Why do women wear bras?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I'd consider anything from C and up large.

And yes, they are very easy to undo. You can undo them using only 3 fingers.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Because they get jerked around like mad when you move. DUH

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And what is with training bras? These young girls don't have any breasties and they have them wearing "training bra". What the heck are they training?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Why do you care?

8. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

3 ???

For shame.
    I can do it with two...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It is a curiosity Visceral Instinct. I think women are being victimized by commercialization. Do we really need all the stuff marketed to us all the time? Seems to me that bras are way over rated...not needed in many cases and a potential health hazzard (if you read earlier posts).

Do young girls look upon the bra as a rite of passage similar to men shaving. Is it more of a social statement versus a bonafide need. I think women with larger breasts have made a case for bras for women with larger breasts...but those with smaller breasts it is not clear that there is a need for them and they may indeed be a hazzard for many women.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, sure you can.

11. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Why is this tagged with misogyny?? Who tagged it with that? It's not misogynist at all. I call bullshit.

I do agree with Joe though, it's a social construct left over from medevil times where women sat around looking pretty instead of living.

12. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol
    What? You can't?

It's quite simple really... one can just think of it as a simple lever..

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No, when I do it one handed, 2 fingers hold the eye strap and 1 finger pushes over the hook strap. No way do you do it with 2 finger.

14. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Well.. fair enough. I imagine it is somewhat different when you're the one removing it from yourself.

However, when one is removing it from another, it can be done with 2 fingers. The method is very similar to yours: reaching around, the forefinger is used to hold the eye strap down, and the thumb is pressed against the hook strap, then simply squeeze. Bringing the two together lifts the hooks free of the loops. Let go, and commence fun.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Training bras are actually unnecessary, they train little girls to get used to wearing a bra. But they usually don't need a bra yet, they just want to feel grown up. I got a bra when I was 9 before I actually really needed one, but I now I wear one because it's to annoying and painful not too. The only time I take it off is when I go to sleep. Because the only time they don't bounce around and hurt.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Young men do something similar, they start shaving peach fuzz. Our kids are in a big rush to grow up it seems. But it also occurs to me that training bras create a market for bra manufacturers.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

That's true.

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Why do women wear panties?

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Because women naturally have body fluids constantly flowing from that area that would otherwise end up in the pants.

21. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Why do guys wear jockstraps? It's uncomfortable to have your shit bouncing all over the place all the time. Not to mention, for women, quite obvious when this bouncing occurs and attracts unwanted attention. I have always been larger then average for my age. My nickname in high school was 'Chestica'. When I was younger, kids made fun of me because of my breasts! Then when we all got older, they all were jealous and I secretly laughed inside. Bras are a personal choice, but for me I wear them when I feel bouncing should be limited (like work or the gym), but other then that, I rarely wear any underwear.

22. Roman Banned Banned

If joepistole doesn't like bras, there is no point, and everyone is having it forced on them by giant evil corporations.

You probably meantannals, didn't you?

Yeah. People are too stupid to know what's good for them. We should outlaw caffeine and cell phones, too. And things that are sharp.

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I think they meant anals.
    That should be outlawed.