Why do we think time paradoxes exist?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by cjard, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

ABSOLUTELY! Your confusion is not without merit. Time is like Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy - pure conspiracy and fraud. We have, and have always, lived in the moment. Past, present and future are names we give to the moment that comes before and after this very moment.

It is arrogance! Pure arrogance. We do not travel through spacetime, only space. The words past, present and future are mere vocabulary that should be removed from our language if we are to grasp the truth, which is that the moment never ceases to exist. Past, present and future? 100% fantasy stuff.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Time paradoxes exist because not all the clock in the world can be right at the same time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Farsight

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

although i agree 120% that past and future do not exist as the present does, i disagree with your statement about travel through time.

everything travels through space and time. differences in momentum and accelleration in any one thing means that everything is moving through the dimension of time at different speeds, if ever so slightly--according to relativity. time travel into the future is acheived merely by accellerating relatively close to the speed of light. but this doesn't mean that time is hypothetically subject to your will--it will most likely never be.

8. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

heh, its only paradox because we are the ones who don't understand it.

remember that all we describe is only a description for ourselves.

9. Farsight

Look at your language, Roy. Try to be literal and ontological here. You talk about the future as if it's a place. It isn't a place. Maybe it's the places where all the things that are here now are going to be at. But it's not a place. So you really can't travel to it. And unlike space, you really can't travel through time. I might be here and you might be there, and I can travel from here to there as can you. But for both of us, the time is always "now". There's no flowing to it, and there really ain't no travelling through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.