World trade centre collapse, 9/11 conspiracy

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by someguy1, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Repeating that last line in #519:
    "Actually - further extend that offer to anyone here at SF. Let's see where the BS really resides."

It wasn't an invite to mindless, sheer prejudiced scoffing. Anyone can cheaply engage in that. It was an invite to present an intelligent, well thought out counterargument. Not so easy a task.
    WARNING - there may be no likes received for undertaking such a risky, attempted non-PC refutation effort!

PS - My bad - picked up the mistake late. Linked to the Metabunk post containing clearly flawed NIST simulations of WTC 7 collapse in #519, rather than the Wikispooks article as per #515:
    [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

I don't have any MO. Looking at speculation on collapses will never give a 100% accurate picture because with fires raging in virtually the whole building, 100% of the data relating to the mechanics of the collapse cannot be ascertained.

Right. So far, your opinions are crap, your suggestions are crap, your posts are crap and now we see that your advice is also crap. Full house.

The building was burning everywhere, out of control, the fire crews reported this, the footage shows this. How the hell does demolition material survive that? Then we have the breathtakingly obvious - what was the actual point of bringing down the building when it was pretty much going to be a burnt out husk anyway - with almost 100% guaranteed need for it to be demolished anyway?

Detailed answer please, preferably one that doesn't involve splattering paper all over Manhattan. Please don't embarrass yourself by talking about confidential documents needing destroying (the fire - duh) or some idiotic nonsense about insurance claims (building was burnt out anyway).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

That's one of the big problems. If you actually engage with these people, they start calling you shills, or accusing you of being in on it with the jooos. Sadly though, any argument with them makes them think they are right, otherwise "why would anybody bother" they'll tell you. It's all part of the crazy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

You've answered your own question. You cannot accurately predict chaotic events. Once chaos dominates, no simulation is accurate.

The collapse of WTC7, as explained by the NIST, matches reality when you look at it closely. From the damage by the debris to the collapse of the penthouse to the fuel for the fires - it all adds up. There is no need to invent any additional conspiracies to explain the collapse.

8. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

The core is still missing and there is nothing in any videos of the perimeter spreading outward like that.

You are just making shit up.

9. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

You mean being accused of not knowing physics for pointing out the lack of data on the distributions of steel and concrete down a 1360 building and that the NIST does not even specify the total amount of concrete is OK?

Should I list the insults?

I provided data and a link about the CN Tower and nobody said squat, but I get an idiotic diagram with the perimeter bulging out which obviously did not happen in the 9/11 videos.

It is just curious that center of gravity and mass distribution data cannot be found on so many tall structures around the world.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not at all. You got accused of not knowing physics because you don't understand physics - as your posts here amply demonstrate.

11. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

Explain completely what your problem is and what you think actually happened. You are one of the Mr. Men characters - Mr Vague!
    So many posts about the centre of gravity???

Here's the deal. The building broke, it fell down. If you think the COG was outside the line through the building after the tilt, then explain what force in the damn universe stops it falling outside the line. If you don't, again, what's the problem. Urinate or get off the pot you have been hogging for 20 years.

12. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

Send an email to the designer and ask them to explain it to you. Contact a high-rise building firm and get their opinions. Jumping up and down in a huff on numerous forums is just absurd.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But sure, let's pretend the facts don't show spreading of the outer load-bearing walls.
    AND
    let's pretend that the top quarter of the top section (m1) weighs as much as the entire lower three quarters (again a preposterous overkill).

It's still well within the footprint of the main tower.

Let's see what it would require...

To get the CoG to fall outside the perimeter of the main structure requires that 100% of the weight is right at roof level - and the 30 or so floors below so are made of - what? - thoughts and prayers?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

He won't.

He won't.

Conspiracy theories do best when wreathed in a fog of mystery and unanswered questions. Shedding any analytical light on them is the last thing any CT wants.

Not to mention the fact that he'd have to put his science-and-engineering money where his mouth is, and then have to admit he doesn't have any.

15. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What's missing is your point.

What is it exactly that you're claiming? Why are we analyzing this at all?
    I'm guessing it has to do with where the portion would land, but you've said nothing about your beliefs. I'm not going to make your argument for you.

17. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

I think claiming points are missing is just a mental shutdown and you can just stay shut down.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Gotcha!

I knew - we all knew, having asked enough times what your argument actually is, you'd never actually state it. You have no convictions on the WTC disaster. You're not interested in answers, you're interested in keeping the pot stirred. That's the textbook definition of a troll.

19. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

WOW!

My are you impressed with yourself.

The Laws of Physics are incapable of caring about human beings and human beings are incapable of changing them. The Twin Towers were designed within the limitations of Physics and strength of materials and whatever destroyed them had to deal with that.

If airliners and fire could do it then detailed analysis should be possible with complete information on initial conditions.

An accurate simulation of the North Tower shouldn't be that difficult with accurate data but I have never seen info on the wheatchexs on the perimeter.

How many different weights were there and quantity of each type?

So just lifting the top 20 stories 60 ft and dropping them would be informative. So if every variation of simulated drop left 30 or more levels standing that would be a problem. Of course we could throw in some jet fuel for the purists.

At this point I hardly care who did it. What I call the Twin Towers Affair is just about the failure to solve such a simple problem in 5 years.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Busted. As soon as the questions you asked are answered, you shut up and try another tack. At what we don't know, because you don't ever say.

The tilting of the top section of the towers is perfectly inline with the established well-documented account of the fall of the towers. And there's no evidence to suggest otherwise.

You're not discussing; you're just trolling.

21. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

And that explains why you make a drawing without a core and pretend it explains something?

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You are as bad at reading diagrams as you are at sciencing. The structural elements can be treated as if uniform average density - at a sufficiently coarse resolution - unless otherwise specified where it might matter.

Now, explain why you think it matters.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

So do it or shut the f*ck up.

The failure here is not in the analysis that has or hasn't been done. The failure is in your complete inability to understand basic physics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.