"Why is Humanity Screwed Up?"

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Xenu, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Yes good, it's how most people (if not everyone) think, but most like to deny it.

father?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xenu,

We give our lives superficial and meaningless meanings.

For example, someone might think that the meaning of life (his or her objective in life) is to win money (which is the meaning most common in our capitalist-materialist society). But too many people want the same and only a few can have it. This is the origin of al kinds of conflicts in our society.

Our mistake is that we exalt temporary things and diminish eternal things. Our society is rooted in the belief that we should all compete to have more and more money, and people think that money brings happiness - but it doesn't.

That's the key. What we want is happiness, not money. Our problem is that we saw a false happiness in a piece of paper and we transferred this happiness to the paper, so that now we have something material to worship. What we want is happiness, not money. But our society works that way. That's why we are so screwed up - because we forgot that small things bring true happiness.

Look for children, for example. See how they are happy. WHy are they happy? Because they are always satisfied with simple and everlasting things.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

my biggest wish is to be enternal and forever young. I have written "akShayaH" under my name, haven't I?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You would eventually get REALLY bored... believe me...
    Things change because boredom is created by repetition...

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

things will not repeat if i'll do smth about it. being an enternal, imortal and forever young being tht ould be quite easy.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You would eventually get REALLY bored... believe me...
    Things change because boredom is created by repetition...

Then why bother living at all. To you it's all very boring... it's all repetitive. Rational people would love to live forever. They don't find life repetitive and boring. One could live for as long as our Earth will sustain and would still reach out to the stars to find another Earth like planet in which to keep on living.

That must be the difference between atheists and theists. Theists are bored with life and yearn for the day to die so that they may be forever in their heavenly bliss.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

(Q),

Accept... you have limitations...
    After so many years of life you have nothing different to do...
    With 18 years old, I'm already looking for flying and parachuting because in the ground I'm already bored. I've already done a wide variety of things on the ground...

Besides that, the Christians I know enjoy life...

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

to die would be the greatest adventure

but not for a long time

12. Zarkov Banned Banned

13. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

I agree that selfishness plays a huge role in the continuing unhappiness of people. Selfishness, and the achievement of insubstantial goals (like status) distract people from the importance of human relationships in every part of the world.

Even though they're basically limited to Western culture, I think there were some pretty good insights here:

sciforums.com/t10489/s/thread.html

14. Skull Registered Senior Member

GREED...