Why Has Nothing Worked?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PsychoticEpisode, Mar 23, 2007.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

NDS
    certainly more productive than refining my ad homming abilities don't you think?
    I can point to a few that make points without ad homs
    actually I have learnt heaps while I have been here, and I am happy to know that you have perused all of my 3500+ posts with keen interest

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so you believe that you know that you don't know - I have to beg to ask what are the general principles you apply to determine whether someone does know? (or do you hold that it is absolutely unknowable, thus agnosticism is the default position of perfection?)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I think that even you would agree that atheism vs theism is a good way to split the social scene - like for instance suppose your daughter was giving a graduation speech after attaining a masters in science and you were duty bound by parental affection to attend - through out the speech she is constantly belittling "atheistic science' and 'knowledge bereft of a sense of the absolute" with the "hope that a new generation of theistic spirited intellectuals and academics with hearts surrendered to christ almighty" could lift the world out of its current mire of social degeneration. - can you honestly say that you could sit through it without mixed feelings?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Say for example, I was born blind, and someone touched my eyes and I could see. That would be a good indicator that that person knows their shit.

Say I saw someone walking on water. Another good indicator.

Say I saw someone raise someone from the dead who has been buried for 4 days. That would also serve as a good indicator.

Say God spoke to me directly in a dream and I knew it was him. Again, a great indicator that that person knows what they are talking about.

In any case, I'm glad you've learned something on this site.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

all these examples are not inherently spiritual - its interesting that in the vedas you can find examples of great atheists who were proficient in such things.

Even scientists are greatly proficient at extracting wonderful results from inert matter

in other words it doesn't appear that you have defined the essential qualities

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007