'Witch' to be executed

Discussion in 'World Events' started by D H, Feb 15, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And? Human rights orgs are doing what they can. Which is more than can be said for those supporting such oppressive rulers. Meanwhile, 25,000 children died of starvation today.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And what will Allah do this day?

Watch a witch burn or save 25,000 of children from dying of starvation?

Film at eleven.

Next up, dead children, how do they stack up?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

We are not, but they are. There are still people living in the stone age. And there are people living in our future. Culture time is relative.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If you're waiting for a miracle to solve your problems, you'll be waiting a long long time.

One hour of contemplation is better than seventy years of prayer-Mo

8. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Muslims do not refer to the practice as 'witchcraft', it is simply called ‘black magic’ (can be practiced by both men and women). The deliberate and callous targeting of old women must have come from Europe in the Middle Ages, I do not think anything like that has ever happened in other societies (including amongst Muslims).

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

Tell that to the woman who is contemplating her vicious execution.

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

You are wrong. There have been two cases of young UK Muslim women being beaten to death in an attempt to exorcise a djinn. How many others are severely beaten without dying is anybody's guess.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lets hope she is not depending on a miracle either.

Like the girl sentenced to lashes for rape, she might be better advised to use the media to escape a ridiculous legal system.

No telling what the benefits of speaking out may be.

12. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

The Muslim world is often derogatorily referred to as being stuck in the 15th century of some such, but the fact is that 'uppity' women in the US, for example, were given lobotomies - literal or chemical - into the second half of the twentieth century. Right now in the US, personal use of drugs can put you, especially if you are black or latino, in a place where you stand a good chanced of being raped and possibly being owned by another prisoner.

And my guess is that current psychiatric pharmaceutical practices are going to be looked back on as as barbaric as debtor's prisons and the practices of leeches and barbers are by our generations.

But I suppose rats and other experimental animals can take some solace in that we in the West (and everywhere else for that matter) like to experiment on humans almost as much as them.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i would have to agree with sam here. Its terrible but whatever you call it witch craft, terriousm, evil commies, enermie combatants, they are all just lables people use to dispose of political prisioners

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

How is that known, Asguard? Maybe the Saudis really do think that way. In fact, it's far more likely they do; it's exceedingly hard to believe they would hesitate to execute someone considered any kind of political threat on that very basis.

I was also amused at Ghost's prevarication that the persecution of old female "witches" must be some Western-influenced thing. Ha! But by all means; blame that which one hates! I think the legal history of "female witchcraft" in dar-al-islam will probably bear out evidence of its punishment there as well. Still working for those moderates at MPAC-UK, Ghost?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

GeoffP im confused as to your meaning. Are you saying that is NOT why cultures through out history have used these titles?

Look at the inquisition, look at america, look at migabie. Thoughout history there has always been ways to devide "us" and "them" and if you dont agree that means your one of "them" and we can do anything we want to you. Mostly its been religion but also comunisium, and terrisium (although i could say this is a neat lable for another religious war)

Or are you just saying you dont think this aplies in this case?

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Of course not. These people almost certainly believe that the woman was, in point of actual fact, a witch, much as gangs of crazed Pilgrims though about some of their women. Belief in jinn (ghosts) is quite prevalent in Saudi society as a whole, to hear some visitors tell of it; interestingly, the accusation was that the woman employed jinn to do her "witchery". You don't honestly think the Saudis would mask some other kind of witch-hunt as a literal witch-hunt? Why would they need to? They kill and imprison lots of people for any sort of supposed "religious crime". Which "ism" is the woman meant to represent? Witchism? Or Jinnism?

17. Myles Registered Senior Member

You have put your finger on it but don't expect to be understood by some of the people on here. As I mentioned above, two young Muslim girls were beaten to death by relatives who later claimed it was their intention to exorcise a jinn. We are dealing with primitive people and I cannot see how anyone can deny that. But they do. It's beyond comprehension.

18. draqon Banned Banned

Would you execute them?

How would you execute them?

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

no but i would do something else with them

Well if i was single anyway

20. Myles Registered Senior Member

In the first place you are not addressing the issue; you are avoiding it.We are talking of what is happening today in Saudi Arabia. Is it your intention to support what is going on ?

If you want to talk about medical practices in the US, we can do so but let's not conflate one issue with another; there is no logical reason to do so.

To say that experiments were carried out on human beings may be true in some sense, but what you derogatorily call experiments were motivated by a desire to help huimanity, not to punish individuals. How can you compare that to the primitive mindset of people who behave as they do in some Muslim countries. And then you mention rats which, as I see it, is purely and enotive argument to bolster your case.

So, let's be clear . Do you support what is going on in Saudi ? Having answered that, we can discuss the other matters you refer to , on another thread. For the record, I have said elsewhere that I regard waterboarding as a regression to a time when ducking stools were used to extract confessions from "witches". I did not take the line, well look at what goes on in Saudi Arabia because each case should should be judged on its merits.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  21. Myles Registered Senior Member

As usual, your argument is clear but not to the point, at least on this topic

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not so common to see belief in jinn exorcism in Saudi Arabia, its more common in Egypt. However, belief in black magic (not witchcraft) is very common, and is especially bad for someone who has the bad luck to "foretell" catastrophes. But at a legal level? Nope, its just an excuse to get rid of someone for some other reason. There are no laws on witchcraft.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member