Why is it selfish to not want children?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

The "undesirable" part is subjective. I, myself wouldn't consider a person who lost a leg in a car accident undesirable or unfit, as long as they have someone to help them when the chores, to drive them around, etc.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

BTW I don't think that it's selfish not to have children. I think it's just plain stupid.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The definition changes from person to person.. I would rather pursue Gene Therapy than Eugenics.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mike47 Banned Banned

Are you thinking like the pope who asks people NOT to use birth control while he has no wife, no girl friend and no children ? . Who feeds and looks after the children...the parents or the pope who keeps giving the same shameful advice..?!!!.

8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I am not thinking like the pope at all.

What I think is that people like VI, who are obviously smart and educated people, are more capable of educating children than the average, and therefore they should have children.

But as you know, the higher than average intelligence people have basically given up on earth by now. They're all deciding that they won't have any children, and they are leaving the earth to be dominated by a large crowd of easily manipulated, stupid, uneducated ignorants, whose parents don't even stop for a second to consider how they're going to raise they're children, they're too busy copulating like animals, getting drunk, and collecting welfare benefits.

9. mike47 Banned Banned

I know many kids with poor parents who became very successful in their careers .Some of them became doctors, teachers, dentists....etc.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Varda VI is a teenager. I have yet to meet too many teenagers who thought that they wanted children, there is a good chance she will change her mind. But as far as smart educated people not opting for children there are reasons for this. Sometimes smart educated children are so busy pursuing education and career that they miss the chance to have children. Sometimes smart and educated people find that though they be smart and educated they wouldn't make good parents. Or sometimes it boils down to not liking the idea of parenthood. There are many reasons why smart educated people would opt not to have children.

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

Because there are many idiots in th world who dont know what a hernia is.

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, anecdotes can't offer grounds for facts.

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

That's right. Humans are just so self-defeating that success is being bred out of the species.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

What can they offer grounds for than? Do you know? Is it perhaps some kind of feeling that keeps this place alive even?

Seriously: Look at Lucy proclaiming her wisedom about all before her, as if nothing else mattered. She's smart and strong but what else is it about her that everyone else likes?>

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Listen to the egotistical sadist here.

As if you have any grounds to suggest what's right in this thread Varda you know better

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I'm going to ignore your posts for now, okay?

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well perhaps. I think its mostly this idea bred by feminism that women shouldn't place importance on motherhood. It created a hierarchal ladder where education and career come first, then financial independence and then motherhood but by the time women complete all this they place themselves at risk of having difficulties conceiving which is why fertility clinics are so in demand at the moment.

Women need to make time to be mothers.

18. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

We've talked about this before, you know where I stand.

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Actually most teenage girls I know say they do want children.

That's me.

Someone who reacts to a child saying they're upset with intense revulsion should not be having children of her own.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

What a dumbwad! You're going to ignore my posts........ That's probably a good idea.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I didn't know anyone in high school who said they wanted children. Most didn't think about it, some thought 'one day'. You don't know whether you would be a good parent or not at the moment since you are still learning how to be an adult. Its only an adult who can look at their adult life and assess something like that whether they are alone or in a marriage.

22. mike47 Banned Banned

How do they do that when university takes years and to be financially sound takes years too ?.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

When I was your age, I didn't want to have children either. Then one day I had an epiphany.