Who's your favorite Superhero?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by ScaryMonster, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

Are you a fan of Superman, The Hulk or Cat woman?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And maybe Wonder Woman or Captain America.

Or perhaps Spiderman.

So are you a fan of Superheros?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

Or perhaps you're in to Villains?

We’re constantly seeing these characters in the face of danger, under threat, how is this affecting them? How do these events have an impact on their development? And why aren’t they developing some serious pathological problems like PTSD? So we think about what they’re facing, the loss, injury, death and we wonder, they’re going to be experiencing fear, horror, do they get broken? How do they endure all this stress and violence and still carry on and persevere?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Isn't that Venom?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I enjoyed Underdog

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I used to spend my allowance on Wonder Woman comics. Apparently the enduring heroine is being reintroduced with a new wardrobe. This works for me too, lol.....

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i am my own favorite super hero.

10. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

And you have an excellent script writer.

Do we get to see the rest of your costume that we might better identify you?

Just kidding about the costume......

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

spidergoat has my superhero picture...hey spidey!

i have a jesus cheerleader outfit too, but i don't have any pics of it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The Tick. I never read the comics or saw the animated show, but I loved the short-run live-action series in 2001.

We named a dog who was born that year Batmanuel, after the character in the series. We had forgotten the eerie experience that our pets often grow up to have the characteristics of their namesakes. Batmanuel, a 22lb/10kg Lhasa Apso--not noted as an athletic breed--can jump over fences and once even went out a window 4ft/1.2m above the floor.

14. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

"Spider-Man was the first host it merged with before its motives were clear. After Spider-Man rejected it, the Symbiote went on to merge with other hosts and so began its reign as the villain known as Venom." From Wiki.

So is that the Venom suited Spiderman or Venom? I think when Venom merges with a human he has that bitey looking horror head something like this:

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

The Tick? Batmanuel?

Gotta love Wikipedia, lol.....

Thank you for that sharing, Fraggle. I learned something new today.....

Batmanuel
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Batmanuel
    Comic image missing.svg
    Publication information
    Publisher New England Comics Press
    First appearance The Tick: Episode #1: "Pilot" (Original Airdate: November, 2001)
    Created by Ben Edlund
    In-story information
    Abilities Seemingly none

Batmanuel is a fictional character from The Tick live action series. An obvious parody of Batman, the character was similar to Die Fledermaus of the animated series.

Played by Nestor Carbonell, Batmanuel has no obvious superpowers or extraordinary physical abilities. He does, however, have a very high opinion of himself. Batmanuel's main focus is lechery (though self-aggrandizing comes in at close second). He considers himself to be one of The City's top superheroes.

Batmanuel's costume consists of brown pants, a tan shirt with a very broad collar, a short brown cape, a mask with bat ears, and a shiny golden codpiece that doubles as his wallet. Unlike the ears on Batman's costume which are essentially two points that sit on top of his head, the ears on Batmanuel's mask cover his actual ears and are shaped like the ears of a bat. These do not appear to serve any particular purpose. Batmanuel also wears fingerless gloves. He drives the Manuel Mobile, a gold Buick with a customized front plate that reads "BATLOVE."

Due to budgetary constraints, there were few actual action scenes in the live action series. On one occasion, Batmanuel pulls Arthur to safety when they are attacked by a ninja. However, in other episodes, Batmanuel is shown getting trounced by car thieves and is described as having been mugged on the subway when the Manuel Mobile was at the mechanic, so his fighting skills are questionable.

Batmanuel has an on-again/off-again relationship with Captain Liberty (played by Liz Vassey).

Batmanuel is very self-absorbed, often thinking only of himself even in the worst situations, and even speaking in third person. He is so self-absorbed that when parking, he takes up two spaces with his car, saying that "one space is not good enough for the Manuel Mobile. She requires two spaces minimum." He also appears to have no trouble with lying, with not paying the approximately $8,000 worth of parking tickets he has accrued, or with suggesting dumping the body of the Immortal (who died after having sex with Captain Liberty) into the river. (According to him, the story of a super hero dying during intercourse is "as old as the hills.") However, Batmanuel manages to help The Tick, Arthur, and Captain Liberty, when needed.

Coincidentally, Nestor Carbonell appeared in the 2008 motion picture, The Dark Knight, as Gotham City Mayor Anthony Garcia.

16. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

First Dude: "I'm THOR!"

Second Dude: "THOR! You're Thor, I can hardly stand up this morning"

3rd Dude: "Who's next for a mighty reckoning?"​

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  17. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I don't know who this one is, but she looks like something that might pass as 'eye-candy' for the gentlemen......unless she scares them, lol......

Looks like a Babe In Total Control Of Herself to me.......

18. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Natalia Romanoff - The Black Widow ....... Scarlet Johansson never looked so good/scary

19. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

My vote goes to The Silver Surfer and Zenith

20. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Oh, Fraggle! You poor, benighted fellow.

Well worth the few dollars to get a compilation on DVD of some of the animated series.

SPOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcm-J7lQT3w

Duh dwee, duh-duh-duh-dwee-dow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUW0lj5CfuQ

I like American Maid...and THE EVIL MIDNIGHT BOMBER WHAT BOMBS AT MIDNIGHT! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw&feature=related

@ Scary Monster... I really don't want to see Thor # 3's mighty hammer so nearly revealed...
    Not necessarily a totally bad-looking guy...

But before I am prepared to see where your Rainbow bridge trails into your Valhalla, I'd like to have conversed for a few hours over dinner and an alcoholic beverage , KWIM?

And low lighting is much better.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  21. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I trust you observe, chimpkin, that the images I posted were quite well covered, though one can surmise from their form-fitting attire that they seem to be of significant female endowment.

'Twas not so terribly long ago that a flash of ankle or petticoat lace was enough to set a gentleman's blood to warming.

Now it's a bloody meat market, and not all of the cuts on display are triple A grade, if you know what I mean.

Leaving somewhat to the imagination is far more attractive on most people unless they are exceedingly blessed by nature.

Just my opinion, as ever.....

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

23. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Apparently Wikipedia chose not to identify Batmanuel's second most prominent characteristic after his silly outfit: He speaks with an exaggerated, stereotyped Mexican accent. You have to be old enough to remember José Jiménez, the Cisco Kid or Desi Arnaz on "I Love Lucy" to imagine this. His name is bat-man-WELL, although this is not an exaggeration, merely proper Spanish phonetics. He charmed all the girls with his Latino schtick. Well anyway he thought he was charming them.
    Well we actually did see a couple of episodes. They were fun, but there's too much on TV to catch everything. We thought the live-action show was much better. Stooopid things that are easy for animated characters are much funnier when actors manage to do them!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011