Why do some Muslims blow themselves up?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by John J. Bannan, Jun 29, 2007.

1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Two "asian guys" just drove a burning jeep into my hometown airport.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I do rather think the point was missed. It doesn't matter what the intention of Crusade 1 was nor how intentions morphed across other Crusades. What does matter is the mass massacres and torture of people under the guise of absolution and a stairway to heaven. In other words they had "seriously demented/delusional/distorted thinking."

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but in the newscast tonight, they said that "asian" meant Pakistani or Indian to the Scots.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

It does. And to other people too.

In British English, the word "Asian" usually refers to those of South Asian origin, particularly Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis, and also the less numerous Sri Lankans, Nepalis, and Maldivians. Additionally, British who marked the "Other Asian" category on the UK census were of Afghan, Iranian, Iraqi, Turkish and Yemeni ancestries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Asian

8. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I seem to remember the Brazilian who was shot by police in London was referred to as "an Asian guy" by eye witnesses.

Basically, In the UK, "Asian" is just a word for people who are neither white or black. It seems to be one of the few politically correct words left to describe a person neither white or black to the media.