Will You Get Married

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Dec 20, 2006.

?

I am of the opinion...

Poll closed Jan 19, 2007.
  1. Yes if I meet the right person

60.0%
  2. No because...

25.7%
  3. Other; Comment

14.3%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

well were are they, these women who want sex and kids? I want to meet one at least.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

What happened in your life to cause you to hate women so much, Baron?

You might reply that it is common sense, but it must have been because of some specific event(s) in your life that caused such an overt hatred.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

??? ...hoping that your body will transcend...???? Geez, you not just different, you're fuckin' weird and strange and odd and fucked up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

well thx, now I feel reassured.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, my god, you really read me all wrong. Hell, I love women, I respect women, I grew up in an era where women were to be respected and honored. I find it difficult to do anything less.

But what you're reading is not how I feel about women, but how well I know them!

Absolutely not. I'm actually one of those old fools who seems to love and respect women ...even when I probably shouldn't! But again, I know women, I've been around and with women for over 40 years ...I love them, but I know what they do to me and other men. Why do you think that the divorce rate of new marriages is over 50%?

Baron Max

9. draqon Banned Banned

The lawyers are too good at their job?

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You're probably too young yet to run into many of them. Just guessing, I'd say that you're in your teens or very early 20s. Wait until you're something like 35 or so and have a good career making good money ...then they'll swarm around you like bees to honey!

Baron Max

11. draqon Banned Banned

35? ... i wanna cry, thats 15 more years ...

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Nope. It's because men and women can't get along with each other on an equal basis. In the old days, the woman knew that the man was in charge of the partnership. Now, neither one of them can figure it out, but they both want equal say in matters. Can you imagine the difficulties with women and men being so different, wanting different things, etc? Wow, it's a wonder the divorce rate isn't something like 90%!

Baron Max

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Masturbate, use whores, ....or anything else. But don't let yourself get tangle up with ONE woman ...or you'll be damned sorry in a short period of time.

Baron Max

14. draqon Banned Banned

and you say you dont hate women? pathetic.

15. draqon Banned Banned

Not all Harvard lawyers graduated I guess.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Huh? I wouldn't marry a pig, either, but that don't mean that I hate them!

No, I don't hate women. And in fact, it's exactly the opposite. But that doesn't change my opinion that men and women just can't get along well. And the facts of the matter hold that up to be true!

Baron Max

17. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

It still depends, doesn't it?
    50% of the marriages are working out, aren't they?

Plus, in 62 years, you must've heard of marriages that worked out. By the way, are you, personally, against staying with one women in the sense of marriage and "together without paper"?

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Depends on what you mean by "working out". In most long-term marriages that I've ever known, one or the other is the dominant partner, the other is the subserient one. I've never, ever, in all my 62 years, have known a marriage that wasn't exactly like that. So if that's what you want, fine.

Tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and...... It was always the same, we just could never make it work. And I might add, just for your benefit, that all of those women were the best, wonderful women, special women, ....but they wanted too much control over me. I never hit them, I never harmed them, I never yelled at them, .....but they just wanted to do things that I didn't want to do, and then didn't want to do things that I wanted to do. No possibility of compromise, just wasn't in the cards.

Baron Max

19. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

Subservient in what sense, and how subservient (as in, is someone being harmed mentally or physically?). Being harmed mentally, in a lighter sense, could simply be seen as compromise every now and then (doing things you would otherwise not enjoy).

Ultimately, this is all conjecture.
    I would like to see if this holds up in real psychology.
    Anybody want to take a look at this?

When did this become about me?

Your woes seem to deal with the fact that you never found the right person. A person who doesn't want to do what you want is someone who you aren't compatible with - and it does not warrant that men and women cannot be successfully be married for their whole lives.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Woes??

But fine, you're right ....I just couldn't find "the right woman". I take full responsibility for not getting married as I should have, like a good little boy of the society. I'm sorry, please forgive me.

Baron Max

21. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

I'm not saying you should have gotten married, but I truly think you were just unlucky.

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I would rather be dead than married.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then why does every married man I ever run into tell me how damned lucky I am to be single and not shackled to a damned nagging woman in marriage? I know of only a very select few men who are really and truly happily married. But the exact opposite is true of the women ...they feel lucky, and happy, to be married. Why is that?

By the way, I've known some really great, wonderful women in my life. But I really, seriously, have no regrets with how my life turned out. I'm happier and more content than any, ANY, of my married buddies.

Baron Max