Win10 "spying" tactics go beyond just that OS

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by C C, Aug 29, 2015.

1. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

http://bgr.com/2015/08/28/windows-10-features-spying-windows-7-8/

EXCERPT: Windows 10’s warm reception has been sullied by concerns over data collection, usage tracking and spying, which is enabled in the new operating system by default. In fact, many people have avoided updating to Windows 10 solely due to concerns surrounding these issues. [...] But as it turns out, Windows 10 isn’t the only Microsoft operating system collecting your data without your knowledge. [...] new updates pushed out recently to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 include features that introduce some severe data collection and tracking features that some users will be uncomfortable with....

danshawen likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. danshawen Valued Senior Member

Yeah. The MalwareBytes program most recently endorsed by Microsoft as third party security software has recently become irritated by the additional malware activity of some of Microsoft's own "updates" to Windows 7 to make it mimic the spyware activity heaped on users of the Windows 10 upgrade.

M$ never learns. This platform could benefit most by another double digit dip in market share.

Only a security state like the former Soviet Union could love such a machine. Maybe that's the point. An influx of KGB hackers get jobs at Microsoft. Their purpose is to reduce Windows to rubble, and the entire U.S. Government cyber infrastructure along with it, bankrupting government operations from the inside track. I have a movie title: 'Dirty Rotten Stinkers'. Buy Apple stock NOW.

Windows 10 has a Window icon where the start button was, which toggles it back and forth between Windows 7 and Windows 8. Big deal.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Only? The US, Canada, UK and Australia have had their pants on fire for years over the same crap, so don't single out the USSR, (or China).

NSA and AT&T have were caught in the '90s, and it hasn't even slowed down.

You don't manage any networks, do you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. danshawen Valued Senior Member

I avoid anything supporting Windows computers like it was the plague. The only reason I know as much as I do is because I have to support my wife's Windows computer. Her employer does not provide employees with a choice.

Thank goodness for Linux.