Woman bites dog that bites her dog that bites on woman causing her scratches

Well neither of my 2 pitbulls would ever harm a soul. They're the nicest creatures you could ever meet. That's why I absolutely hate it when stories like this pop up. It shines the spotlight on the few bad apples and gives the whole breed a bad name, when really it's all the fault of certain irresponsible dog owners.

Well neither of my 2 pitbulls would ever harm a soul. They're the nicest creatures you could ever meet. That's why I absolutely hate it when stories like this pop up. It shines the spotlight on the few bad apples and gives the whole breed a bad name, when really it's all the fault of certain irresponsible dog owners.

It's not that all pitbulls are bad, it's that their potential for harm is so overwhelmingly great that they are fast becoming canis non grata. And with good reason: they don't really have the "right" to exist. Pitbulls aren't evolutionarily necessary, and all too often they revert to their fundamental, genetically manipulated patterns: violence.

~String

Pit bulls aren't always mean. My buddies pit bull was in the Guinness book of World Records for pulling strength - or so he told me. Anyway, the dog seemed nice enough. I was told they normally don't growl and so that's the reason they "seem" do go ape-shit. It's really a case of you are not picking up on the signs they are very very pissed off with you. Just imagine a dog growing very loudly and foaming and this is basically what the Pit is feeling like minus the growling and foaming at the mouth.

But yeah, they are bred for the pit and so they are more aggressive than most dogs.

to the point were she drew the blood of the dog?...excuse me...but thats nuts.
You don't seem to understand that pitbulls are "Terminators" on four legs. They're almost impossible to stop without a weapon.
A knife to the eye works well with putbulls too.
Most Americans don't carry weapons, despite what you see in our movies.
I have herd alot of stories of pitbulls killing other dogs or in a few cases young children.
Pitbulls were only bred to attack other animals, never humans. The fighting rings would be impossible to manage if the humans had to worry that the dogs would turn on them. Dog attacks on humans are exceedingly rare, compared to the other dangers we face, since eliminating that instinct was obviously one of the most important goals of selective breeding when wolves first began living among us 15,000 years ago. Only a few guardian breeds were developed with that behavior.

When pitbulls attack people, especially children, it makes the headlines because pitbulls are newsworthy. There's no good evidence that they are any more likely to display this anomalous behavior than any other breed. A dog that looks like a pitbull but is really half Doberman, German shepherd or chow (a notoriously unreliable dog along with its cousin the shar-pei) will be logged in the records as a pitbull.

Lhasa Apsos were originally developed to be monastery watchdogs. When we first began breeding them in the 1980s, the "puppy mills" had created so many throwbacks to their uncivilized Tibetan ancestors that they were one of the leaders in dog bites in America. Fortunately poorly-bred Lhasas usually have an underbite so they can't do much harm.
Incredibly, this goofy story is allowed as 'World Events'.. hardly appropriate and truly Ridiculous here- and with at least one mod participating and not moving it to where it belongs.
There are two of us now. Where would you like it to be moved? We don't have a subforum called "General News," this is as close as it gets. We've had pitbull stories before, I imagine every forum gets them.
I have a. . . .Maltese cross Lhasa Apso who thinks she is a Rottweiler and tries to attack EVERYTHING.
Must be one of those Lhasa Apso throwbacks to the Himalayan days when they were watchdogs. Being an enthusiast of both of those breeds I have to say, that is one truly bizarre hybridization. It just has to be a mismating, I can't imagine anyone doing it on purpose!

Maltese:
  • very keen-eyed (for a dog, equivalent to about 20:80 on the human scale)
  • very intelligent
  • very active and energetic
  • nimble
  • gregarious
  • a follower
  • playful
  • love everybody
  • circus performer
  • respectful of your authority
  • a dog lover's dog.
Lhasa Apso:
  • legally blind even with the hair out of their eyes
  • the IQ of a hoover
  • couch potato
  • trip over the doormat, although they can climb straight up a snowy cliff
  • loner
  • even the females are alpha
  • serious
  • love you, won't let your mother in the house if she doesn't seem trustworthy (they're always right about that stuff and you'll be sorry if you don't believe them)
  • sit on your sofa all day listening for burglars
  • consider you a really nice roommate who buys all the food
  • a cat lover's dog.
What can you possibly expect to get in a crossbreed? :)
Stories about pitbulls attacking people are media hype, taken out of statistical context. But the pitbull people I know warn me never to bring my dogs over, and the responsible ones never take them out walking in public where they might meet another dog.

I have to do that with my dog too. We know that he hates other animals so we keep him away from animals. Even when we lived near a farm, we chained him up during the day and let him in at night so he wouldn't hurt or kill anyone else's pet. Its more work than usual, but if you love your dog and don't want them to get in trouble or hurt someone else's animal then these are precautions that you have to take.

Most Americans don't carry weapons, despite what you see in our movies.

Most American women have kitchens loaded with knives. When a dog is being attacked in your own back yard, that knife is just a hop skip and a jump away. Of course high heels can be a substitute with enough force. Even branches, keys, and other pointy goodies might work.

FR your right

She sits on the bed all day growling at anyone who walks past (on the other side of the street even)

She runs into walls but climbs on the backs and arms of the chairs

She is VERY jelous to the point that if we are patting the cats she will chace them away so SHE gets the atention

She growls at US when we come out of the shower (because we smell different)

She HATES anyone else in the house except a couple of people who she will tollerate after about an hour of barking

She hardly EVER comes when called and when she does its only as far as the same room and then she splaies herself out

She spends the night going between our bed to check we are ok to out the back to check on my other dog

she likes to bite when she plays:p (my partner and i pretend to atack each other and she bites the other one or even the one she is protecting:p)

She spends 90% of the day asleep (although she can still hear people talking outside)

She thinks she runs the house and she bosses the cats around (who are bigger than her) and even my german shepherd X redhealer

Basically your right she is mostly Lhasa Apso:p

Back