Will Tattoos be Taboo?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Woody, May 1, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah i respect that you have different taste and all that, but i think maybe people who have mass amount of tattoosmight more fit the bill for you, but a women with a tiny tattoo the size of a dime i cant see how that affects anything when it comes to attractiveness,

we all have our own preferences though.

peace,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I agree, as I always say to each their own.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Although the question could then become how small is acceptable? Personally it's just still a turn off, I'm very blunt about that, I know it's there, I can see it, and I find it cheap and tacky. In a way smaller is worse because it's even more like saying "I want to fit in but I don't want to be obvious about it". I know not everyone fits this but if I know someone does I find it hard to respect someone who lacks their own individuality and conviction to be themselves, it must surely be worse if they don't even have the guts to fit in the way they want!

Nothing of value was ever found in a crowd - Voltaire

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

you are acting like i want to use it as a reference incase i forget the words.

at this time in my life that verse means quite a lot to me,like a little mantra that keeps me sane.i like the idea of having it as a part of me.

have you never found words that have exactly echoed your innermost thoughts better than you ever could?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Depends which way up you have it tattoed, and you didn't answer.

If it's for you, it should be tattoed so you can read it. It it's pretentious shite then you'd have it so others can read it.

Answer me this, please.

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i havent decided which way up yet.it wont be in english,so no one will be able to read it.i havent managed to find the verse in sanskrit yet.

9. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

"Daily life isn't a formal occasion" does that mean you must avoid formal occasions in order to "feel ok" about yourself?

So tell me now, would you wear blue jeans and a white t-shirt at a formal wedding ? I've been to a lot of formal weddings, but I've never seen a cloddish fellow in blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  10. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

quite obviously a wedding is an event,not part of daily life.

11. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

quite obviously. Life is an event for some people.

12. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

ok you win gift shop profundity boy

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Code:
    ,:,...                                                                     ,:s2hAA33Xi;          
            SHAABH@@@@M9&X;                                                           r#@@#Ah:    .:rB#;        
          A@2;.   ..i;sXG#@@Xr,                                                   :rA@@X,.  .   ,.    :s@r      
        .@M    ;.  ,      ,5S#@@X                     .;i2222s:,               ;@@@#2;  ,   r;  X.  i:  X@      
        &r ;. :@, 5S 2:   @X   ;M@@i              ;3@@@@@@@@@@@@@@;         ;2#@@;s  i  SB  ;@  @, 2.:@B.@;     
       2M  B# r@: @, @r  :M,  ,. :&@@3        .5@@@@@BG3XX339hG&B@@@@Mh2r:2@@#2.  X  @#  @@ .@@#@@@@i@#: H@     
       Ai   @H;@@@@BA@3 S@   .;     i@@@Br;X#@@@@B9222392222XXXX39GA#@@@@@@:  s.   ; 9@X:#@@@@@@@@@@@3.i,;@;    
      .H:i,.#@@@@@@@@@@@@@9,:@@    S@,r@@@@@@@M2222222&922222XXXXXXX33G@BHr   hB  .@sr@@@@@@@@@ArM@@@@@S  @9    
      i# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@S  .#@   @@BX2#AS2222222hX2XXXXXXXX2XXXXXAhA :   :#A#@@@@@@@@@h     @@@@@:  @2    
      H@#@@@@@@i  @@#@@@@@@@@@@G2@@   X@@&S##S522XXX25AA2XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXGAX@h  h@@@@@@##@@#;     ,@@#@@Ar.@.    
      BsH@##X;;. 2#   rXM@@@@@@@@@H  A@@M##@hSXXXXXX229h2XXXXXX3X33933G3&G@@@A@@@@####@@9        r@@##X; :@     
      AS#@##   ,:@        .A@@@@@@@@@@@###@#35X2X22222222XXXXX3X3999hhXhMXh@@@@@####@@M;         2@#@#G: 2@     
      2AM@#@#@A,,@           s@@@@@@@BM###@HS2X223hX2222XXXH9XXX93hhhh9XX25B@@####@@i            X@@@G;;:93;s,  
      ,@@@@@@@h: @@,           X@@@#HHM###@#52X229AX222XXX2XXXXX93hhhh933X5S3#@@#@H;            X@@i,.:i;,;9@@@;
      .@#9s, .   rAB#Ai         3@@#HM#####@GS2222222222XXX2XXXXX33399X33X25i5&h#h 5@@;       iAHr:  .i@M@@;:sXr
    .G#;.  ,r#MSH;  .2@@@.       @@########@#2529X3MG2222XXXXXXXXXX3333XXXX2SX9iArA@A@s    ;H@#r  ;@@B,  @      
    H@GB@@@HH@@@@@@@@@  H@S      .@@########@@XS23GBBX522XXXXXXXXXXXX222XXX225i&###i@#    #@2  X@@@@@A  #r      
    :  .@@@X;   :2@@@@.  s@:      i@@#######@@#X2529hAGX222222222222XhG&92XX225M#G5#@    #@:  i@@@@@s. #@       
         @@@3  ::  ,H@@G  #@       B@########@@@#BMB3hAX22X3G&A&AG3HMBG3XX2222G@SS@#    ;@i,3@@@@#@#  2@        
          A@@rr.    ,@@@SSi@2      ,@@G&######@@#AAHHBM2A@@##BBHHM@#h252223HXSHH2@#     @B   #@##@2 .#@         
           X@@@, ;   #@@5  @#       @@#23#######@@HA&HBH2925S&&B##G2SS555SA@2S#A@M      @#.2@@##@A  H@          
             @@@@;   B@@G, r@.      S@@#3A########MBHXSHHii2#@##hSsii2h&BhX#22hB@       M@@@@##M;  ##           
              @@@@#i:@@A;: ;@;      .@@@#########5i2hXS2@X259&Xisi2&M@@#MA3i2XX@2        @@@##@A:A@@            
               .G@@@@@@@G .@@        3@@##BAGhB@@BisS525S2BSiiiiX#@@@HXihGS525#@          @@@@@GX9,             
                  A@@@@@@A3r          @@##Xh#9s&@@#3252AGHH55XhB@@#X;,,sBBX92S@2           AHG.                 
                    .ihXh;            3@#@MB@#: r@@@##@@@@@@#X#@@@2,.;2AMX232X@:                                
                                       @@@MHB@@h;X@@@@@@@##@@##MHAB@#MGAMXS2B@A                                 
                                       S@@@#AB####M##M###AA#&HHHHM&@@#B359A@@5                                  
                                        H@#@@@MBM##M#MB#@M2i9##B&#BHB&AGH@@M                                    
                                            @@@MAA&M#M#AAGi2hh@MA932i9AHHH@                                     
                                            2@BBHBH####A3X2X9hHX299239AB@@;                                     
                                             @@B#@#M###@@@##H2hAi2@&#BX9@#                                      
                                             i@@@#####@HH@A2h#;:r,HM&39#@,                                      
                                               A@####H;.; ,..i  is#GS#@2                                        
                                                #@##@#;;,;.: .ii2hX2#@,                                         
                                                .@MX#@#M@BAH###MA#@@@:                                          
                                                 G@#@@@@#@@@@@#H#@@@3                                           
                                                  H@@@@@HM@@##@M@@@B                                            
                                                    s@@@@@#@GG@@@r                                              
                                                      s@@@@@A@@@r                                               
                                                        9M@@@H ,                                                
                                                          .2A.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Woody,
    So, what it really comes down to is...
    If you are not a conformist, corporate cog, then you are a loser - nothing else matters.
    That's what it sounds to me like you're saying.

15. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I don't feel that way.

I feel like if you want respect you need to give it. That doesn't mean you should be a conformist all the time.

I also feel like the majority of people with mega-tattoos are conforming to a poor public image. Hence they are treated with disrespect.

AS young people, they made a poor choice for themselves that they must live with for a lifetime. The rest is self-explanatory.

PS: I went to job interviews at an R&D lab and I didn't see a single tattoo, no not one. These people were professional. No body piercings either.

If you look like a street urchin, don't be surprised if you are treated the same.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  16. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

dammit.,done some research and oppenheimer mis-translated the verse.boooooooooooooooo

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Imagine if you found that out AFTER!

18. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

haha.,yeah.,
    but seriously,i thought that verse was one of the most beautiful things i'd ever heard.the actual translation is a lot more....goddy.

"If hundreds of thousands of suns rose up at once into the sky, they might resemble the effulgence of the Supreme Person in that universal form"

nothing about "i am become...."

:bawl:

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

MANY MANY things are mistranslated.
    Why not write your own?
    Then you know it is saying exactly what you want it to say and what could be more personal than that?

20. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

honestly,i would be very very uncomfortable having a tattoo in english which anyone could read.
    especially a tattoo of that nature.
    and my sanskrit isnt that great

21. BoSmoke Mr Ganja Lover Registered Senior Member

Tatoos giv you the bod you want. No reason to tell people they shudn't get them. Its simple I know but class isn't about your bodyart. Raven man's right on.
    Read this

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Dr's, lawyers, and in other high profile jobs you have to wear clothes that suit the job so they are mostly covered up anyway, i have 5 tattoos (all of which are my designs) and i work behind a bar and i have to cover mine up, and my piercings i ahve to either take them out of wear plasters over them.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

not nowdays, there are alot of gangs in london who are big drug dealer, gun dealers etc,

and what about the krays? and people like them in the underworld, there is also alot of mafia activity in london, and triad activity in chinatown. the difference is mafia and triads are alot more low-key, than your average street gang in america.

peace.