Why do racists have low IQs?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I will venture to hypothesize that lower IQ is also a consequence of a racist mindset.
    Simply put, being hateful and spiteful, makes dumb.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I presume it is because they deal with socially relevant problems, try to solve them, usually fail, find the situation hopeless, are frustrated over the social situation of the world, resort to elitism as a form of saving at least themselves since they can't save the world or the world doesn't want to be saved the way they want to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Now that's interesting. Instead of low IQ leading to/making one susceptible to racism, being racist, essentially, damages intelligence.

I like that hypothesis.

We should test a wide cross section of the population who claim not to be racist and then test them again after five years and see if the ones who are racist lost intelligence.

I am being wry, but I like the idea and it's an interesting take on the issue.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Oddly enough though, if you asked them, they would assume that the education was better and would be upset to find out that the money in terms of education was wasted. And many of them would have high IQs also. I wonder how IQ relates to intelligence.

8. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Not from your statements, no. From the logic in the first post I mocked.

9. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

It is not necessarily a logical conclusion from what you are saying, but it seems implied that you yourself would attend those rallies, except you would rather conceal your racism for social purposes.

10. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

SAM,
    it's really rather amazing how many people here are upset at the assertion that racists are less intelligent. Angry, even. If nothing else this thread serves a wonderful purpose just showing how many people come out to defend racists, some of them even rather clever - an attribute that seems to be confused with intelligence and rewarded on such things as IQ tests even when this attribute is isolated from intelligence. (I am surprised at how naive I was)

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Of course, but less as the study shows. Anybody with brain larger than a pea and with biological knowledge on the matter can see that racism is not based on scientific data.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Real-life racists whom I have known have shared one trait in common. They are emotionally / psychologically unhealthy. Destructive behavior seems to be fairly reliable for the mentally unhealthy and data I have seen suggests that mental health negatively impacts intelligence rather than the other way around.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That would depend on whether you can produce data on IQ's and beliefs in the supernatural. And that would also depend on whether or not IQ is relevant to anything.

Notwithstanding, your cult promotes widespread racism, so this thread must be some sort of deflection tactic away from the real cause of racism.

Hmmm... :bugeye:

14. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Where did you get the information of where the racist IQs were taken from? I suspect you just made that all up.

15. Atom Registered Senior Member

Well you'd have to include people like HG Wells, George Bernard Shaw amongst others.

They were all Atheists needless to add.

16. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

HG Wells was racist? :/ Aw

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And just exactly how many racists have you known personally? And do you really think that it's a reliable measure?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

18. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

We should send white liberals to teach in black schools and see how their views on race change over the months.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They already do.

20. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

And what do you think happens to a lot of those white liberals? (Or should I say former white liberals?).

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Only if they're armed to the teeth or have strict, armed security guards all over the school and metal detectors at all of the entrances. And the teachers have armed guards in order to commute to their jobs.

Baron Max

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That's why there's not very many liberal white teachers left in the inner-city schools!!

Baron Max

23. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Oh, and here is a story I'm sure you liberals will love.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/21/Features/One_woman_s_lament__M.shtml

One woman's lament: My neighbors made me a racist
    How did tolerance and acceptance turn into judgment, and then something uglier?

ST. PETERSBURG - Cathy Salustri was typing without thinking. She was mad and she needed to get the words out. What spilled across her computer screen would eventually land on the front page of a Gulfport newspaper and spark Internet debate around the bay area. But that night in her living room, doubt filled her mind. Why did I write something stupid like that? Do I feel this way? I can't possibly feel this way. The words on the screen did not lie:

I'm a white woman living in a black neighborhood, and I'm turning into a racist because of it.

She won't use racial epithets. She doesn't go around waving Confederate flags. She had to look up the word "racism" to see if it applied to her:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human ability or character.

She decided it probably does.

Salustri, 34, isn't proud of who she has become. It's not a reflection of her upbringing, the first seven years in New York, the rest in Clearwater.

"She really didn't have an idea of black and white, " said her mother, Ann Salustri. "It was never brought up." All she knew was that she was Italian. If she saw someone lighter than herself, she thought the person was pale, not white. She was 9 before she discovered that her dad's best friend was black.

- snip -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.