WTC Collapses

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Nov 14, 2008.

?

How do you think the World Trade Center Collapsed?

1. Terrorist controlled aeroplanes crashing into them (like on the footage)

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Remote controlled aeroplanes to manipulate a war on false grounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Demolitions charges rigged by the government to manipulate war

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. Allah!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. People keep flogging a dead horse!

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

And both towers had recently acquired some portion of 200 tons of Aluminum apiece.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

And Aluminum melts at even lower temperature than Copper.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

From an awful lot of electric wiring and an awful lot of plumbing piping in the world's tallest building(s) ( briefly ). Or maybe you think they they used candles and lead pipes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Sorry Un Hoo but your logic fails when it comes to this corner flow of molten metal.

It is highly unlikely that a large amount of copper was in any one spot and then flowed to this corner. We know it was not Aluminum, since it does not fluoresce yellow orange. The only logical conclusion is that it was steel/iron, which was the most abundant metal in the building, and does fluoresce yellow orange when molten.

8. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

In addition, ( and i am sure I will be misunderstood by somebody ) remember that Thermite is, in one of its most common variations, simply Aluminum plus an Oxidizer ( often Iron oxide ).

Hot Aluminum burns. When it burns it makes a high temperature. While it is burning, it does not cool off. While it is burning, it gets hotter.

9. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

Dear Mac, I have noticed your post too late to take it into account about whether to get into the debate. Your generous psychological support of my activities is appreciated as if you were one of my paid consultants. Though since you are not actually on my payroll, I can only say that I value your advice re my actions as being worth every penny I pay for it.

10. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

But, mini nukes could have been used. You obviously don't have a clue just how mini a nuke can be, when there is no regard for explosive efficiency or for safety prior to the detonation.

Don't even think about asking. Uno Hoo is not going to explain to anybody how to make a itty bitty nuke.

11. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

There has been no report of greater radiation level than background at WTC. So there is no reason to seriously suspect that mini nuke technology ( almost an oxymoron ) was used at WTC. But a nuke can be amazingly mini.

12. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Questions: (may have been answered already, if so sorry)

What were the official collapse times of both towers?
    What is the free fall time from this height?

13. gluon Banned Banned

I have read all the evidence now. It's taken me a while to read... all 100 pages of this subject. I must say, with the evidence in hand, it seems that the 9/11 catastrophy may be asking more questions that what it inexorably can or can't answer.

It seems very strange our any metallic structure (welded together in a building lattice) would concurrently collapse upon the interaction of a plane. How indeed the inner lattice (or the metallic structure) of the building quite literally became as weak as sandstone seems rather strange, as there is a massive amount of evidence which suggests that no building with such a structure inevitably crushes under similar conditions, and some even worse, considering how entire buildings can remain contact (and yet lay on their sides) from earthquakes.

14. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

Thank you scott3x for an excellent post re what Thermite is.

As I have already explained, I am presently on the fence as to whether 9/11 was an outside job or inside job. So there will be times i will post to uphold scientific veracity and seem to be on one side of the issue or the other. I am not on any specific side, but on the side of science accuracy. Thank you for upholding scientific accuracy and clearly describing what Thermite is.

I have finally discovered sites having the Structural Blueprints of WTC. The structural concept is really beautiful in its elegant simplicity. And, generally speaking, the twin towers were structurally strong as hell in essential concept. However, there was possibly an Achilles Heel. It is too early to be sure as there are structural parameters that were used but not yet known to me, but it seems at this moment that a relatively small amount of force, at the hand of a strike by a hijacked airplane, could have indeed weakened the building enough so that subsequent fire induced floor sagging could have pulled the apparently robust perimeter columns inward and thus caused collapse.

It is very important to notice that the WTC was not equivalent structurally to anything previously designed. My new found understanding of its structure makes me believe that comparison to any other tall building that had been involved in fire is unfair. No previous building had been designed to be so robust. But no previous building had such a possible Achilles Heel.

At this moment i believe that probably fire alone could not have caused collapse. But, i believe that after an aircraft strike had weakened the perimeter columns ( because of the Achilles Heel ), then it would have entirely possible for fire to make the floors sag and pull the weakened perimeter columns into failure.

It is also very important to notice that it is probably very unlikely that conspirators would have discovered the possible Achilles Heel. There is not really any such thing as a smart crook. In my opinion, conspirators would have decided that the columns needed to be weakened by Thermite. Therefore, ironically, Keystone Kops Konspirators could very well have gone to excruciating clandestine labors to place Thermite, probably in locations other than Achilles Heel locations, in addition to orchestrating aircraft strikes.

Stalemate.

15. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

Double sorry, Tony, but your logic is doing even worse.

Copper electric wires and Copper plumbing pipes were probably ubiquitous, not in just one place you claim.

Your beloved steel/iron needed a much higher melting temperature than was likely.

In case you have forgotten, each building had recently gained access to 200 tons of Aluminum.

Fluorescing is only easily obvious in the dark. 9/11 happened in clear-skied broad daylight.

16. Uno Hoo Registered Senior Member

None of the WTC buildings had structures that were welded together. Almost all of the structural connections were bolted connections, according to the Structural Blueprints. Only a very few connections were specified to be welds.

Building Codes require seismic resistance such that often a building may be designed to be strong enough to be theoretically cantilevered on its side and remain intact.

17. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Free fall from the top of the Towers is 9.22 seconds.

The South Tower collapsed in 14-15 seconds and the North Tower took more than 20 seconds to collapse.

18. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

The molten metal flow occurred at a damaged corner of WTC 2. How far was that from any lavatories or copper pipes, which were in the central core? The only aluminum in the vicinity was the perimeter column covers on the outside and aircraft debris inside. The flow came from inside the building. You are wrong about fluorescing only occurring in the dark. The molten metal color was yellow orange and Aluminum is silver gray in daylight. Even the NIST acknowledged this and tried to say it was Aluminum with organic matter mixed in causing the yellow orange color. The only problem there is that experiments have shown that the organic matter will not mix with molten Aluminum.

The only logical explanation for that molten material coming from that corner, just before WTC 2 collapsed, is that it was steel. This comports with the molten steel found in the rubble of only the three collapsed buildings, WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7. WTC 5 and WTC 6 burned fiercely for hours but did not collapse and guess what, there wasn't any molten metal found under them.

19. Headspin Registered Senior Member

fluorescing of aluminium is only visible in the dark.

picture taken in DAYLIGHT:

its not aluminium, it is molten steel

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, not likely from an office/jet_fuel fire.

compare:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That's nonsense. When Aluminium reaches a temperature high enough to produce a "glow", it outputs photon's at a higher number than the light of day.

You are still making conclusions based on Aluminium at it's melting point:

21. Headspin Registered Senior Member

and what temperature would that be?

22. scott3x Banned Banned

Where did you hear this?

23. scott3x Banned Banned

I believe that Stryder erroneously believes that when it glows in the dark it also glows in daylight conditions. It's for this reason that I've asked him where he heard that aluminum can glow orange or yellow in daylight conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.