Why did you join this forum.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xelasnave.1947, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Years ago?
    So you were previously here under a different name?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It has nothing to do with my personal beliefs or worldview. The conclusion of cranks and/or nitwits is a consensus arrived at by repeated observation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so.""===https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wellwisher Banned Banned

I generate a lot of idea and I thought the science forums would be a good place to get feedback. It is hard to be totally objective to one own ideas. In the early days, the moderators and members were more open to new ideas. This is no longer the case, unless there is a new member. New Members will get the welcome mat. But it does not take long until the discussion degenerates, via a cliquish lynch mob, with the moderators no longer helping out the underdog. It is like owning a store and having your employees friends drive away new customers, so they don't have to work.

I used to stay on topic for extends posts and address all reasonable comments. Now I tend to jump around and may not come back. This makes me appear to be hit and run. But I changed to make it harder for the lynch mob to target me, by not staying in one spot. When I used to stay on topic, I was constantly abused with the moderators allowing this. Getting crap piled on you takes it toll. I decided to keep moving, so the pack of jackals would not be able to work as a team.

The earliest days of the forums had good people who worked hard and tried to be fair. This is no longer the case.

8. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

To perform subtle experiments on aspies.

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You have also missed the point of this thread which invites a comment as to why you joined the forum.

Why did you join?

What guided you here?

Alex

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not saying it's true because many believe it. I'm saying it's more likely to be true if several people make the same observation.

And I find it amusing that you self-identify with the cranks and nitwits.

exchemist likes this.
  11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I identify with anyone who is insulted and called names in order to discredit them. It's a low tactic and shows an inability to consider other point of views.

12. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Someone, who I thought was giving me pointers in GR on some other forum, linked to this site, he was a member here already.
    When I arrived I saw him shot-down. Anyone remember Pmb.

13. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes he got banned, but now he's back, as a sock. He is a funny fellow: I had a good discussion with him about the uncertainty principle, but he was appallingly patronising. Something wrong with him, I think.

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

only if you knew of all of the offline nonsense , that is actually serious, that peter has attempted with some of us. in all reality, PMB is a piece of shiit person.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  16. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...from the OP : "If you would like to share why you became a member please do so but lets be possitive and not drift into grizzleland. That could be another thread if someone thinks it is called for.
    Alex"

Reported

17. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

ahh yes, you are correct, i apologize for stating the reality of what has already occurred, i mean especially after i have quoted some one else, correct?

(shakes head)--my god, how pathetic are you ?

18. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes fair point, I should not have expressed an opinion about pmb on this thread.

19. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...from the OP : "If you would like to share why you became a member please do so but lets be possitive and not drift into grizzleland. That could be another thread if someone thinks it is called for.
    Alex"

Possibly, krash661, you should start another Thread on the subject of :

Reported

20. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Actually, exchemist, your opinion wasn't nearly as caustic as k661's, but you did seem to understand...

Sciforums should be the place to express opinions about Science and Science matters - talking about people/members has no place in the real process of science, period.

21. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

AGAIN,
    " i mean especially after i have quoted some one else, correct?

(shakes head)--my god, how pathetic are you ? "
    cute attempt though.

-- almost as the little that could, huh ?

22. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

except the " opinions " of the " science " " process " is solely coming from these " people ", which i mean by, mentality... PERIOD, correct?

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

So, this (the ^^above quoted^^!!) is why you became a Member?

Alex"