Why are things in space the shape that they are?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by paddoboy, May 11, 2020.

1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

As soon as you begin to anthropomorphic the Universe to the degree you exhibit sorry but you have lost the plot

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

paddoboy likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Pretty wise utterrances, even for a Territorian

!

Which is why the universe appears "mathematical" as it is the language of physics, which give rise to the cosmological model that we observe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Starting to feel like a Balian

paddoboy likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not to worry, you'll always be welcome back home!

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And that is determined by the mathematics, no?
    An the laws of physics are....not mathematical in essence?
    The universe always worked physically without any maths, but when man invented maths from observing how the universe worked physically the universe magically started functioning with mathematical precision and predictability?

I will stipulate that natural selection is physically chaotic in essence, but obviously in the long term, the resulting evolutionary effects will allow for a probabilistic mathematical model as Chaos Theory predicts.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

The MATHEMATICS is determined by the PHYSICS

Again with having a sequence arse about. Physics operates with exquisite precision and predictability
    • regardless of
    • maths
    • microtubules
    • you
    • me
    • James
    • Donald
    • The Queen
    • hippopotamus
    • COVID-19
    I am sure, should us Minions so desire we could invent a system of formula where every physical operation was represented by a colour

Your position would be, in such a situation, the Universe Physics is determined by the colours, no?

And you would be as incorrect in that Universe as you are in this one sorry

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Forget the word human "mathematics", like human "physics" they are manmade words. Let's stay with universal "values and "functions".
    Yes, this is the definition of "Universal mathematical" processing of physical and non-physical relational values.

The order in physics is determined by the mathematical essence of spacetime and everything in it.

https://physicsworld.com/a/time-varying-signals-control-sound-waves-in-topological-metamaterials/

No. no, the Universal Physical behaviors are determined by their inherent "relational values" (of any kind) interacting via "mathematical (algebraic) functions".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo's_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_experiment#

Galileo based his "law of falling bodies" on the theoretical mathematics (rate of acceleration), Aristotle based his "law of falling bodies" on the "physics" of difference in mass (weight). Aristotle was wrong.

Mathematics

Hammer and Feather Drop by astronaut David Scott, Apollo 15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei#Falling_bodies

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

It has nothing to do with this concept.

Consistency can only restrict ones thinking to known rules without leaving the door open for unknowns.

Your consistency here has you presenting a case for maths that merely suits your opinion.

I can't not answer I don't know all the information required to understand this planet let alone the rest of the universe.

This leaves out the importance of maths?

I use it to work out how much oil to put in the petrol to make two stroke fuel...that's a clever trick.

There is no need to bring humans into this.

Having got one thing correct use it to build upon and gain confidence for wider observations.

You think the complexity is in the math?..it is not..math is the simplified version.

Complex issues described in a simplistic fashion we call maths.

Without a rifle it would be even more difficult.

There was no beginning for the universe and it is only maths that has corrupted that truth.

I don't know that we could..if math is so universal other species may argue that math is useful to them also.

I do not think that it is possible to argue there is universal mathematics...do you have any views on this aspect?

Alex

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

That is what I have been trying to present. Yes, the universe has not changed any of its properties and behaviors, since the beginning. The latecomer Man's greatest accomplisment is to observe and understand the "necessary"
    relational values and the logical processes as they exist in spacetime and become expressed as physical objects.

Is mathematics the greatest discovery in the history of mankind?
    David Kofh, CEO at Kofh Publishing Coro (1980-present)
    Answered December 5, 2018
    The logical essence of spacetime.
    I don't like the term Superego as it smacks of sentience. IMO, spacetime needs not be sentient, it is a quasi-intelligent geometric which uses logical processes which humans have been able to observe, analyze, and symbolize with human mathematics.
    Why confuse the issue with a vague concept of God, which is superfluous.
    This posit claims that God is a mathematician. If God existed, I would agree, but God is not necessary
    https://www.quora.com/Is-mathematics-the-greatest-discovery-in-the-history-of-mankind

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The greatest discovery???
    I would say finding that we could eat flesh burned in forrest fires.
    Nice post, I must go...thanks for the chat.
    Alex

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

If go with The ROUND WHEEL

Puny Minions were wasting to much energy with the square wheels

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

If not for the round wheel they never would have invented the hand brake.

I always think about the poor old bullocks..they had to pull all the time...down hill a log was attracted to the waggon so it would not move down hill...so even down hill the bullocks still had to pull....and that was even after the invention of the round wheel.
    Alex

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Without cooking women would not have been invented. Cooking gave us a better brain with which we invented work and warfare.
    Alex

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Yes. Only advantage of the square wheel, it didn't run away on you

Round wheels made things more complicated

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Jeez...the Dung Beetle was the first animal that rolled its food home 200 million years ago.....

Dung Beetle

A scarab, depicted on the walls of Tomb KV6 in the Valley of the Kings

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

It is the first animal you are aware of however could that behaviour not be from earlier times...how would you describe a small mammal stealing an egg , for food, from a reptile or from a bird or even I suspect from a fish? Particularly if they moved it by rolling...maybe oval eggs were harder to roll and thereby gave its occupants a greater chance of survival so as to see eggs becoming pointy...or did eggs become pointy as that made them easier to lay?

That would be one (reptile) minus one (egg) equals one (mammal) plus one ( egg) opps it eats the egg so thats thats an egg for both sides out of the equation.

Alex

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wait. What?

Some caveman cooking bronto burgers with all his caveman buddies suddenly thought to himself: "Hey, this cooking thing is tiresome. We need someone else to do it. Let's invent women."

Write4U likes this.
  21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

OK

Next part of post

Used 5 times (my underlining to highlight)

Continuing to Forget the word human "mathematics", like human "physics" we have
    And our our forgetting extends to

Think I will drop out this to and fro. Feel like I am a race marshal running backwards trying to explain to a runner they are running in the wrong direction

Let the Universe be run by Mathematical Microtubules I no longer care that much

Have found a great coffee blend and Inul has offered to make another cup for me

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

No that would be ridiculous.
    Alex

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sorry that should have read ; forget "human physics" and "human mathematics", and substitute "universal physics" and "universal mathematics".

My error for not being clear enough in drawing the distinction.