Wow, so the world really does care.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Esoteric, Sep 1, 2003.

1. nico Banned Banned

I see your at a loss for arguments, *yawn* that was fun. For exapmle:

You will note that I said responsibility can not be expected without the information. A large portion of these people are not educated about AIDS, and almost none who spread it know they have it(aka information they are lacking)

Yeah so only 39% of Spanish women know about safe sex?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

See that was based on ZERO, pure speculation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I'll take that as you not wanting to address my points... so I'll list them for you.

1) Your stats do not address the education which is needed for responsibility to be effective.

2) Your claim of Uganda's AIDS growth not decreasing directly contradicts your previous 2003 HDR reference.

3) The numbers you listed (death rates) do support your argument in any way. They say nothing about the spread of AIDS. Even if we isolated AIDS patients today, the death rate would stay the same for years.

4) Your statement about me wanting the plague and social collapse is unsupported and simply an attempt to avoid addressing my comments.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

2) Your claim of Uganda's AIDS growth not decreasing directly contradicts your previo

How so? Explain in great detail.

3) The numbers you listed (death rates) do support your argument in any way. They say nothing about the spread of AIDS. Even if we isolated AIDS patients today, the death rate would stay the same for years.

But infection rates would be NILL are u stupid, do u need some knock to the head? Seriously you are really stupid and this post proves it. The death rates i could less of a shit as long as they don't spread to the outside world. There death = death of disease. D-O Y-O-U U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Re: 2) Your claim of Uganda's AIDS growth not decreasing directly contradicts your previo

Originally posted by nico
    First the short answers

But infection rates would be NILL are u stupid, do u need some knock to the head?

Your stats did not list infection rates, but death rates... which do not show the progress in preventing the spread... but the progress in treating the disease.

Seriously you are really stupid and this post proves it. The death rates i could less of a shit as long as they don't spread to the outside world.

Funny, you care less about the death rates... but you cared enough to post them as if they supported your argument.

There death = death of disease. D-O Y-O-U U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D!

Your ultimate goal as you stated is not 'death of disease' but 'preventing it from killing others'. As I've stated, the number of deaths is not a measure of how many have been infected in the last couple years.

Me:Your claim of Uganda's AIDS growth not decreasing directly contradicts your previous 2003 HDR reference.
    You:How so? Explain in great detail.

Since you are unable to find the source of your own numbers, they are here . Refer to pages 97-98. If you can't load it, here's a short quote:
    "progress is possible-as in Brazil, Senegal, Thailand, Uganda and Zambia"

Your statement
    I watch a special on Uganda's fight... why explain and surely it's not decreasing explain is this good too? Uganda/44/62

is plainly wrong and pointless.
    1) The spread of AIDS in Uganda is decreasing, as noted in the above report.
    2) You still can't explain why your 44/62 numbers are actually relevant.

8. nico Banned Banned

Your stats did not list infection rates, but death rates... which do not show the progress in preventing the spread... but the progress in treating the disease.

But the rates are not slowing down, rates are actually increasing in the "educated" US, Spain only 39%, Canada 75% give me a break. Even if ppl are educated they think that they are invinible and have sex un-protetive anyways. Look at China for instance:

http://search.cnn.com/cnn/redir?sou...ORLD/asiapcf/east/09/03/china.aids/index.html

This is the way u are treating AIDS like the Chinese and look at the ramifications. Calious and not caring about the cure but to offest the pain for AIDS instead .

Funny, you care less about the death rates... but you cared enough to post them as if they supported your argument.

I posted them because they are indictive of the fact that a ridiculous amount of ppl are dying for a disease which could have been stopped 20 yrs ago if not even before. I would care less about the death rates if they were in the "camps"

Your ultimate goal as you stated is not 'death of disease' but 'preventing it from killing others'. As I've stated, the number of deaths is not a measure of how many have been infected in the last couple years.

You can't logicly have one without the other. So wtf are u saying :bugeye:

"progress is possible-as in Brazil, Senegal, Thailand, Uganda and Zambia"

Progress I think not!

Yet that's all they say progress, what progress exactly? At stablizing it, at getting medications to the patients, at reducing death rates? And we trust this source if it even says:

So really that is a red herring even the source says that trend data is not accurate at best. So nice try. And that was the HDR, I have the HDI they are not the same source.

1) The spread of AIDS in Uganda is decreasing, as noted in the above report.

Refuted, I want to see actual numbers not innuendo .

2) You still can't explain why your 44/62 numbers are actually relevant.

Simple as your admittion that there was "progress" in Uganda, and I watched the doc on Uganda, they have a radio station that is dedicated to fighting aids, yet still 44% of females, and 63% refuse to wear condoms, why? Simple three main reasons which seem to escape ur limited scope:

i) They don't want to wear it
    ii) They can't afford the condom
    iii) They are being irresponsible. Oh my!

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by nico
    Even if ppl are educated they think that they are invinible and have sex un-protetive anyways.
    Not very educated then are they

. Perhaps you could explain why this worked in the countries I listed. Hell, it even worked in the Us until funding was redirected.

Calious and not caring about the cure but to offest the pain for AIDS instead .

Did I even say to stop researching a cure. You inprisonment 'cure' is worse then the disease.

I posted them because they are indictive of the fact that a ridiculous amount of ppl are dying for a disease which could have been stopped 20 yrs ago if not even before.

We are not time travelers. Regarless, history benefits my argument. As countries educated about AIDS, the rate of spreading went down. More cna be done to improve this education.

I would care less about the death rates if they were in the "camps"

How humane. Why are the lives of AIDS patients worth less to you?

You can't logicly have one without the other. So wtf are u saying :bugeye:

This isn't rocket science. Even if the spreading of AIDS dropped to zero TODAY, the death rates would stay the same for 5 to 10 years.

Yet that's all they say progress, what progress exactly?

Perhaps you should learn to read. The rate of spreading is slowing as education increases.

At stablizing it, at getting medications to the patients, at reducing death rates?

As I've stated before, reducing death rates is a long term effect... and can not be used to judge recent actions.

And we trust this source if it even says: "it difficult to appraise
    the likelihood of cutting maternal mortality
    by three-quarters by 2015" (paraphrased)

First, this issue is not related to AIDS. Second, you trusted this source when you listed the eariler data provided by it and asked Tiassa to support it. Now that it proves you wrong you no longer trust it?

So really that is a red herring even the source says that trend data is not accurate at best.

No, it says specifically 'maternal mortality'. The countries listed have much more research invested in general AIDS research then in maternal morality.

And that was the HDR, I have the HDI they are not the same source.

Lol, nice try. The reports are one in the same.

Refuted, I want to see actual numbers not innuendo .

Here ya go:
    http://nceph.anu.edu.au/htc/pdfs/ContinuingHIV/Ntozi_Ahimb.pdf
    and "[Uganda] has successfully controlled the spread of AIDS, reducing rate from 8.3 percent in 1999 to the current 5 percent."
    Link: http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200211/28/eng20021128_107621.shtml

Feel the need for more links?

Simple as your admittion that there was "progress" in Uganda

As I demonstrated above

, and I watched the doc on Uganda, they have a radio station that is dedicated to fighting aids, yet still 44% of females, and 63% refuse to wear condoms, why?

Have you done any actual research on the Uganda situation, or are you basing this all on a documentary on TV? If you did you'd realize that the rates are decreasing, and that 90% of all men sleeping with hookers (was the largest spread of AIDS) now use condoms... up from 5%. The reference is from UNICEF if you want it. Seeing as none of you links actually refer to countries trying to implement the above listed solutions, you can for once try and find an applicable reference yourself.