Women running the vatican under a popess

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by Michael 345, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Michael 345 Looking for Bali in Nov Valued Senior Member

How would religion be different if the "naughty boy" did not become the Messiah but his mother did?

The butterfly flaps its wings and the bearded women at the Monty Python stoning get together with Mary and fast forward to 2018 and there is a popess with bishopesses - no men allowed

Would men kick up a fuss throughout the ages to be allowed access to the all girls club until gaining entry in February 2014?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_women_and_the_Catholic_Church

Would men take notice of women in charge in a church? Or would they be pleased all women flock off to church each Sunday and they stay home for TV sports?

Would lesbians be admitted to the church sooner than homosexuals were allowed in?

Would men protest against not being allowed to be ordained?

Would a popess lay down rules about men not being allowed to use birth control? Or would they flip that to men MUST use birth control unless the female allows and consents to sex without?

Any thoughts?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

There should be mommy and daddy popes to bring little popes into the world.

The exclusion of women is just one more fact that evidences the stupidy and nonseness that is the church...
    Tax them, tax crosses, tax holey water, tax them and see if they can then find a reason to exist.
    What was your question?
    Throw out the old men or at least make them wear a condom over their head with no air holes and bring in women they will do a better job ...mind you they will never be able to dress up as pretty as the current mob of pretenders.
    Tax their gowns and robes and any sticks they carry.
    In fact make them pay double tax to make up for all the years they did not pay...and fine them as well.
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 Looking for Bali in Nov Valued Senior Member

Like royalty, popeness passed down by succession inheritance

That could work. Various religions around the world in various countries have their own version of the Vatican with their religion's royalty marrying into other religions royalty

Any research about how many royalties exist? Are there any on the outer ie no other royal families would allow them to marry into theirs and no royal families want to marry into a outer royal family?

Would men treat a female Vatican as big sewing / knitting club?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

They do now ..its a club but nothing as useful or as productive as a sewing or knitting club...in fact when you try to define what they do one is left wondering...
    Play dress ups as far as I can tell.
    Tax them for dressing up.
    It is unbelievable so much of the planets resources got to building churches etc and for fancy gowns.
    Thats all they can do dress up and play make believe...
    Alex

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I am pretty sure that a lot of nonsense around the dodgy concept of "Natural Law" (abortion, contraception), would be treated a great deal more pragmatically if there were women priests, bishops and in due time a pope. Any woman who has had a miscarriage has a different perspective on abortion, seeing as "nature" does it all the time. The effect of unplanned pregnancy would also be something they would understand.

The attitude of the Church towards sex - and indeed towards women - has always been one of ambivalence and distrust. I blame St Paul, mainly, but no doubt there were cultural forces and traditions at work in the early church from other sources as well, including judaism (weird attitudes towards menstruation etc). So far as I am aware, none of the teaching of Christ - which is supposedly what really counts for Christians - says anything negative about women or sex.

Ordination of women priests would be a very good thing all round for the Catholic Church, in my view. I am sure it will come about one day, though not in my lifetime.

Following your train of thought, it is tempting to speculate that women's emancipation in its widest sense might have come about a great deal sooner if we had had a female church hierarchy.

9. Michael 345 Looking for Bali in Nov Valued Senior Member

Agree. What about mostly women in church each Sunday running the world, with men on the couch at home running sports? Viable? Desirable? Wishful thinking?

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

But that's exactly what we have today! Far more women than men show up for Sunday services, esp in the Anglican church.

11. Michael 345 Looking for Bali in Nov Valued Senior Member

Is that for older women ie women living longer than their husbands?

12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I want a third alternative.

13. Michael 345 Looking for Bali in Nov Valued Senior Member

Gay and lesbian rainbow church?

14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

To some degree I think, yes. I suspect also that the social aspects of the church appeal more to women than to men.