Why is being nude so "wrong"?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Thoreau, Oct 11, 2007.

1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Who knows? Do you know for sure if he did or didn't? Are you inside the doctors head?

Who can answer that for sure, other then the doctor?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering how far the notion is extended; for example, does it extend to little girls? Older women? Naked men? Would you consider a naked man as sexual?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm asking for your perceptions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

He means you are saying you have no problem with your kids and nudity. But now you are saying that contact while nude would be unappropriate. So are you saying that "LOOKING" at eachother is OK but touching would maybe to something else ?

This should have had a poll :bugeye:

8. Kadark Banned Banned

The safest approach is, make sure that the company you reveal your nakedness to is fine with it. While you may consider your nudeness to be in terms of comfort or normality, others may take it as a sexual connotation.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That's a fine approach.

10. John99 Banned Banned

No. I have been naked in front of hundreds of men, showering at a job i had a long time ago, did not have much of a choice in the matter. But i know some men would.

I am sure that depends on the individual.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

:bugeye:

12. John99 Banned Banned

ha ha ha. We were ALL tough guys

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

nah, but it happens all the time, you didn't know that?

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so you didn't have homosexual thoughts anymore than 2 naked siblings would. Some might, but to assume its a given, just doesn't make sense.

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

It's not a given, but there is the possibility right? And letting teenagers of the opposite sex run around naked freely together, I think raises the possibility.

K let me ask you this then. If nudity has nothing to do with anything sexual, then why do young boys who find a playboy magazine their dad or friends dad have so interesting? and keep going back to it? So if they see their MOM or older sister walking around that way, they will just look away think nothing of it? You don't think any of their hormones "may" kick in for a bit?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did you drop the soap?

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Well, anything's a possibility. I think it's more possible that my son would become a minister than commit incest. But possible. Its also possible Buffalo Roam got a woodie every time he took a shower in the military.

Its also possible that every father who gives his child a bath is a pedophile with incestuous thoughts.
    And I never said nudity had nothing to do with sex. I'm saying being naked doesn't always have to do with sex. I limit the amount of nudity my husband sees from me. If he saw me naked every damn day, I think he wouldn't get too excited with seeing me naked. But we weren't raised together. My kids were and its a boring non-issue to them.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't think I've ever heard a guy talk about his own sister that way, whatever his thoughts and whatever traditions their family had regarding nudity. You seem to assume your own upbringing was "normal" in a good sense. Are you sure ?

My own family was pragmatically modest around the house. I have since spent time with families who were less modest, and families who were more. Less modest seems to work better, if it's in line with a tradition and part of a structure. Fewer fetishes, fewer mental problems in general, seem to result.

There are memoirs around from men raised in various ways, and that issue comes up - there is definitely a "family reflex" that alters or changes the response depending on childhood familiarity. It's not that they don't notice - we are all sexual beings all the time - but that the reaction is different. Boys raised in communes even - where the naked girls are not even sisters - tend to be drawn to other girls in fantasy and desire as they hit puberty. Not that incest doesn't happen, just that family nudity is not an important instigator - nor is family modesty much of a protection.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think that is a very significant factor in sexual attraction. Being raised together can have a dampening effect even if you're not related.

19. Kadark Banned Banned

Too late. A lot of the things you learned in school were discovered by Indian Muslims.

Last time I checked, there were people living in the streets of your nation as well.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Wow, you guys are totally weird.:bugeye:

21. John99 Banned Banned

Men and women are very different creatures, you are looking at things from a female perspective. I have four brother and no sister so this was never an issue and if my friends came over you can be sure they would have been looking to stop by all the time...er, if i had naked sister running around, over cartain age of course but i wouldnt want my sister running around naked thats for sure.

No, i did not- NOT ONCE. But that soes not mean some didn't, the chances are less likely then if it was men and women together and obviously from what happens in the world some people cannot control their desires, this is true no matter where you are from.

I dont know about a lot of things but maybe a few things, and the homeless in U.S are mostly mentally ill or addicted. You cannot force people into shelters.

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Back at you SAM!:bugeye:

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I can see that. But it may not become a boring non-issue anymore when your daughter is lets say 15 instead of 9. Do you think it will still be totally ok with you if your daughter is walking around the house naked when she has breasts, and looks more like a woman? Do you think your husband would feel comfortable with that, her walking around your son and himself like that?