Why is God the Creator?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PsychoticEpisode, Nov 13, 2008.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Why didn't the creator God build the universe to last? Are you really creating something when it is destined to fall apart? Did God build an ordered universe and then install an entropy device.....why would He do this? If you want to give God credit for something then give Him credit for creating entropy. Ordered state to chaos to becoming inert.... how is this creating? It sounds more like demolition.

Why God would create a universe with all its trappings just to tear it down is bordering on the strange. Why people think that is called creating is beyond me. It's just another reason to think God never created the universe. The universe was already here

Is someone going to tell me that the reason for the crumbling state of the universe is because man committed a sin against God?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swarm Registered Senior Member

What atheism?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why is it always whenever something isn't quite right with the world, the contrived explanation never has anything to do with god, even though god created everything, is all powerful and all knowing?

And although theists constantly express their displeasure with anyone who might think they know what god's thinking, they themselves constantly offer their own interpretations about what god's thinking.

Now, it appears, the world is a 'badly tuned radio.' What next? :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I have not been contacted by your god. You can't even prove you have. You have no business making such absurd claims about others.

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

may your hamster live long

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

your amnesia then?

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Q

you didn't see the reference to god there?
    because atheists require a fertile imagination to extrapolate to issues of god's nature, they assume everyone else does and that all views are essentially equal

I wasn't referencing the living entity actually

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

because we left that one in favour of one that grants temporary boons
    it doesn't fall apart
    it is cyclical
    if we were only observing the move from autumn to winter we might call it entropy
    of course after winter comes spring, though ...

desire is where its at - everything follows from that

12. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

The universe returns to nothingness with only God hanging around?

That means God could have created the universe a very long time ago, billions if not trillions of years ago. Of course God doesn't fall apart and reassemble Himself, or does He?

Cyclical I can live with, a God lonely for company might have a hard time with it though.

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

If nothing existed except a god & the god made something, it had to have made it out of itself. If it made something in order to have company, it divided itself into split personalities. No wonder people are crazy.

14. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I could never figure out why God is not considered something. I've said it before, not even God can make something from nothing. He had to use Himself as raw material but then that would mean God is made of parts of the universe, or vice versa.

15. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

16. swarm Registered Senior Member

I have several times mentioned I'm not per se an atheist any more than I am an a-unicornist or an a-tooth fairyist.

I don't have to be an atheist to know what you have offered is pure dung.

17. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

god is a completion, he is the reason to all knowledge.
    its more of a state of mind, of bliss to fulfill one's harmony ground

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

yup
    just let those positive affirmations of god's non-existence keep on rollin and keep the faith brutha

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

not nothingness
    base elements

god exists separate from his contingent potencies, if that is what you are alluding to

then there is a whole other aspect of god's contingent potencies, namely those that don't manifest in cycles ....

20. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

LG could use an assistant like you.

God is a completion of what? Something had to start for God to be a completion, what was it?

God is the reason to all knowledge, that's great! I think you mean if I have some knowledge then God is the reason I know. I have it on pretty good terms that shit smells so I shall now call on God....."God, if you don't mind taking it from here?"

A state of mind to fulfill one's harmony ground? Not sure what you're saying there but a day doesn't go by when I think of God as a state of mind.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Here's something you might feel more comfortable in discrediting

22. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

then your lost. and know it and dont care.

23. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

This is primarily true in the monotheisms - which some Hinduists, for example, with all their gods and goddesses can actually also be. Pagans have often blamed God for things.

And I personally consider God at the root of many problems. IOW God has made mistakes.