Why Men Stop Having Sex

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by dixonmassey, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

In what context? With sex? Isn't that a natural way of doing it? :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Dear me. How about we try to keep this thread on topic?

Orleander, the devil is in the details, but really, such details may be best kept to one's self and not revealed to a forum full of strangers who can only go by what you say with your words.

Now, about this thread in general.

As interesting as Orl's sex life really is, that is not the subject of this thread. Nor is Baron's sex life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You're right Bells. DixonMassey posted about sex stared wives and I went from there about my husband knee surgery and lack of sex. But I did give TMI. My bad

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Don't worry she likes to stir things up then act all innocent.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Very true.... I would also like to get that visual out of my head.
    I think we could all write a detailed book on her sex life by now. :bugeye:

As for the topic I think many ppl are just getting stressed out of their minds with the economy and worrying about losing houses, jobs....etc.
    I don't know that sex is the most important thing on their minds these days. There are probably going to be a lot more depressed people running around
    taking anti depressants because we know how the Health care system loves to write out prescriptions. Everytime I watch TV there are a half dozen medications
    advertised for God knows what. When they start listing the side effects it almost sounds like a SNL skit.....blindness, dizziness, stroke, bleeding from the A$$hole (LOL)
    With so many ppl on drugs these days that also affects ppls sex lives I think, since most diminish sex drives.

As for being bored with their partners.........I wouldn't call it boredom but the whole spontaneous running around like sex starved teenagers does diminish when you are with
    someone for many years. When you settle down have kids, a house a job there is endless work to do.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

True Shorty. But no one put a gun up to anyone's head and forced them to have children, get married, being ass-busy all the time.
    I'm scared to death of getting married, and having children because I know once she starts losing interest in/being too busy for having sex as much as I do, I'm going to become more and more cranky and irritable with her.
    People who VOLUNTARILY have children/marriage and a purposefully extremely busy life, kinda loses their right to complain about anything having to do with being busy.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah well my priorities changed from being a single and childless. Yes I wanted kids and I wouldn't change them for anything. My kids are pretty good overall compared to other kids and they keep me on my toes and drive me up the wall sometimes. I can't imagine parents with really trying kids, or handicapped kids.
    I am going to be 40 this yr and my TOP priority is NOT SEX anymore.
    Well if you ever have kids I hope you do your fair share then, because more often then other the woman ends up doing more work. A lot of women work full time, then have another full time at home. You have no right to get cranky and irritable if you leave most of the workload on her and she is just too tired sometimes.

You sound like you are gung ho and there must be sex all/most of the time or you are going to get pissed off.

Can I ask what your longest relationship was? and if you lived together at the time?

I am asking this because usually if you have been living with someone for MANY yrs, sex is not as frequent as when you are dating.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Don't worry I really don't think Mike is that type. He has strong feelings that 'what is good for the goose is good for the gander'. I am with him too.

@Orly: I know it's unreasonable but the phrase on your knees carries ideological connotations of subjugation, whereas 'in a kneeling position' is purely literal.

Don't ask me why.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I would never put all the workload on the woman's shoulders. Just because I have a very high libido (even for a guy), doesn't mean I'm goign to make her do all the work.
    But let me tell you this, if you as a couple don't find time to get busy every now and then, the relationship is going to fall apart.
    Believe me, if I'm getting sex on a regular basis out of a relationship, I'm usually full of energy all the time, and would be able to help around the house with anything. But let her start getting tired and not wanting to anymore (even though like I said, you have to MAKE time), then my motivation is going to drop and so will my desire to help around the house.

That's the way I am Shorty. I've mentioned SEVERAL times in the past that I'll need a woman with a high libido.
    Plus, like I've always mentioned, if I'm not going to be able to get sex whenever and however often I want it, I'd rather just not be able to get sex on my own terms (i.e. by myself).

Just under two years. I wound up breaking up with her several months after finding out she messed around with one of my friends*( before we became exclusive. I tried to forgive her for it and give it a second chance, but I just couldn't get over that and sent her on her way.
    *friends are off-limits regardless of the situation (exclusive or not)

I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

You are correct.
    You can check this out by Googling personality traits of a Capricorn. Here are a few that I found that are me to a tee.
    -holds himself to high standards and expects others around him to adhere to those standards
    -Capricorns often dislike members of the opposite sex and tend to tread very lightly in choosing a mate, as they are often wary and distrustful of strangers until they get to know them. However, once together, Capricorns make very loyal friends or partners, but on the flipside Capricorns can become formidable, bitter enemies. Capricorns usually mate for life.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Since you keep saying you have a high libido, how many times a week is regular?

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

At least once a day.
    The girl that I dated for almost two years, when she was down here (she went up to Ohio one summer to spend with her dad), we did it at least once a day.
    Same for another girl that I dated for about a year. Except for when I went to boot camp, we did it every day.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep, that's a high libido all right.
    That many times a week would make it boring for me. I can't imagine what you have to do to keep it fresh and interesting.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Most of the time I try to make it just as good for her as me. Seeing them enjoy it makes it more enjoyable for me. The more enjoyable it is for the woman, the more she'll want to do it.
    Now, the other times when it would just be for me, I can get it over pretty quickly if need be.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

mikenostic, thats not possable.

The body produces 1million sperm per day, an ejaculation requires 2 million sperm. There for it follows that the body can only sustain a ratio of once ever 2 days

17. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

You don't need sperm to orgasm. It's not a requirement, that's an average. Men with very low sperm can still orgasm, men who have no balls at all can still orgasm. Ejaculation is actually made up of several different componants, and none of them are needed specifically to produce an orgasm.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, how sad is it that you think sex every day isn't possible.
    :roflmao:

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Reserves?

20. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Why Men Stop Having Sex ?

Wedding cake

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

asguard isn't married though

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Damn I need someone my age who's like Mikenostic! Several times a day would be just right for me.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and when a relationship is new, it usually is every day. I've done a stretch like that. I think most couples have (except Asguard the sperm hoarder) until the newness wears off.

and really?! You can't find a guy your age who wants sex every day?! You need to move to America. That would get taken care of right quick.