Wife divorcing ex-CEO: $43 million not enough

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Brian Foley, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The lovely couple (a woman and her lawyer that is..)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wonder why he dumped her?

Or a better question, if he was paying all that, why did she dump him?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. copernicus66 Banned Banned

The evil patriarch is at it again, sucking women dry.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

She's honest and probably has backups in case of just such an emergency.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

We already know how it will turn out. She'll get a lot more than $43 million.

8. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

While I've never dated anyone that loaded and never been married, I can tell you seeing someone who makes six figures plus is a pain in the ass if you're younger and prettier and he turns out to be an asshole. There's more to a relationship than money, so she's leaving, but after being married, she's used to a certain lifestyle. He has to accomodate that without a prenup. Not saying either are cool, fun people I want at my next dinner party, but I'm sure both are set for life.

9. draqon Banned Banned

why he dumped her is understandable, she is after his money period.

why she dumped him? couldnt wait till he will die.

oh...women these days...

10. John99 Banned Banned

you wouldnt marry a woman with 40-50 million? i would. she can send the proposal in the mail i wouldnt even have to know what she looks like.

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I don't see any problem with her stepping down to her former lifestyle. But the judges/courts sure don't see it that way. Marriage is a joke in situations like this (one spouse way more wealthy than the other initially).

12. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Why should she step down?

You marry someone and there's a promise to take care of them in the most obvious ways. It's the principle. She gave him part of her life. He, his. She has to split her assets as well.

13. draqon Banned Banned

Are you kidding me? No I would not. Love is essential for me. That is why I dont want a girlfriend, because I know American girls dont think about family or long term relationships...they just want to have fun, period.

14. draqon Banned Banned

lol what assets?

her boobies and ass?

cause she aint got a job...everything she has comes from his work, she aint done anything to begin with...

15. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

The promise should not extend beyond divorce, otherwise she can become a raving b*tch on day 1 and still be rich for life at his expense. (Or, in the opposite case, the husband can become a raving a-hole.) The law obviously disagrees. Really I can't figure out why people like this guy don't just use high-quality hookers. The odds of having a wife that cares about more than his money are nil.

16. draqon Banned Banned

but there are still odds that there will be the one, that cares. And that is why it is all worth it.

unfortunately for him, this was not the case.

17. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I'm American. I want a child and a partner to raise it with would be nice. I also want fun. I guess I'm just complex.

Really? Care to tell me her education level? Past jobs? Volunteer work? What kind of money SHE had?

I think Ed Hardy designed the whole, "Love is a Gamble" tattoo. Marriage brings responsibilites because people become dependant for certain things. Just because he's rich and older than her, she OBVIOUSLY couldn't have been in love with him, right? And she has to be an evil whore.

Would it kill you to think maybe people have noble intentions and sometimes things fall apart anyway?

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

takandjive on one hand i agree with you. As someone reliying on there partner for the majority of the household income so that i can study i can understand being dependent on someone and why it comes about (its not just about having children). That being said anyone who says 43 MILLION is not enough is just greedy, with 43 mill my partner could quit and we could both study for FUN and never HAVE to work again

19. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Or punishing. Isn't nice or fair or right, but I understand.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

takandjive what really irritates me is people who cheat and then file for devorse and because then get huge pay outs. My personal opinion is that if you cheat you should lose everything but your clothes. I dispise people who cheat (im not suggesting that this is or isnt the case here)

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

???then why bring it up? what really irritates me is when half wit morons post about stuff they know nothing about (im not suggesting that this is or isnt the case here)

She signed a pre-nup. The only way I can see her getting more money is if she produces a photo of him holding a gun to her head while she signed it.

22. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Being a shit doesn't mean you should be homeless, but I think emotional damage should be taken into account, yeah. If you come home to your man with a stripper riding reverse cowgirl and learn she's having his baby when you're infertile, I think your psychiatric care should come out of his half.

Precisely, which means she's just trying to humiliate him. Happens.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what's the humiliating part?