Why/How do people develop allergies?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by PsychoTropicPuppy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

2010 seems to be an unlucky year for me. Really. I somehow started to sneeze regularly for I don't know what. My mum says that it's probably an allergy. I was never ever allergic to anything, so why should I become allergic now? But is it really a coincidence that whenever I start to sneeze is when I go outdoor, pet a cat,etc. ? No, I haven't seen the doc yet, and I don't plan on doing so for quite a while, it's just sneezing after all..I can live with that, but really what if it gets worse, i.e. an unstoppable process, and I become really allergic to my pets, and the nature I admire so much?! Now that would really be a downfall.
    But really, that isn't the point in question, more like WHY/HOW would anyone who wasn't allergic to anything previously DEVELOP an allergy in the first place? What could be the causes? Maybe someone could explain it to me, or if you feel like sharing your own experiences with allergies, then feel free to do so. Hey, I know..this is probably one of the rather dumber questions on this forum..but yeah.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to enlighten me about this subject.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Anyone can get them at anytime of their life.The process is initiated by a harmless foreign object coming in contact with the body and the immune system mistaking this substance as a danger to the well-being of the body, then you have a reaction which can be very bad or like you just a sneeze.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I know that much. I guess I worded my question wrongly.. More like, why does the immune system suddenly think of something as a threat when before that it was just perfectly fine with it?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They haven't found out that I know of yet. Like something short circuts and it can't tell good from bad, like when you get to drunk!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's been suggested that this is yet another instance of our caveman's body not being suited for modern life, because our civilization has evolved much faster than our biology.

In the pre-modern era, the environment was chock full of pathogens. Every baby was attacked by a zillion really nasty bacteria, viruses and other creepy things from the moment he was born. His immune system was put to work immediately. It could only develop antibodies for the worst things it encountered.

Nowadays the environment is much less hostile, particularly in the cities. On top of that, we vaccinate kids against everything from dreaded smallpox and poliomyelitis to plain old survivable measles and influenza. And on top of that, some people actually don't allow people to touch their babies.

Their immune systems don't have anything against which to calibrate themselves, so they go haywire. When some unusual bit of organic matter shows up in the blood, the immune system starts screaming, "Omigod, I've never seen this before, it must be trying to kill us!" That's basically what an allergy is. As to why it only kicks in later in life, it's probably because life has gotten so clean that our immune systems are bored and will attack anything unusual.

It's gotten to the point that immune systems, for lack of anything else to do, start attacking the body's own tissues. That's how lupus and fibromyalgia work.

Have you ever stopped to marvel at the concept of people being allergic to wheat? Where the hell did that come from? How long do you suppose a person who couldn't eat bread would have survived in the Middle Ages, about four days?

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Are you guys sure? I thought allergies existed for like all of time :X

10. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Yes, people do suggest that, but it’s conjecture. The rise in allergy rates in the developed world is still mostly a mystery. There is a lot of paradoxical and contradictory evidence.

No. Our immune systems develop antibodies to all the pathogens we encounter.

“Plain old” measles and influenza? There’s nothing “plain” about either of those infections. Whilst their lethality has lessened considerably due to modern medicine, measles and influenza can both cause serious complications in children who are not vaccinated against them.

Well, no, not really. That’s not a very good explanation of allergies.

Here is what the experts say:

11. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

Allergy is mainly caused by poor diet.

If you want to cure your allergies for good, all you have to do is change your diet.

I've had bad allergies since I was a kid. But now I don't have allergies anymore and I also don't get sick anymore. Allergies are simply a sign that your body is being burdened with more pressing issues, such as malnutrition and toxicity, and doesn't have available resources to deal with anything that might cause an allergic reaction. In a state of bad health, the body also has a tendency to overreact to these allergens. So you're probably thinking that you're in a state of good health, right? Wrong. And here's why- the experts don't know what good health is, so how would you? The experts don't understand the connections between the crap we eat and how our bodies uses those chemical concoctions we shove down there. Remember, you are what you eat. Our bodies are only meant to eat certain foods, and only certain chemicals. Your body doesn't know what to do with the rest of that junk. Unfortunately, "that junk" is what makes up most of modern day diets. You must learn what the junk is so you can avoid it.

So here's what you need to be healthy, and be free of allergies for life:

1)Stop eating processed dead foods. Shop at Wholefoods or some other health food store. Throw away your microwave. Forget about the nutritional chart on the backs of food items. Read only the ingredients. Avoid all chemicals that don't belong in your body, such as MSG, dyes, and most any chemical-sounding ingredient- especially MSG(MSG has many names so watch out). Keep fluoride away from your body, including your toothpaste.
    2)Eat only organic fruits and vegetables. Vegetables should be raw or fermented when possible. Avoid nightshades such as tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, and peppers. Fruits and vegetables should be a big part of your diet obviously.
    3)Find a good local farm to buy your meat from. If you're a vegetarian, stop being one. All meat should come from organic, grass-fed sources, and should be eaten as raw as possible and cooked at low heat to preserve nutrients and such. Animals should eat only food that is part of their natural diet. Eat pastured eggs- raw or cooked at low heat. Don't be afraid to eat the fat too- it's good for you.
    3)Avoid most oils. Especially do not cook with most oils because many oils quickly become unhealthy. I only cook with organic cold-pressed coconut oil. Make coconut oil a part of your life- it's very healthy. It can also withstand being cooked at higher temperatures.
    4)Sprout or soak all nuts, seeds, legumes, and grains- and they should be raw and organic. Eat sprouted whole wheat bread. Stay away from all soy products- it's not healthy, it's bad for you.
    5)Drink ONLY grass-fed, organic RAW milk. Use ONLY raw grass-fed butter from your farm source.
    6)Get any metal removed from your mouth as soon as possible. Avoid vaccines and any other drug for that matter, unless it's an emergency.
    7)Drink more water. Do not drink chemically enhanced water.
    8)Don't eat fish because it can't be trusted. It's full of heavy metals.
    9)Use all-natural, organic cleaning and hygiene products. The aluminum in deodorant is bad. The fluoride in toothpaste is bad(ask your dentist about DenClude instead).
    10)Take these supplements:
    -probiotic
    -vitamin C
    -vitamin D
    -calcium/magnesium
    -cod liver oil
    -alpha lipoic acid
    -multivitamin
    All supplements should be from a high-quality source, such as: http://www.drrons.com/

Finally, ignore what you hear about keeping healthy from mainstream sources- They are usually wrong. That includes conventional doctors, and their pharmaceutical masters.

Buy these books: Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon and Traditional Foods Are Your Best Medicine, by Ronald Schmid

Go to this website, it's a great place to start: http://www.westonaprice.org/home-mainmenu-1.html

Cut your emotional attachment to food. Think of every single bit of food that goes into your mouth as medicine for your body. Nourish every single cell of your body as if they are living beings(which they are). Your healthier, allergy-free life awaits.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  12. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Wow, breathtaking post. But I don't think that I could eat raw, or almost raw meat O_O
    I actually already started to look into buying more organic products, especially when it comes to fruits, and vegetables. And I was never a fish eater anyway, so yay. I'll check out the rest. Thanks for answering, guys!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Evidence please.

14. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

Evidence being the state of health in America and other "developed" countries, and the dramatic change in the state of my health due to adopting my new diet.

I may have exaggerated when I said not to trust all mainstream health authorities, but for the most part it holds true.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then you have little understanding of the meaning of the word "evidence". Or how evidence is obtained and validated.

Bull.

16. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

For example, mainstream health would have you believe that saturated fat causes heart disease. That's not true at all.

Mainstream health would have you believe that soy is a health food. But it's just a cheap-to-grow cash crop, and it's harmful.

Mainstream health makes it as hard and expensive as possible to buy nutritional supplements. The pharmaceuticals that actually work are hidden from the public as much as possible(ie. natural desiccated thyroid meds, Denclude toothpaste,...)

Cancer is preventable and mostly curable but this information is kept from the public. Here's a good site to check out: http://www.gerson.org/

Mainstream health dumps toxic fluoride into our drinking water, and mercury into our mouths(even mainstream health figures are starting to see the harm in this).

This list could go on forever, and everything I write is supported by loads of research. The counter, mainstream positions are only supported by corporate propaganda. For example: "Fluoride has been shown to be safe and effective" is the extent of the science supporting this claim.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That's not evidence. It's the argument Post hoc ergo propter hoc, "Correlation implies causation." And it's one of the most insidious types of fallacy.

Both observations could be the effects of some other cause that hasn't yet been identified. Or it could be pure coincidence; coincidences happen all the time.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And you know this, how?

Same question.

Evidence please.

Gerson is a fraud and a crank. IIRC his "treatment" has actually killed a number of people.

Hmm, as opposed to, say, crank propaganda? Or self-interested party propaganda? Or unsupported with actual evidence propaganda?
    I see what you mean.

19. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

The reason I started this new diet is because my identical twin brother started it first, and he got excellent results. He didn't have allergies anymore, he didn't get sick much anymore(never for more than a day or 2 and very rarely), he got thinner(despite eating all of the stuff that mainstream health says makes you fat), got noticeably better skin, and he has more energy. Basically- the definition of good health.

First of all, mainstream cancer treatment options kill millions of people every year. And also, how can you believe that propaganda against him. There's a multi-billion dollar conglomerate of industries trying to discredit the man. Besides, if anybody has died while in his treatment, don't you think there was an underlying cause for it- not the treatment itself.

20. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

BTW, I could send you mountains of evidence, studies, research, and testimony to back up any claim I've made here.

But there's also counter claims by the mainstream health authorities and other invested parties as well.

In the end it comes down to who you trust. I trust the scientists and researchers that don't bow down to corporate interests.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And what else do you and he do health-wise, besides this diet?

Millions? I agree that cancer treatments can prove lethal but, at the same time, those treatments actually do help arrest or slow the cancer itself.

And how do you know it's propaganda?

Because he refuses to actually provide supporting evidence for his "treatment" to anything other than circumstantial and hearsay/ anecdotal. They're "trying to discredit" him the way they "discredit" any crank who makes claims he can't justify.

Nope. It was the treatment. And your "if" comment is trying to imply that it may not be the case that there were deaths. That's somewhat dishonest.

You appear to be as much a conspiracy theorist on health issues as you are on the "chemtrail" thing.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Please do so. And then I'll forward the "evidence, studies and research" to the health authorities. One reason they come down so hard on the cranks is the absolute lack of hard evidence and valid (reliable) studies. If YOU have access to any then you're privy to more information than has been provided to any official body.

Yeah, I wonder why the cranks get the same short shrift in the UK....

Edit: I suggest you get hold of a copy of this book. It's most informative.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  23. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

Nothing besides moderate exercise, which we've always done.

The reason it slows or kills the cancer is the same reason it slows or kills the person as a whole. It's not a targeted method of cancer fighting. It's just basically a game of let's see who dies first- the cancer or the patient.

I have learned not to trust people simply because they are official authority figures. In fact, I've learned that people in power tend to lie and cheat just like the rest of use, the only difference being that they have better commercials.

Well the proof is in the pudding. My health has improved on every level dramatically with this diet. Those following similar diets have had the same results. It's just that simple.

If you want evidence, I suggest you start with Weston A. Prices's research.