Why are geeks often atheists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Syzygys, Apr 4, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Which ones? Another round i won and anyone reading this can see that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

You haven't even responded to my posts. It's typical of someone on the losing side of an argument to declare victory and run away.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Well then just point out which one i did not respond to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

Likewise.

I'm wondering what S.A.M. is going to say when I tell him that eugenics is mandated by the Bible.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Sam is a chick

9. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

True. I'm sure, if determined, a breeder could find some way to make it work (though I don't want to go in that direction

).

But if they were in wild now, without humans, they could be classified as a different species by the same standards that are applied to other species. If a field biologist (who somehow never knew of dogs) encountered them, he would probably think there was sympatric speciation.

10. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

Oops.

11. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

12. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

If they were wild, they would be far more homogeneous.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

[ENC]S.A.M.[/ENC]

14. John99 Banned Banned

If i responded the way i want to it would be viewed as personal insult towards you, this is not my intention.

15. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

:shrug:

It says you're a tranny, so technically I'm still correct.

16. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

Then tone it down. You certainly can't refuse to respond for fear of insulting me and then declare victory.

At least, not without looking rather foolish.

17. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I missed that :bugeye: (My eyes/brain probably weren't working after damage from looking at that picture).

18. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

That is the best picture ever

19. John99 Banned Banned

I did not respond because the post is pointless. I gave the opportunity to provide coherent argument for determining that biological evolution, not simply changes from plant to plant or within Canis lupus familiaris, does not rely on faith. Neither you, SnakeLord or Spidergoat came close to achieving that. They left, your still here posting things that are not even relevant just as they were.

Hey, i dont look foolish at all because i am relying on facts. And after all you did post that evolution was from land to water, remember that? Where did that come from anyway? I think your just googling as you go along, that is my theory.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Starting @
    John99
    La Eab Ga Ia Oa Na (6,495 posts)

Old Today, 01:06 PM
    POST #61

We shall let the readers determine the winner here. Because at this point looks like you will continue posting strawman arguments.

21. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

You stopped challenging the point that was made, because it appeared that you were incapable. You can't declare an argument invalid without finding fault with it.

More to the point, you certainly aren't doing anything useful if you declare an argument invalid without providing one of your own.

I posted that the evolution of cetaceans was from land to water, not that all evolution was from land to water, and that's true. The evolution of the precursors to cetaceans was probably from water to land. So what?

22. John99 Banned Banned

But we are not arguing any points about children growing into adults.:shrug: Start a new thread for that.

As to the other point, they teach that in third grade. I misunderstood your circular arguing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cetaceans

23. redwards I doubt it Registered Senior Member

You brought it up. I'll happily carry on the arguments about evolution and speciation if you can find any fault with the argument as it stands.

If they teach that in third grade, then why did you get it backwards when I presented it? The reason I told you that it was from land to water, if you recall, is because you asked why there were still dolphins, which is a moronic question on numerous levels.

I'm beginning to think that the reason you keep presuming that you've won an argument is because you're entirely incapable of keeping track of one.