Who would've won the cold war if it went hot

Discussion in 'History' started by fedr808, Feb 24, 2009.

1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ok I guess I assumed the fight would be after WWII and the objective Europe - no one's home country (I mean even the Americans are not stupid enough to attack Russia are they?).

I still say Reds get Europe, I suspect they'd have a partisan advantage even.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That makes the whole thing ludicrous. Nuclear technology--its invention, humanity's demonstrated willingness to use it, and its subsequent shame over that usage--was one of the key factors in the shaping of the Cold War. The reason the Cold War stayed almost entirely Cold was that M.A.D. (the principle of Mutually Assured Destruction) actually worked.

Every strategy or tactic involving the use of conventional weapons was shaped by the specter of M.A.D. The Cuban Missile Crisis was arguably the most important event of the Cold War, yet when it was over no shots had been fired because of the threat of M.A.D.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

True. I assumed for the sake of argument that there is just plain no nukes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

The assholes with guns & money are vastly outnumbered.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So I have to shoot twice? three times? the asshole's with out guns or money are in deep doodoo, if the Defecation hits the Oscillation.

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Not always. Usually so only because most people are not determined enough. Or perhaps they don't truly want freedom.

Very violent attitude you exhibit (& advocate?).

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It is called survival.

Guns bullets and Hard Cash, are the ultimate guarantors of survival.

Chairman Mao, was right on one point, power grows from the Barrel of a Gun.

11. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

It's called being a thieving, abusing murdering brainless barbarian.

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

The reason why there are no nukes is because of the fact that there would be no arguement and this thread would not even reach 10 posts because by then we would all agree that the two nations were just nuclear ruin.

The only real debate would be who got hit by a nuke first. It would be an idiotic thread and it would be dead so soon.

13. draqon Banned Banned

no one would win.

14. draqon Banned Banned

The correct question should be...on which area of which part of Earth...what used to be Russia or what used to be USA...would the dust settle down first.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, it is called survival.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, it's called stupid. If you walk around with a gun others will feel they have to as well..

17. draqon Banned Banned

yeah but if you use that gun, others will not have their own gun...there would be no others.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

There will always be others. This place has 6.76 billion fucking (literally) humans in it..

19. draqon Banned Banned

oh ... I forgot who I was talking to...the guy who wouldn't have any bullets left anywhere, because he used them all.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, that would be you. I'd never kill anyone, unless I had to in self-defense.
    Besides, I am against private gun ownership remember ?

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, and they will be my friends, if the defecation hit the oscillation, those who don't have guns will be behind the curve, it will be to late, and again I have my implements for survival, at hand, and every one else well, they will not be the ones in charge, they won't have the means to enforce anything.

22. desi Valued Senior Member

There are quite a few layers to military and police in the US. Do you think they'd let you keep guns if things started going downhill fast? I would think disarming gun owners would be up there on the agenda of things for cops to do in such a situation.

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Chicken...egg...