why does everyone hate SAM?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by camilus, Sep 10, 2008.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I like Sam - always have.
    She is fun, very bright and, as James said, challenging.
    She doesn't always debate honestly (whether or not she realizes it, I haven't been able to figure out - but as this has progressed with time, I think she does it on purpose) and that can be frustrating at times.
    Also, as Zak said, she winds people up and blows in their sails - it can be a LOT of fun to watch.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I would put Sam in my top ten favourite SFers.
    Yes, she can be a pain in the arse, but that's part of her charm.
    I gave up trying to argue with her long ago.
    Absolutely impossible.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I don't hate her, the correct word is despise I think.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously, just don't take her seriously, and everything is gonna be alrighty...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

So, there you have it folks. SAM, love her or hate her, you can't ignore her. Don't forget to tune into tomorrow when we ask the perennial question, why does James R keep beagles?

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

That's easy: he steals their cigarettes and sells them...

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Too many reasons to list, when it comes to SAM. When I think about her, I can't really come up with anything nice to say but I can come up with a lot of reasons I can't stand her.

10. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I think the core reasons are dishonesty and lack of intellectual integrity.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

SAM is very difficult to have a dialog with because she always tries to argue against anything that you might say. She really doesn't care about the subject that is being discussed but only that she will argue against whatever it is you might be wanting to discuss. She really can only argue about matters in order to get her point across and only likes to "stir the pot" whenever she can. It is her goal in life to just take opposing viewpoints on matters no matter what it may be. She can't lose because she uses everything you bring up against you then switches from one subject to another if she gets into trouble. She is a very intelligent woman but lacks the ability to converse in ways which don't irritate others but only likes to annoy them. I believe she is like that in real life as well and cannot find others to get along with because of her argumentative ways. In a strange way I feel sorry for her just for that reason, but not that sorry for she makes her own bed and must lie down in it.

12. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I hate that she won't respond in this thread in a satisfying manner, we're all sitting on the edge of our seats wishing she was a normal decent human being that could come in here, sit still, and express her views on the topic of her shitness, in a normal personable manner with sincerity, genuine thought and meaningfull perspective. But at best she'll use a stupid toothy smiley face, quip lamely and briefly at the fuss, and leave, like she's fucking too cool, EVEN though she CLEARLY has a nose that's WAY too big for her head.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

If being intellectually dishonest means challenging, then you have a point. Unless of course, you're not being honest.

14. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Well, that's not true. She gets along with me well.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

She is very fortunate that you can understand her ways. Good for you and good she does have someone who understands.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Is it because you agree with her?

17. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

It's not so difficult to understand S.A.M. She reads too much religious,
    political, and historical stuffs, and it cause a lot of anger in herself. I prefer
    to protect myself from discussing that type of stuffs because I don't see how
    it's gonna change tomorrow

. On the other hand, the awareness of what
    happens in the world around you is one sign of intelligence.

18. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

It could be. I have a lot of similarity point of views with her, but I have also
    encountered few aspects where I disagree with her. She never, however,
    personally attacks me in any way.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Awareness doesn't mean you need to be argumentitive with others just to make a point. As Q has pointed out you must agree with her to become friends. If she cannot hold her anger in check when she communicates many people see her as attacking them and really upsets them as well as myself.

20. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Well.. this is a discussion forum, what else can one do but argue?

I could not understand why S.A.M is singled out. If it is because she is argumentative,
    who here are not? Does James R not argumentative? What about Enmos? Buffalo
    Roam? Q? Kadark? etc? :shrug: Ok, perhaps it is because her posting rate is high and
    therefore she is more noticeable.

21. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Perhaps it's because she's an extremely irritating unreasonable and dishonest human being.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Learning the difference between discussion and arguing is a very good idea if you really want to try and understand others. In an arguing situation one tends to attack the other for their views while in a discussion one would just talk about what they feel is what they believe is true but take the time to understand others point of view as well.

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I think that was a typo and the correct spelling is "win".

Damn, another typo...

By the way, don't we have a thread recently about sex releasing stress and anger?