Why did God divide the people of Babel?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Oct 15, 2011.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is another verse about that. It distinguishes between belief and action.

Qur'an 2:177
    It is not righteousness
    That ye turn your faces toward East or West;
    But it is righteousness -
    To believe in God
    And the Last Day
    And the Angels
    And the Book
    And the Messengers;{this is all belief}
    To spend of your substance out of love for Him
    For your kin
    For orphans
    For the needy
    For the wayfarer
    For those who ask,
    And for the ransom of slaves;
    To be steadfast in prayer
    And practice regular charity;
    To fulfil the contracts which ye have made;
    And to be firm and patient in pain (or suffering) and adversity
    And throughout all periods of panic.{this is all action}
    Such are the people of truth the God-conscious.

Another one:

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, ... whoever believes in Allāh and the Last Day and those who do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve ." Quran 2:62

Which is getting preachy now, but there is belief and there is action. And when there is diversity in belief it challenges us to question our ethics and our actions because we are forced to consider more than one way of thinking about any issue

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

wow

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Precisely.

If the Christian God is a just God why does he send anyone who makes an honest mistake of not believing in him sent to hell for all eternity? That is NOT JUST.

Go Atheism!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mind Over Matter Registered Senior Member

The highlight is the indication of pride by the people.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

As is above, so is below. If you don't have faith now, you won't have faith then. To the bottomless pit thee. You will have your chance to repent, worry not.

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

So?

You need to say more.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

And good ones as well.

Thing is, they were already doing quite well and that was part of God's problem and the disunity that you point to is what has had man at war against man ever since.

Not quite a benefit to mankind.

I like diversity myself and promote it but you can have diversity within a single common and still be part of a whole.

The U S and Canada were built on that concept.

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

True.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not think they were dumb at all.

We still cannot do some of the things that they did back then and many of our scientific achievements began with the thinking of the ancients.

Material sciences had to catch up but much of the theoretical work is ancient.

Check ancient temple machines if you are so inclined.

Regards
    DL

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not know how any Christian can see God's idea of free will-----do things my way or burn forever,---- as free will and not a threat.
    If they believe it and are not already thinking they are slaves, then their delusion is so deep we need not worry about them.

Let us let them live in their delusion.

Regards
    DL

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Really.

have you seen many Christians and Muslims debating and discussing anything to any kind of conclusion where one will change his mind about a piece of his theology.

I have not.

In fact, some Ex muslims that I know, cannot even get topics started in Muslim religious site. Plus, anytime I have tried to chat with Muslims, they are generally less tolerant than literalist and fundamental, and those are quite intolerant from the word Go.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

And end time says that in that day the elect will be one, the others destroyed and the people one with one God.

That is still pride except this time god will condone it.

So much for I change not.

You should also remember that god indicated his pride in his so called son Jesus.

Before he put the ransom on him that is and demanded his murder to pay it.
    Insanity.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Why repent if it goes unnoticed.
    A repentant soul who is kept in torture without purpose is only being punished for the pleasure it give God to torture.

That is why hell would be an immoral construct that a good God would never create.

You show the hate of your own heart. Not that of your mythical sky daddy.

You will reap what you sow.

Regards
    DL

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You seem to have a very narrow perspective. If people with differences in belief are not discussing their faiths, how do you have Christians Muslims and Jews Hindus Buddhists in all corners of the globe? Why aren't there Jews only in Judea, Christians only in Nazareth, Buddhists only in Bihar and Hindus and pagans only in the tribes they came from? And why are there sects in those religions? But even within sects, they rarely discuss similarities, they more often discuss differences.

The very fact that ex-Muslims want to discuss religion with Muslims should tell you that. I used to frequent a board run by ex-Muslims and most of the members stop after some time because there is only so much time you can spend discussing what you don't like about religion with people who don't like religion

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Its not a threat its a ultimatum, you can not live dead in the kingdom of Heaven if you do not follow the word of God on earth. You are the one in delusion from my point of view.

19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah that is the way I learned it as a Mormon . The pride of people thrown to the ground . Humanity got to prideful thinking they could be God . Nimrod particularly . I think that is why the insult calling someone a Nimrod is still today . Have you heard that expression " You Nimrod what the fuck you do that for ? You are a fucking Nimrod ! A hole personalities is the insinuation . Puffed up with Pride so to speak . B personalities understand the phrase quite well for the most part as they shake there heads at the As lots of times and say to them selves ( what a fucking nimrod ) Now you can see the disparity between the 2 groups , A language barrier that separates the 2 groups , One says out Load You fucking Nimrod and the other says to them selves ( You fucking Nimrod ) A brake down in communication . A divide by perception A/B

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Im sorry, did you just say im hateful?! Don't shake the bee hive, friend.

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Big Sky Daddy . How many times do I got to correct that . Big Sky Daddy for the last time . Get it right or don't use the phrase . One more time " Big Sky Daddy . There is lots of us too . I am not the only one . We live in the Big Sky Country and we have kids . Google Big Sky ! It is a place on earth . Us that live in the bliss of the forest and have kids are Big Sky Daddys . My Mountain is in the center of Big Sky Country . Yeah Big Sky Daddy has a Mountain named for Him . It is in the Snowy Mountains . The tallest peak in the Snowy Mountains . My personal snow man imagery. Hallelujah Big sky country . I'ma meet my maker in big sky country , Kissing time good-bye . I'ma go listen to the Song " Big Sky Country" by that Cris Guy Makes Me feel better
    Later Nimrods

I came back . What a great song Chris Whitley is the Guy who sings "Big Sky Country . I think he was the father of that girl in the band "Black Dub" . If so I see were she gets her talent . Genetic

O.K. for real Nimrods and I mean that with the best of intentions , Later Night Night

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Me-Ki, have you faith?

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

fixed