Why is Mary not the Mother Superior of the Church?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by one_raven, May 15, 2004.

1. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I never said God could not do something.

Matthew 1:20
    But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was of the Holy Spirit formed by Mary's flesh and blood.

No, but Adam was formed of the dirt, and the dirt has since been corrupted and defiled by blood shed of Abel. Furthermore, Genesis says to Eve that one of her seed would give the Serpent a mortal blow.

The Holy Spirit does not have flesh.

As mentioned before, God does not need anything.

Paul says that Jesus was born of a women.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Yo,

Quote Adstar:
    "Mary was not born free of original sin. She was a normal woman. Do not confuse catholic dogma with Christian Doctrines."

Do you dudes pray to the same god? Ask him for direction on the issue. Or does he divide and conquer?

Allcare.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Praying to the same God means nothing.
    Being in agreement with the Will of God means everything.

The Messiah will seperate the goats from the sheep.
    Those who mix lies in with truth will gain eternal punishment.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Yo Adstar,

Between yourself and Okinrus, who has the truth? Which of your two gods is the true Christian god? And how do you know the difference?

Allcare.

8. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Stretched, neither of us has the truth since only God has and is the truth, and this truth is contained within the Church. As for whether we're both being truthful, I believe Jesus' flesh was formed with Mary's flesh in a miracle so that Jesus has both human and divine nature. But this is a mystery and a complete description of every mystery is not needed to worship God.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

stretched the life of Messiah Jesus is recorded in 5 books of the Bible starting with MATTHEW and ending in ACTS you can read them yourself and decide

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The fact is both of us could be wrong. i will never place my eternal salvation into the hands of another man. i will not follow blindly any pope, priest, reverend or sage. The Word Of God is there for all to read.

Philippians 2:12
    Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

10. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Yo Dudes,

Thanks for your response. I will ponder over your replies.

Allcare.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

12. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

MW, I see nothing there that supports your assertion. I searched the web too and found that mary means "bitterness".

13. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Your making up stuff based upon the Talmud which says Mary was a whore or perhaps your getting this from Mary Magdalene.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464a.htm "this word actually occurs in II Esd., ix, 17, meaning "their rebellion". But such an expression is not a suitable name for a young girl. "

14. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

if you ask a catholic, she didn't die. her body was assumed whole into heaven. catholics celebrate the feast of the assumption, not to be confused with the may crowning (the coronation of mary in heaven), although it sometimes corresponds to the corporeal assumption.

15. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

stepping away from catholic theology....

the translation of the word used for mary is commonly 'virgin' although it also means maiden, young girl, unmarried woman, etc. the virgin debate is as old as the middle ages. i think it's pretty much understood that it was a perfectly normal birth by a betrothed mother. after jesus became more famous than elvis, mystery surrounding his birth became "proof" of godliness.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: okinrus, I'm not "making up" anything. I cited my references. There are quite a few publications airing the truth about "Mary." Because Christians don't want to read about it or believe it doesn't make it untrue. It may be "untrue" to those of you who continue to believe the lies, but that's because you are afraid to seek the truth. Lies don't make you free. The truth makes you free. Unless you have read the texts refuting your religion, you are in no position to comment.

17. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Considering His "status", let's 'never say never'

After all, angels aren't born of angels...

Lol, I guess Ad Star finished for me.... aah, tis good to have a name sake..

18. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I think he was being sarcastic.. sheesh

And what do you mean the "dirt has since been defiled" by Abel? The dirt was "defiled" before Abel's time...

19. okinrus Registered Senior Member

The blood of Abel defiled the earth. I suppose you could argue that because of Adam's sin the earth was cursed, but I don't think it matters to much because my point was that sin had defiled the earth.

20. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Hello all

Matthew 1
    23"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."
    24Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.

Anyone who knows bible talk knows the expression "to know someone" means to have sexual intercorse. Matthew clearly states that Joseph did not Know Mary till after she had Jesus. So the dogma of mary the ever virgin is a lie.

Jesus had brothers:

Matthew 12
    46 While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. 47Then one said to Him, "Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You."
    48But He answered and said to the one who told Him, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" 49And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers! 50For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother."

Here Jesus made a distinction between His mother and brothers in flesh and His mothers and brothers and sisters in Spirit.

Acts 1
    12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey. 13And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James. 14These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

Once again the brothers of Jesus are mentioned. note how they are mentioned separately from the disciples.

John 2:12
    After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.

See a clear separation between the disciples and His brothers.

Jesus had sisters too

Matthew 13
    53 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed from there. 54When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, "Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? 56And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" 57So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house."

If you believe that mary was an ever virgin you are believing in a lie and no truth comes from a lie.

21. okinrus Registered Senior Member

The Greek word used only implies that Mary did not have sex before giving birth to Jesus, but there's no definite meaning implying Mary had sex after Jesus was born.

The eastern Church maintains that Jesus had half brothers from Joseph's other marriage, and the Roman Church, through St. Jerome's interpretation, maintains that the ancient Aramaic word for brother can also mean cousin.

22. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Hi Adstar, I was under the impression that you were a devout Christian, yet you understand the truth about Mary and Jesus' natural brothers and sisters. I posted a lengthy article about this topic on another forum today. It explains what the meanings of the word "Mary," "virgin," "almah," "bethulah," and "parthenos" mean in relation to Mary's perpetual virginity. Why do people in this day and time still refuse to learn the truth?

23. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Hi Medicine woman

Yes and true Christians know that Mary and Joseph had other children.

Medicine woman the ever virgin dogma is a catholic invention not a Christian doctrine. The catholic religion is just another man made religion based on the thinking and traditions of men. The catholic religion is not the Christian faith do not get the two mixed up.

God has His bride.

Constantine made his harlot.

All praise They Ancient Of Days