Why we see monsters in the mirror

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Magical Realist, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, you know why we see ghosts, and you've been stringing us along the whole time?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A reflection in a mirror is a ghost? Since when?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

When I was 7 or 8, I remember staring during the night at the door of my bedroom, in the dark, for several minutes. Suddenly it opened and I saw enter what seemed -- in the dim moonlight filtering through the window -- the blurry shape of an old woman who was carrying something dangling from her hand. She pinned whatever it was to a window curtain and then left, only to return again and again for many minutes with more items that she likewise fastened there and elsewhere. Needless to say, I was peering at this spectacle through gaps in the blanket I pulled over my head after merely the first trip she made.

The situation deviated from sleep paralysis in the sense that this transpired well before early morning, and I hadn't fallen asleep yet or been dreaming beforehand so as to half-waken to an hallucinatory state between the two. Nice to finally know that going "stare-crazy" really is a viable, commonplace achievement.