Would Terrorism come to an end with Bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spuriousmonkey, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Hear hear. There might be more isolated incidents, but after a few years of vastly reduced US intervention it would die down.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Only becuase the US would be the only populated area left on the planet. Grow up and think for a milisecond. These guys attacked us back when we had a policy of leave the corrupt governements in place.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

When was that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Where?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Bali might be a good example? And what of the Muslim terrorist killings in the Phillippines? What about in Thailand? Cambodia? Turkey? Italy? Germany? England? Spain? Morocco? Sudan? Saudi Arabia? Egypt? France?

Baron Max

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Bali is a good example of a Monotheistic society where a few Monotheists have taken this whole One-God thing a little too seriously. We have similar Xian cults in the USA. Baptists come to mind

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Regardless, that is Indonesia not the USA. If one should feel it is too dangerous to go there then don’t. The same may be said of some neighborhoods in NY. Every country has their criminals.

This is a dispute over land that has been ongoing for at a minimum of 500 years. But ask yourself this: Were the Filipino Muslims (Moro) terrorists when they reisisted Spanish, American, Chinese and Japanese colonization?
    Again, a fight over land. Basically Siam was the only SE Asian country not conquered by the Europeans. In order maintain independence they let British merchants have a say of what was acceptable business practice within Siam AS WELL AS conceded the southern most tip of Siam to Malaysia - a British colony. However, this wasn’t really a concession as those kingdoms historically were semi-independent only paying tribute to the Thai king.

Its hard to say but it seems that the Cham are people from Malaysia that migrated to work in what is Cambodia and Vietnam. After the Arabs began trading with the Malay many converted from Animalism to Islam. As the Arabs traded with the Chinese these people made contact with the Malay communitiers in SE Asia and one of the kings was converted and hence the people of Cham became Muslim. They were decimated by the Vietnamese. The upper-class religion was Hinduism and the low class Muslim. A perfect recipe for strife and that is exactly what you have,

Again a dispute over land. The Kurds want a homeland (Western Turkey, Northern Iraq and Eastern Iran).

Yeah, this is a problem of religion. I agree, monotheistism are like sick cults. Each monotheist thinks that they are right and the world would be a better place if everyone else thought like them.
    It is a very powerful meme - one our mind seems to be quite susceptible too being infected by.
    Not only that but once infected it’s quite difficult to be cured. I’d say almost impossible.

Is there a solution? Probably not.

Is there a big problem there?

It’s awfully hot down there. I'd probably think God was talking to me too if I lived under that extreme heat. Reminds me of some small towns out in Texas

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Michael

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Michael, you should have read the thread a little more closely ...your post would have made more sense and been more on-topic. Wanna' try again? If so, read the few posts above mine, then answer my question, okay?

Baron Max

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What I was getting at is in many of these conflicts “they” were not attacking "us". A lot of these quarrels have been ongoing for centuries BEFORE the USA was even founded.

So to focus on why we were targeted - well I think it was because we are seen as meddling in ME affairs … supporting “corrupt” governments and giving succor to Israel … and honestly we have been somewhat meddling in the ME for decades and we do support Israel.

I am sure if we get off oil, get the hell out of the ME and stop sending our tax money and missiles to Israel, brainwashed Muslim fanatics will leave us the hell alone.

As soon as we stop sending them trillions of dollars buying their oil their economies will collapse and they’ll be lucky enough to feed their burgeoning populous. With the exception of the Iranians, I really don’t think that the people of the ME have what it takes to make much of themselves anyway. They just don’t have the same work ethic, they are too religious and they don’t utilize ½ of their population.

So? What are they going to do? Unite and attack the USA?
    It is never ever going to happen. Over the next 100 years they’ll lucky to feed their own.

Leave a laying dog be.

Michael

PS: Name 5 good outcomes that have come of this adventure in Iraq.