsters.