Wounded warriors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Wounded warriors face home-front battle with VA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This stupid war. Based on the WMD lie, I think even BR has finally agreed there were never any WMD, but the lives of so many great Americans and Iraqis destroyed. For nothing. We have made more enemy's and embolden Iran. The ME is no more closer to democracy than it was 700 years ago. Just one big waste of potential. On top of losing a great work force it will ultimately cost more than $660 billion more dollars just to take care of our Vets. But guess what - we're broke and many Vets arent' being taken care of. It burns me to see Halliburton rolling in money, while our Vets rot. I read a direct quote from a VIP at Cheney's Halliburton who said they were litterally "swimming" in money.

F*CKING SWIMMING IN IT.

Those were his words. Yup, Cheney's UAE Halliburton is f*cking swimming in so much money they don't even know what to do with it all. Think of that the next time you read about a Vet who has lost half of his brain and face due to a lie and all for God Damn nothing.

NOTHING

Thanks Bush you f*cking retarded turd.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He volunteered. How could he not know what he was getting into. Had he not heard of bombs? Did he not know he ran the risk of dying?

Its a sad sad shame that war takes the young. I hope this fine soldier gets every glory he deserves. Sadly, I bet the VA jerks him around.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you think using the painful wounds of the veterans to further your own agenda is okay?

You're against the war, and that's fine. But to use a wounded vet as a tool to further that agenda is the lowest of the low ...lower than a snake.

Do you know how many vets were killed and wounded in World War II? What did Germany do to the USA? We didn't have to get involved in Europe, but we did ....and millions of Americans died.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

live by the gun, die by the gun.

peace.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And with out the gun, you will be a victime of those with the gun.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This Vet has politicized himself - I am simply helping him do what he wants which is to bring to the Citizens attention how poorly he has been treated by the VA since returning from doing his duty.

It is of my opinion, and I take full responsibility for it, that the war was based on a pack of lies and this solder should never have had to fight in it. He took a job to defend our country not to be used as a pawn in a game of lets steal the oil.

I stand by my post. Ty Ziegel may be mangled but he is far from out and while you may not want to look at his ruined face Ty Ziegel is strong enough to stand up and be counted.

This is the grim reality,
    Michael

PS: We entered WWII because we were attacked. It's a completely different scenario. The reasons why we entered Iraq OIL War II is by no means anything like those by which we entered WWII. Completely different.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am pretty certain they could repair his face better than that.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

We were attacked by Japan, not Germany, so were we right to attack Germany?

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

WWII was about oil, read your History, that is exactly why Japan went to war with us, over oil, and Germany went to war over oil, why do you think they went after Russia? for the Caucasus Oil Fields and raw materials for their industry.

Did you take time to read the whole story? and as Paul Harvey says; "Now for the rest of the Story"

It seems that some people in V.A. when they find problems fix those problems, now why hasn't the Democratically Controlled Congress addressed this issue of a 62 year old V.A. Pension and Compensation system whose rating system hasn't kept up with the times, V.A. can't by Law change the system that they are saddled with, with out Congressional action, meaning that a bill has to be passed by the House and the Senate to authorize those changes, and provide the moneys to implement those changes, so it is Congress that has dropped the ball not the V.A. and the Democrat lead Congress just went home for the holidays leaving the wounded veterans still in the lurch.

ps: Also Ty Ziegel, still support the war effort.

and with a 100% rating he will now receive $2,600 a month tax free, that is the equivalent of $39,000 a year bfore taxes, plus he is now covered medically for life by the V.A. system.

Plus he now qualifies for SSI, which adds another $10,000 dollars a year tax free.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They fix the squeaky wheel, but unfortunately most vets are not well taken care of when they return. Sure they were patriotic enough to volunteer, but that doesn't mean their lives are worthless. It should be illegal to make a profit on war. Now we have a huge war industry with the money and influence to have their way with politicians. Cheney came directly from the company that later benefitted from his foriegn policy. It's institutionalized corruption. Paying to care for veterans would cut into the bottom line.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, they are still working on it. Imagine what it looked like before they fixed it.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Being a recipient of V.A. care because I have service connected disabilities, and dealing with V.A. on a weekly bassis, I can tell you that you don't know what the hell your talking about.

The problem at V.A. stem from the Congress and the way they write the disability laws, and in all of the cases that I know about it is people in and connected to the V.A. system that sort out the spaghetti mess of rules and regulations set fourth by congress, and until the Democrats took over congress there seemed to be no such problem as what happened to Ty Ziegel, some times it take a while to get things right, but most of that can be blamed on the conflicting rules and regulations that congress seems to enact every year, with out rescinding rules and regulations that the passed last year.

The People who work with me from V.A. are some of the best medical professionals that it has ever been my pleasure to be taken care of by.

Again if you would care to notice it was the VA Secretary Jim Nicholson that acted on Ziegel's case, and made a command decision to straighten out this nightmare, so before you open your mouth learn what really happens inside of the V.A. before you start to criticize the system.

Now what the hell does the profits of any company have to do with the care that is authorized for our troops by congress through the V.A. system?
    All moneys to run the V.A., all regulations that apply to V.A. Pension and Compensation are through Congress, and have nothing to do with the profits of any company, it is Congress and Congress alone who is responsible for any of the mess that is now plaguing the V.A. and military hospital system, all moneys for said system are authorized by Congress, all rules and regulations, pensions and compensations are written by Congress, and Congress now run by the Democrats went on Holiday with out cleaning up the mess that they have made of the V.A. system of care, pensions and compensations, for the Soldies on active duty and the Veterans who have already served.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you dont have to invade another civilisation and make a bad place even worse just because you have a gun. atleast that guy can audition for shrek when it turns into a live action blockbuster, its not all bad for him.

peace.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But some times you have to go in a clean up a bad place, estimates of the numbers of Iraqis killed by Saddam run to upwards of 600,000 people in Iraq alone.

Every week they are finding new mass graves were Saddam buried the victims from his peaceful Dictatorship.

USAID: Assistance for Iraq - Iraq's Legacy of Terror: Mass Graves
    "We've already discovered just so far the remains of 400000 people in mass graves," said British Prime Minister Tony Blair on November 20 in London. ...
    http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/legacyofterror.html