Women's life expectancy in America.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by clusteringflux, Aug 26, 2008.

1. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Women's life expectancy in America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/21/AR2008042102406.html?nav=rss_nation

This is really noticeable in my area. Everywhere you look, an overweight woman with a comparatively thin man.

What the article doesn't take into account is the large number of women sitting in an office chair all week long. I'd say it's a given that mothering is more labor intensive than secretary work.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It seems to me that todays women are not doing as much walking, working or in general exercising as they once did. I'd think this is mainly due to living conditions changing. Once many women lived in rural areas and had to walk , do chores around the house and other things that in todays condo, rental environment they don't. Living in mainly cities now a days women tend to not have as much to do as once they did because the living conditions have changed so that they really don't need to. So if they don't move as much as they once did they will gain weight plus the foods today are high in fatty stuff to help gain weight as well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Agreed. The article also brings up smoking. Is smoking somehow worse for women than men? (besides being coupled with inactivity)

Anyway, maybe the scifo ladies would like to give some good examples of how they stay active.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.