Wonders of your favorite scify!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by George1, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

He also had sex with Tasha Yar several years earlier. She asked first and he replied, "Oh yes. I am fully functional."

Favorite sci-fi TV show: Farscape. Hardly needs an explanation! A fabulous job of creating the visual images, there was always something new and astounding so you could never just get used to it. There were so many different alien species. The storylines were very literate and there was plenty of humor, but it was also dead serious. And it had a Muppet, the pilot who was part of the ship.

Favorite sci-fi movie: I'm not sure there's ever been one that I liked as well as Farscape or even Babylon 5 or even Star Trek DS9 or even Stargate SG-1. Sci-fi stories have to be longer than movie-length in order for me to get settled into the universe. I guess I'll just vote for "Avatar." It's the one I saw most recently and it was pretty damn good. Unless you count "The Dark Crystal," which is right on the boundary between sci-fi and fantasy (like "Avatar" isn't?) and is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

Favorite sci-fi novel: Code of the Life Maker by James P. Hogan. A civilization of mechanical creatures who make their technology out of primitive organic creations encounters a civilization of biological creatures (humans) who make their technology out of primitive mechanical creations. Each is positive that they are natural and the others are descended from the artifacts of a long-dead civilization of creatures like themselves. A fascinating question of both philosophy and science. I made more notes in that book than in any of my textbooks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Two Muppets!
    Don't forget Dominar Rygel.

Actually I always thought Stark was a bit of a muppet too, but that's just British humour.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

can I own my own ship though and go where " I " want , in my own ship ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

my fav. is Babylon 5

a space station in the middle of nowhere , a place for other beings to meet and interact

more easily grasped , not too far into the future as many others are

and see's the evolution of Humanity in the near future and perhaps our attitude towards our own evolving talents

as well , our final attitude towards god and evil , and how we Humans mature towards the both of them , kick them out of our lives , then move on , on our own

terrific series really

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I don't know about the Borg Queen, but he definitely had sex with Tasha Yar in the Naked Now.

9. George1 Registered Senior Member

seriously now, why did they put Data on the ship now? so he can *cough*comfort*cough* the crew? XP