World-wide Milk miracles: how does science explain it?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by reap, Jul 25, 2004.

1. reap Registered Member

How did the scientific community explain how the statues were able to absorb large amounts of milk being placed into their mouths?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

excuse me?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

He was just thinking out loud.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

So it is not an important scientific experiment in which scientists tried to absorb as much milk as possible by certain statues?

8. reap Registered Member

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_22-7-2004_pg7_29
    www.mysteries-megasite.com/ main/bigsearch/miracle-1.html
    www.crystalinks.com/milkmiracle.html
    www.drcarolle.com/miracles.ht
    www.ufoindia.org/milk_miracle.htm
    http://www.psychics.co.uk/saibaba/homepage.html

Here are some websites that rephrase my question. The exact date is: Thursday, September 21, 1995. I will am not speaking about ambigious other miracles, but this specific one in particular. Ones on a higher level than this, are such experiences of some people who, such as Sathya Sai Baba, can materialise objects from "nothing", in vast quantities, and in conditions not akin to a magicians (David Copperfield's masking). The point is that, taking a scientific position on the topic, is the conclusion that we are underestimating the wealth of knowledge left to be learnt, that indeed such "miracles" as we call them, are merely just broad, vague categorisation of an actual phenomena realised within our universe? Or that they can be simply explained in terms of basic science, like magician tricks, rely on subtle, or ingenious ways of turning a known trick, into another one, to trick people. As so far i've read, the event took place on that day alone, the claim is that a sudden wizz of godliness came upon earth and gave hindu statue the ability to sip milk, i don't point out that statement merely to suggest cynicism or immaturity, but that the possibility of finding whether god really exists or not, that these miracles have been witnessed, just to find some part of the answer to be the oldest riddle: the resolution of our meaning of being, that it maybe answered.

9. Igor Trip Registered Senior Member

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

How do they know which god did the miracle? Could satan also have been behind it?

Or could it have been a cross breed between a god and a human?

11. reap Registered Member

Thanks Igor Trip for that article! Well, that certainly cleared up one issue. I was reading the paper on Said Baba's "mysterious" ash, and i saw a referrence of it on X-files once. The guy claimed that the chemical compound was not organic or inorganic, that it contained unknown elements. Anybody has any scientific examination of this? There are also others about a person, who could produce fire just by thought alone. I read the book on the universe being a hologram, and there were many stories about people who could see auras around people. In my experience, i did manage to see some of how these people work. They used photographs of you, with appendages connected to your hand i believe, which felt like electrical buzz in my hand. The outcome was a picture containing different colours corresponding to different personality traits. i.e purple meant psyhic/dreamer, blue meant angry, hot-tempered. But i noticed that the colours changed with the position of the hands, but other things, such as using a candle to absorb the dirt clogged within your ears, and the claim was that this method was better than merely using your fingers to clean your ears. Other psychological methods, to clear repressed memories and emotions, to change your life for the better. I read in a newspaper in America, they had this group of people who purposedly covered a teenage girl inside covers of pillows to suffocate her, so that she could crawl out. The assumption was that, because of her "selfish" nature before, if she really cared about her parents she would use that energy to escape. Unfortunately, she died via asphyxiation, and her tormentors recieved a hefty jail sentence. Any more information about these practises, personal or impersonal? There were other stories i read, in that book, about people who could travel through space, independant of their bodies, the so-called OBE (out of body experience), and lucid dreaming. Any research been done on those?

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

If something contains unknown elements, how does he know that? Hows he testing it and finding its all unknown stuff?

13. Igor Trip Registered Senior Member

14. reap Registered Member

gutherie, in the sense that the machine can only detect a certain number of known elements, and the others that are undetected, are classed by the program under "other", or something similar. Thanks for the site Igor Trip, i'll try to get back to you on it.

15. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Ahhh, well at that point, a good scientist faced by people claiming all sorts of things, then gos and tries it on a better instrument/s that is calibrated all the way from hydrogen to unilheptium.