Will Palestine get the US kicked out of UNESCO?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Oct 30, 2011.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

take your hissy fit to another thread

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope, the topics in the post was in direct response to her posts about the art and the ports and that was in reponse to this absurd statement she made: we do our own thing quite well

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

you are an icorrigible liar, aint ya?
    your childish tit for tat games started 11-2-11, 3.21pm

you keep blathering, the digressions encompassing the olympics(!) until.....

that and the arts/ports stuff posted 3-11-11, 01:28 AM long after you started lashing out

sam's in the kitchen, you are in a fish market

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope, that would be you Gustav.

That post on the economy of Israel was again, on topic.

The posts about the Olympics might not be, but then you didn't mention them in your post, did you?

Arthur

8. Gustav Banned Banned

/snicker

stop being so dishonest
    you know very well that it is this....

.....that is being deemed irrelevant

you "tit" a youtube "innocent boy of kashmir killed by indian army" video for sam's "tat"

hahaha
    what are you?
    like twelve?

i caught you essentially lying about the temporal sequence of posts in this thread and now you're upset about it.
    very understandable, since you obviously don't like people looking behind the curtain and exposing you.
    If you are going to lie to make a point, you should get better at it

/cackle

9. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

And you think I care that you think it is irrelevant?

Are you serious?

Indeed though, the post you quoted was relevant as it was in direct response to the points SAM raised.

Nope, it's a valid question to SAM because I'm curious why she goes on and on about what's happening in Palestine when she lives in India and shit like that is happening there and their HDI is lower than the Palastine Territories. It's not that she can't complain about Israel, of course she can, but I'm curious why not a peep about what's happening in her own back yard? Aren't you?

BS. I haven't lied about anything, temporal or otherwise.

Arthur

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  10. Gustav Banned Banned

i demand mod intervention, arbitration and dispute resolution

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Richard Forer is my new BFF. If you want to contact him for a talk, let me know
    http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-...on-Perspective-Israel-Palestine/dp/0615404588

12. Gustav Banned Banned

aducette just pm'd me saying i am just upset that he spanked me in another thread. he goes on to accuse me of stalking him

he also asked me to lick him in the arse

13. Gustav Banned Banned

AHEM SAM!
    i demand a response!

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Door number 3

15. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Piss poor attempt at deflection.

I didn't say, nor imply that because India sucks it's ok for Israel to suck, just wondering why an Indian spends so much time posting about Israel and never once complains about the sucky things her own people and government do.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

awesome and right on the money
    debunking the zionistas!

17. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope, nothing in my posts implied that because India sucks it's ok for Israel to suck, just wondering why an Indian spends so much time posting about Israel and never once complains about the sucky things her own people and government do.

SAM tried to deflect it with her C&P, but the reality is she just avoided answering the question.

18. Gustav Banned Banned

its hopelessly off-topic, child
    why dont you start a thread bashing india?

yeah

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well it seems that even though the US government has lain down to commit harakiri in front of the IDF caterpillar, the US media is <amazingly> getting a vagina [not balls, because balls are vulnerable and sensitive and one good kick makes them useless while vaginas can bleed for 5 days and still keep on going]

Nuland getting taken apart by the media, daily press briefing Nov 2, 2011

video and transcript:
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2011/11/176589.htm

20. Gustav Banned Banned

this is the best..... the background....

The source of the predicament is a two-decade old provision in the U.S. Code (22 USC 287e as amended by PL 101-246) pertaining to “Membership of the Palestinian Liberation Organization in United Nations Agencies.” That legislation prohibits the State Department or U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) from funding “any specialized agency” of the United Nations “which accords the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) the same standing as member states.” Significantly, the legislation does not include any waiver permitting the president to bypass the law on national security grounds.

since state dept has no clout in congress......

QUESTION: Have you asked Israeli officials to call members of Congress to tell them that you think it would be a good idea to keep funding for the Palestinians going and you think it would be a good idea for them to pass – to take action so that you don’t – you aren’t required to cut funding from UN organizations?

MS. NULAND: Well, I’m not going to speak to our private diplomatic conversations with the Israelis. The Israelis know our view very well – that we are concerned about what could happen to the Palestinian people if U.S. funding is cut off. They’ll make their own decisions what to do there.

....we should to beg the israelis to petition congress for a waiver or repeal!
    haha, the knesset, the fourth branch of the us govt

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You'll find similar boycott efforts amongst labor unions, artists, etc. in a great many other countries as well. Doesn't seem to be much traction at larger levels, though.

I can agree with the larger argument that Israel can't tolerate prolonged international isolation. But that's a much bigger enchilada than the specific issue of exports to the USA and EU, with much more complex relations to the current diplomacy.

Don't bother, Foreign Policy already published an article listing all of such, along with the size of US contributions, meeting timelines, etc.

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

? Did I say or imply somewhere that the push for recognition of statehood at the UN was a bad idea?

Because I'm pretty sure I've been clearly in favor of Palestinians taking unilateral steps towards statehood for some time now. States are made of power - you don't get one by asking nicely for adversaries or superpowers to hand you one. You have to step up and take it.

I just don't think these fantasy scenarios about this stuff forcing the USA out of the UN or bringing about the downfall of Israel via concerted international sanctions campaigns are realistic in the least.

That said, there are some premises implicit in your question that bear examination: "what are the Palestinians to do?" By which you seem to mean, how are they to go about achieving their national goals? In the first place, it should be kept in mind that not all national goals end up getting achieved. Nations can and do fail, suffer and perish. It is not clear that Palestine is actually powerful and cohesive enough to prevail. Second of all, there's the implication that a program of positive action resulting in decisive resolution is required. This is a mistake. Most conflicts in human history never get resolved. They just sort of die down after a while, or maybe get subsumed into some other conflict. Or they just persist for many, many generations. We should keep these facts in mind when forming expectations. It may be that there isn't much of anything that Palestine can or should do, at the present or maybe ever. This may indeed suck, but the point would be that reality frequently sucks, and you don't get anywhere by refusing to aknowledge it. The world is a jungle, not some action movie where there's always a manageable path to victory for the good guys.

Peace between Egypt, Jordan and Israel is relevant. Absent that, you end up with a lot of wars that end up drawing a lot of attention from the US, EU, etc.

But once you have that basic framework in place where Israel isn't under real threat of invasion, then yeah, it doesn't matter so much if they make nice with Saudi Arabia, Syria or Lebanon.

Except there already was a war waged from those "borders" (they're actually armistice lines), and that is exactly how Israel ended up occupying the West Bank and Gaza and building all these settlements in the first place. It occured in 1967. That's why those lines are called the "(pre-)1967 borders." It was all occupied by Egypt and Jordan before that - who, oddly enough, didn't do much of anything to turn the areas into a viable state for Palestinians when they were in control, either.

But note that it isn't the threat of Palestinian invasion as such, but rather of other, powerful Arab states invading via Palestine. So as long as the peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan hold, this shouldn't be an issue, and the pretense you refer to doesn't really apply.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Gustav recommends skull-fucking newborn babies, eating your own shit, listening to Smashmouth, and pissant troll tactics like in the quoted post.