World Cup 2010 - one thread to rule them all

Discussion in 'World Events' started by wsionynw, Jun 10, 2010.

1. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

PJ, it is not slow. The only break in the action is at half time. Just because there isn't a goal every five minutes it doesn't mean it's slow.

BAFANA BAFANA!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

WAKA WAKA

Mod Note: Let's all please try and keep control of our emotions in this thread, people. This subject can be a little more incendiary than more mundane and life-and-death world events.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Oh dear! I feel quite guilty, there I was insulting you and it's (note the use of the apostrophe) clear you have learning difficulties. I promise not to pick on the xxxx kid anymore. (relax mods, I'll get back in my box now).

I do have to take exception to your claim of soccer being slow. It is one of the half dozen most aerobically taxing sports around (Australian rules football and Gaelic football being at the top), NFL is tragically slow for a contact ball sport. It never gets going. I know, I know, cricket doesn't either. They're highly tactical sports and more like chess but for an afficianado of NFL to accuse soccer of being slow!? Open your eyes dude.

I hope you enjoy the world cup. I hope you learn to appreciate it some more.

Suds pumperor.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Of course but it is much more serious, you'd agree?

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Good, thanks, penalty kick for pj, on with the games.

I never joke about kickball.

9. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I hope the players can keep the theatrical diving and remonstrating at the Ref.to a minimum. It really marrs the sport for me.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It just isn't cricket.

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Well done grasshopper!

12. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

That's why the need a video ref in contact with the ref on the pitch. The tech is there, it would be easy! Ref 1 to Ref 2 "was that a foul?"......"no"...."play on"

Surely that is better than thousands of fans screaming at the ref and throwing stuff on the pitch, threatening players, calling FIFA a bunch of cun... you get the idea.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Looking forward to this Cup. Should be a blast.

And:: pj, sod off. I don't dump all over your fanatical interests in trolling, do I?

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I view the world cup in the same vein as I do the olympics. overly politicized and more about the pagentry and pomp surrounding it than the actual competition.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

16. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Oooooooh, so close! I was rooting for South Africa and that opening goal will probably be one of the best of the tournament.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Now then......COME ON URUGUAY!!!

17. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

I'm not really into soccer, but I watched the opening ceremony and I thought that was pretty cool. Nice rhythyms. Great atmosphere. I loved the archbishop getting down.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Do you know about the special horns? Evidently, there is something called a soccer horn, it's like a bugle but straight. I can't imagine having to be in a stadium filled with these things.

19. RAW2000 suburban Registered Senior Member

Did anyone do get a sweep stake team? I got France, I really thought they'd score in that last ten minutes. oh hum, bring on England vs USA......

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

just read yahoo sports on the south african teams goal tender saying the fans need to take some of the burden for the teams tie for not showing up and being loud enough. Is it just me or is he being a little whiny that his team could seal the deal to take command of group A. I mean I just can not fathom how soccer is one of those sports that the fans really can have that much of an impact.

21. soullust Registered Senior Member

soccer is such a slow boring, worthless sport, I mean common lets go kick a ball in a mile wide net....

Definitely a weak sport.

22. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

:crazy:

23. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Another quality post from soullust (when are we going to get a moron filter for this supposedly intellectually advanced forum?)

Please refer to the above photo of the Tshabalala in mid flight scoring a stunning goal with a pinpoint accurate left foot strike at full pelt (any slower and he'd be lying down yeah?) He had just pulled the ball down with a deft touch also at full tilt. Impressive stuff.