Why should I pay for YOUR sex change?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by paulisdead, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Woah, wait, what the fuck? "homosexual cosmetic surgery"? What the hell are you talking about, here? That's a bit like calling Native-American totem worship "Nigger religion" you've really sort of missed the mark here.

First off, there's a huge difference between homosexuals and transsexuals, one is not necessarily the other. Transsexuals are people who experience a deep feeling of gender dysphasia, feeling that they were born as the wrong gender and that to be comfortable with themselves they need to fix that problem. It's not a sexual fetish, it's a mental disorder and gender re-assignment surgery can be looked at as being a lot more than just cosmetic. It's not like a botox injection, it's not about vanity it's about sanity!

Also, don't imply that homosexuals want to be the other gender, this simply isn't true. I realize that the stereotypical homosexual male is a flamey lisping faggot who acts like a woman, but you've got to realize that that's more TV/Hollywood than anything else. Many homosexuals take great pride in their gender, some even to the point of being a bit sexist. Some of the most macho men out there are gay, trust me on that one. Some simply don't feel that normal gender roles and expectations of male thuggery don't necessarily need to apply to them being that everyone seems to expect that they should act like limp wristed flamers anyhow. It is simply not the case that all or most homosexuals want to be more like the opposite gender.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I know that as usual you've probably got your head so far up your ass that you're not even listening, but wasn't the suggestion that medical insurance companies cover sex-change operations? How did this issue turn into your insecurity about people wanting your money? Are you paying taxes to insurance companies now?

It's always gotta' be about you, doesn't it? You're nothin' but a damned bleeding heart, everything's such a God damned tragedy for you. It must be so hard having the whole world out to get ya.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That wasn't very nice to say, was it?

You really don't know?? I mean, really??

My dear Mystech, it's a simple matter of economics ...if insurance companies start having to pay for more and more such bullshit medical expenses, then the insurance premiums will go up. When insurance premiums go up, that means that MY insurance premiums go up, too. Now do you get it?

Or did you think that insurance companies pay medical bills for people from money they just have laying around?

That wasn't very nice to say, was it?

But in answer, yes, it's always, ultimately about the individual ....ALWAYS! And tho' you might not believe it, I'm an individual, so it ultimately IS about me and my money and my life.

I don't think the world is out to get me, never have. In fact, it seems to me that most of y'all here DO feel that way ....while I seem to just go with the flow. Like, if the USA wants to pass the Patriot Act, I just shrug and go on about my business because I know it won't affect me one little bit. Whereas y'all just get all upset and nervous and hypertense and yell and bitch and moan and scream and ....all that stuff that means very little to anyone except you.

BUT ....when y'all suggest something that takes MY money, then its about me and I usually respond.

Have a nice day.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

How did you reach the conclusion that this is a physical disability rather than a mental one?

Would you consider anorexia (not the weight loss itself, but the distorted self-image that drives anorexics to keep losing weight) to be a phyisical or mental disorder?

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

If transgenderism is a mental disorder, shouldn't the treatment be some sort of counseling rather than surgery?

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

It is, heavily over the course of years and years. It's not like someone just wakes up one day and figures "Hey time to change my gender, that'd be really cool". Neither will most doctors simply say "Hey, so long as you're payin' for it I'll give you whatever you want!" they've got that nasty Hippocratic oath. If you ain't got a Diagnosis from a psychiatrist saying that this is probably the best step for your mental health at the very least it ain't happenin'.

Seriously, the ignorance that I find regarding this topic is sometimes shocking. There's a wealth of information on gender dysphoria and transgender disorder and all that on the internet, I suggest doing a little research sometime.

10. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

The rest of the world can burn! I want my comphy slippers! haha.

The extremely low number of these procedures that are preformed would be very unlikely to effect your premiums. If you're worried about insurance rates, then you'd do better to start an anti-drunk-driving campaign than to get all uppity and curse those evil evil bastards who are trying to cheat you out of your money by having problems of their own that they also happen to be paying insurance for!

Max, you're not doing much to help change my mind that you've got a fixation on the idea that everyone is out to screw you and so you've gotta' make sure you screw 'em first.