Would you date someone with views completely different from you?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by chris4355, May 5, 2009.

?

Should chris4355 give it a chance?

1. No. Those differences are bound to come back fuck things up later.

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Yes. Prove the world that different people can be tolerant with each other.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Yes, there obviously really is no way to tell the outcome, just like in any other relationship.

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. I think people can be compatible no matter what their core beliefs.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. It depends on how long you can hold off on sex...

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Why do you keep making relationship threads?

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Alas, I never did. I'm still stuck here.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Aww..
    Well, at least you're allowed to have contact with the outside world

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I use to throw notes out my window but the garbage workers would only pick them up and dispose of them.

Oh well, as you say, I do have this way of at least having some contact , better than nothing.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should contact the police and e-mail them the address of where you're being held..

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But I do not know where I live, I've been in this room my entire life!

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What do you know about the people that hold you there ?

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

One's Austrian with a lot of children.

11. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

well, lol... looks the decision pretty split. i was gonna give it a shot regardless anyways

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

if you click really well you just might spend years with her until you find out it's not going to work

13. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

if its years well spent then i think its worth it

i never look at long term in relationships i just try having a good time.

most relationships end up in breakups anyways...

14. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Wow, pessimistic much?

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Did you mean "realistic".???

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Did you read my previous post?

:bugeye:

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Yeah, how does that not make your comment pessimistic? It would be like me telling a high school student that they're going to do terrible on their SAT tests because I did terrible. People shouldn't start a relationship with marriage in mind from the start anyway. You just see where life takes you.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

It woud be mor like tellin a high school student that you did terrible on you'r sat cause you didnt study... an if they dont study they are likely to do terrible also... an thats not so much pesimestic but good logical advice.!!!

Warin blinders an rejectin common sinse may take you places you woudnt have gone otherwize.!!!

I advised the boy to keep datin her but i still gave advice on what it coud lead to... cause i got married mor in lust than love an coudnt see pas my noise as far as the prollems the diference in our beleifs coud brang... but if my wife had stayed wit the church i serousliy dout that we woud have stayed marryed... so if they start gettin serous about each other they bes see if they can com to agreement on how to handle ther diferences now or likely face even grater hart-brake later on.!!!

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I can very much relate. Me and my boyfriend are EXTREMELY different. Different views on religion, politics, and our own perceptions on the world are far different. I live my life in a very calm, laid back manner and live by the motto of letting things go and moving on. He, however, loves chaos and a fast paced life and often remains highly attached to his past. Even our priorities are different. His main priority is work; he is very business oriented. Mine is my home life.

But even with all of our differences, we still love eachother very much. Yeah, we do get in our disagreements occassionally, but we have both learned to try to work through them and understand each other, and thus compromise when necessary. It's not always easy, but this outcome is dependent on how much you love each other and how much you are willing to keep an open mind and express compassion for them and their choices, even if they don't match your own.

20. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

No...as we tend to argue at least once a day, we both agree that we should never have married each other.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Lets see... woud you advise a couple to get married if they disagree on issues such as these:::

Geroge W Bush was a very wize president cause he listened to Gods advice.!!!

Sara Palin is presidential material cause she loves Jesus.!!!

Its not a womans rite to choose whether to carry a baby to term or not.!!!

Birf control is a sin.!!!

You mus except Jesus as you'r Lord an Savior or suffer eternal hell.!!!

Ther is no such thang as "gay"... certan people choose a homosesual lifestyle an are bound for hell.!!!

Spare the rod an spoil the child.!!!

We are in the las days an Jesus is comin soom to take us home.!!!

Evoluton is a lye... humans did not evolve from monkeys.!!!

-------------------------
    Sure... no big deal as long as you love an respect each other it will work out jus fine (huh???).!!!

But my queston is... whats lovable an respectable about such a person who holds those views.???

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Yeah for the most part you can live just fine disagreeing on issues like that. My boyfriend doesn't really support gay, rights, but he knows it's a hot button with me, so we haven't talked about it since the election. Many of my friends in high school were Bush lovers, one seriously believed he was the second coming of Christ, but it did not in the slightest effect our friendship. If my boyfriend thought that, I might laugh (behind his back), but it would not change how I feel about him. That seems like a poor excuse for a breakup.

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

No that would be lying. I did study for the SATs and real hard too, got nearly perfect scores on all of the practice tests and got an award for my PSAT scores. There was no logical means for my doing poorly, even the college admittance people were confused by it. But just because I had an off day doesn't mean everyone does. Just because my relationship didn't work out doesn't mean everyone's relationship won't.