Would Terrorism come to an end with Bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spuriousmonkey, Sep 12, 2006.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Would the capture of Osama Bin Laden have an impact on terrorism? If so what kind of impact?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Of course it would have an impact! Osama is the extremist Muslim icon, for god's sake. They use him as a major tool in extremist propoganda. It would be a major blow to the Muslim extremists, but it would probably only be a momentary setback.

One of the problems that I'm beginning to have is that it seems to me that "terrorism" is not nearly as coordinated an effort as some people seem to think. Some isolated incidents are labeled as "terrorism", but are probably only extremist idiots and/or murders ....maybe just for the sheer fun of it!

If everyone on Earth were to just bow down to the terrorists, I'm not even sure that they'd know what the fuck to do!! I'm not even sure that they know what they want ...they just blow up people and things because they enjoy it, just like serial killers in the western world -- "Gee, I think I'll go out tonight and kill someone!"

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How long has he been underground now? Last I heard, he was on dialysis, is he still alive?

Remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/12/28/wbin28.xml

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi all...

It would make no difference at all if the bin liner was dead, our friend GW has seen to that.....

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think it would be a blow to terrorist organizations, but it wouldn't end it.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Which ones?

10. original sine Registered Senior Member

If Bin Laden is killed, he will be celebrated as a martyr and perhaps mourned by his comrades. Then another will step up to take his place. Killing or capturing one man will not rid the world of terrorism. Like the War on Drugs, the War on Terror is another fuckup invented by the U.S. government.

11. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I don't think he would be celebrated as a martyr if he died from kidney problems.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

All the Islamic ones.

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yep, the more people we kill, the more terrorists we create. And well, with the count of at the very least, 60,000 Iraqi civilians killed, all I can say is "uh oh".

Oh, look up in the sky, it's an American bomb. WTF it just landed on my house and killed my family and pet goat! YOU AMERICAN BASTARDS BURN IN HELL IM GONNA PUT A JIHAD ON YOU!!!!

Yes, thank the War in Iraq for continuing the creation of terrorists.

- N

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

let's not forget all the countries that backed the US and provided 'evidence' of iraqs WMD.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

ESPECIALLY the netherlands.

16. Roman Banned Banned

If we kill enough Muslims, will there be any to wage Jihad?

17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yes, because militantism is already brewing even more inside the U.S. -- non-Muslims, at that.

- N

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Where? What? And who? Please explain your assertion - 'cause just saying it does not make it so.

Baron Max

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Now you're starting to sound like me .....and from the response I get here, that ain't necessarily a good thing! ...LOL!

But in answer to your question; My guess is that we'd have to kill them all, 'cause I think the very last Muslim on Earth would strap C4 to his body and walk into a peaceful wedding reception and kill the women and children!

Baron Max

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That used to be how warfare was waged, they killed the whole tribe to be sure that someone wouldn't grow up to seek revenge. (not that I'm advocating such a horrendous crime)

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That was NOT a "horrendous crime" to the victors! Remember the perspectives, Spider, ...perspective helps us understand things a bit better, and without our silly-assed biases.

Baron Max

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

WTF?!?! Kill every last person who doesn't think like you? Kill the innocent, the grandparents, the children, the little girl running after her pet dog. Just indiscriminately kill them all? Why? Because they don’t think like you? Therefor they are going to try and kill you?

That’s the typical rational of a warmonger.

After we have moved away from reliance on ME oil and have stopped meddling in the affairs of the ME - I’m sure they'd leave us alone.
    It's really that simple.
    We should not support Israel by giving them money and weapons. Their country is based on "monotheism" and I don’t see how supporting that is going to be good for the USA.

I say leave them all alone and let the monotheists have the ME to themselves.

Next: So what if some Muslims think the World is supposed to, one day, be totally Islamic. That is never ever going to happen. There isn’t even a tiny remote possibility that is ever going to happen - so why worry about it? The ME is never ever going to even come close to dreaming of rivaling the USA in economic or military power.
    It will never ever happen. Never. Ever.

We need to get off the oil addiction (it is going to run out sometime you know) leave the ME, stop supporting Israel and we’d be fine.

So that just leaves the “notion” of Islam.

Do you think the majority of Americans are going to start converting to Islam?
    Hardly.
    It is never ever going to happen.
    If anything the reverse happens. Muslims quit Islam all the time.
    I know many.
    It’s very very common.

So stop with the kill kill kill them all talk.
    It's psychopathically insane.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

War is insane. War is hell. Trying to fight a war while sticking to a bunch of rules only prolongs the fighting. Look at Israel in its recent conflict with Hezbolla. They did everything they could to avoid civilian casualties, and it cost them the war.

If a major WMD ever goes off in the US, I think we'll start fighting the war on Islamofascism for real. Carpet bombing, firebombing, nukes. Kill 'em all or just enough of them that those who remain surender.

If the Islamofascists had any sense, they would stop causing trouble and just lay low for fifty or one hundred years. At that point, Europe will be theirs since the Native Europeans will have aborted and birth controlled their way to extinction. Then then could have their caliphate via the democratic process. One man, one vote, one time.