Why does the government hide UFO's?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by darksidZz, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Not based on the characteristics of the object. As usual you cherry pick only a few details and neglect all the others to support your assumption it is some totally unevidenced and unknown kind of electrical "disturbance". That's confirmation bias again---interpreting the evidence in a way that supports your belief. Why can't you just accept all the details of the account as reported and go from there?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As always: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Not that it isn't real - that the incidents don't have an explanation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I tried it three times and it works. Your computer is fucked up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That's a lie. If the ufo phenomena were real, it would be leaving the same sort of evidence for itself as any other events that occur in our spacetime. And it wouldn't be too extraordinary to happen. It would be happening and be witnessed and photographed all over the world. As indeed it is.

Then you admit the ufo phenomena is real and has no explanation yet? Now we're getting somewhere!

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You have taken an untenable position in this discussion.
    You have an aggressive assertion - you must prove it in order make your case.
    Others do not make an aggressive assertion, they simply allow for other possibilities. No one is saying your assertion must be false, simply that you have not made a compelling case. Your opponets don;t need to believe anything, they need simply be open to possibilities, and pick least incredible one.

Your stance is false unless shown to be true.
    Others' is true unless shown to be false.

That is the pitfall of making a strong assertion, and why the onus remains on you to make your case to your opponents' satisfaction.

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by 'phenomenon'?

A bunch of people seeing unexplained lights in the sky is definitely a phenomenon. It doesn't rule out natural phenomena or man-made phenomena or many other types of phenomena.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I think this will go into perpetuity as the quintessential byline of this thread.

I could not have dynamited your credibility any better than you just did.

Take a bow.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I only assert that ufos are real and show the characteristics of being craft of nonhuman superintelligences. There is nothing in that claim that isn't directly supported by all the evidence gathered over many years of thousands of professionals studying this phenomenon.

You offer no claim either way. You might as well not be examining evidence at all if you are only concerned with possibilities. The evidence provides certainty beyond possibility. It provides proof that there is a real mysterious phenomenon here that recurs over and over again in many different forms and ways all over the world.

So iow, no evidence will ever convince you because you are only concerned with weak undecidable possibilities. Why then even discuss this? You bar all possibility of finding anything out about the phenomena at all from the outset. It's like you are scared of looking deeply into it for fear it will change your belief that ufos aren't real.

No it isn't. We are agnostic on either stance in the beginning. Then when we look at the evidence, we go with the stance that best explains the facts. That's basic science.

There is no pitfall in making a strong assertion based on the evidence. And the evidence makes my case for me, as it indeed it does in these what now? 11 compelling cases I've posted so far?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And I logically explained why it's a lie. Why did you leave that out? Quotemining now?

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, it's a plausible explanation, and there are probably others.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What you see as evidence of Aliens is your own "confirmation bias" based on flimsy say so, blurry photographs and sensationalistic journalism from the History channel.
    They remain UFO's....

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You said you never claimed it wasn't real. What is the "it" you are referring to?

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Ah..but I haven't asserted that they are necessarily aliens have I? So you can attack that strawman all day, as in fact you have been for 11 pages now.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Calm down matey!
    I also havn't asserted they are not Alien craft: So therefor they remain as UFO's.
    Nice to see you finally agreeing to that.
    Dave, Deacon, myself and the others that have been trying to educate you, we can all take a bow!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm the one educating YOU guys about a field you know little about and dismiss as all so much psuedoscience. Bear that much in mind..

Except for that Tehran incident you claim is some heretofor unknown electrical "disturbance" that intelligently flees jets and gets picked up on radar. lol!

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure you are! *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

I don't claim anything other than it is/was a UFO just as you have agreed.
    I just suggested an unknown electrical disturbance, and possibly even other unknown causes.

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You claim that is what it was. What evidence is there for this sort of physical phenomena that is multicolored, morphs it's shape from a starfish to a diamond, emits intelligently moving orbs and glowing discs, is detected on radar, and evades pursuing jets? Or is this just something you made up?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Correct! I claim it is a UFO as you have agreed to....
    what i said
    Atmospheric electrical disturbance, is certainly possible and plausible. :shrug:
    Other than that, I agree that it is a UFO.

I'm not making anything up...You linked the video and I watched it...everything you say is true except your "intelligently moving" nonsense.
    So as we agree, it's a UFO.
    Or are you now revealing your true gullibility after many posts denying you infer these apparitions as being of Alien or interdimensional origin....Your "intelligently moving" superfluous addition seems to support that belief now.
    You seem all over the place in your vain efforts to defend whatever it is you are defending.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So then this thread is done and dusted. MR finally agrees that it is a UFO, as most here have been telling him.
    Our work is done!

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're the one claiming it was an "electrical disturbance", not a ufo. What in science makes such an explanation even feasible? Where has it been observed before? Is it repeatable in a lab?

And yes, it evaded jets. It shows intelligence. It emitted intelligently moving orbs that circled the jet. And it was picked up on radar. How does a natural phenomenon do that? Back up your claims. That's what you always say to me. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, hmmm? lol!