Worst

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Athena, Apr 17, 2005.

1. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I think the worst day of my life is yet to come. It's been bad, but I think much worse will come.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

For me, it was when I was visiting my father as a child (about 8 years ago).

On the very last day, he seemed to go utterly crazy. He molested my half sister on that day, and put her in the hospital. When his girlfriend (the mother of the girl) found out, she of course called the police. He was arrested, and she was forced to drive me home (they lived about an hour and a half outside of my hometown). We got back to my house fine, only to find that the living room window was bare and nothing could be seen inside.

During the month that I was with my father, my mother was evicted from our apartment. I had know idea whatsoever where she was, or any idea how to find her. My father's girlfriend decided to check each of the shelters in the city (of which there were maybe 3 or 4). We eventually found her, and learned the story as to why she was evicted seemingly out of nowhere. So after spending a month with my father, I spent another month with my mother in a homeless shelter. Admittedly, this was my parents' worst day ever, I was more along for the ride, but it will always stand out as the first turning point in my life.

Today, my father is still in prison (not sure of the sentence he got, I've never asked, and I don't intend to visit or talk to him anymore), and my mother lives out of the city and away from any temptations she might have. Oh and for those wondering, my life is very different and much better now (the very fact that I'm sitting in front of my own computer should attest to that), so I'm not looking for a pity party. Just sharing.

:m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

ReighnStorm,

Theraputic, eh?

Ok, ok. I typed it all out in glorious detail and then realized how pathetic it is compared to having your father murdered on the lawn or discovering that your family has dissapeared. Then I deleted it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lets just say... its about a girl and learning that you have a major personality flaw-- which explains for the first time why everyone thinks you're an asshole even though you (think) you aren't. The 'worst' day of my life was simply an acquaintance with a hard-to-swallow reality and then confronting myself about if for a few months. Not a bad thing by nature, but growth can be painful.
    http://weezernerds.com/av/Weezer -- Summer Songs 2000/10- Too Late To Try.mp3
    --
    BTW, how long ago was your father murdered? I hope you can to terms with it some day..

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

It was a long time ago when I was just a girl...fortunately for me my memories run deep because he has 9 brothers to remind me of him....the worst part of the story is that the guy that did it to him only served 4 years in prison for good behavior...go figure that one out..my father was an ex-marine and the guy thought my dad was about to pull out a gun so he shot him first over sand and garbage in the joint yards they shared.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!